Police Investigate Fatal Shooting In Capitol Heights

Full story: NBC 4 Washington, DC

Police are investigating a fatal shooting in Capitol Heights. The shooting took place at about 6:15 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Cindy Lane and Central Avenue.
Comments
1 - 20 of 51 Comments Last updated Oct 28, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ray

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 28, 2008
 
A fatal shooting in Capitol Heights!!! SHOCKER!
Just another day

Indian Head, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 28, 2008
 
The hood will always remain the hood.
Koks

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 28, 2008
 
Wow... That is just cruel and sad!
watergrrl

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 28, 2008
 
How is this a surprise?
Maria

Mechanicsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

They need to tear those apartments down. Alot of people have died @ Central Gardens Apartments. How many more lives must be taken for them to do something about that community over there. May he rest in peace and I will pray that god guides his family thru this difficult time and that his family keeps faith in the lord. He is the only one whom can heal any process
Sunset Hills

Middleburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 28, 2008
 
Man this is a mess, Capitol Hgts (Cindy Lane) anyway has come a long way, I reside in the houses just behind the Gardens and it doesnt make any sense what so ever that they cant do anything about the crime that surronds our neighborhood! Tear down that damn Liquor Store! & Get rid of that stupid strip club along with those apartments and we will have a stellar community....Please keep in mind that Cptl Hgts is a big city, not all of it is bad. I have a congressmen, & delegates that live in my neighborhood, along with the sess pool of idiots from Central Gardens, what a cancer to the neighborhood!!!!

Since: Mar 08

SE DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 28, 2008
 
It is a mess, Sunset. But what i tell people is that most crimes, especially murders are targeted and usually the killer doesn't even live in the neighborhood. I too live in Capitol Heights and I think my area is pretty quiet. When I hear of someone being killed, my first thought is did they live there or why are they out that time of night. All around this is sad. And not 1 hour before, SE DC, less than 1 mile from Cindy lane had a homicide.
Sister of the victim

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 15, 2008
 
I am his sister and I thank you for your kind words during this time.
Maria wrote:
They need to tear those apartments down. Alot of people have died @ Central Gardens Apartments. How many more lives must be taken for them to do something about that community over there. May he rest in peace and I will pray that god guides his family thru this difficult time and that his family keeps faith in the lord. He is the only one whom can heal any process
heated

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 8, 2008
 
Sunset Hills wrote:
Man this is a mess, Capitol Hgts (Cindy Lane) anyway has come a long way, I reside in the houses just behind the Gardens and it doesnt make any sense what so ever that they cant do anything about the crime that surronds our neighborhood! Tear down that damn Liquor Store! & Get rid of that stupid strip club along with those apartments and we will have a stellar community....Please keep in mind that Cptl Hgts is a big city, not all of it is bad. I have a congressmen, & delegates that live in my neighborhood, along with the sess pool of idiots from Central Gardens, what a cancer to the neighborhood!!!!
First and for most not everybody that lives in centrsl gardens are idiots just because people from other neighborhoods come where we live and cause problems don't assume that it is everyone and for your information the recent crimes that have happened came from people that do not reside there so get your facts straight before you start running your mouth and i am not a gang banger or a young child i am an adult with 2 small children of my own that i have to protect everyday but i am no idiot got that.
fed up with the mess

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 8, 2008
 
Another shooting in a black area. Another black man shot another black man. What is the common word here? Why is this so common?
fed up with the mess

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 8, 2008
 
MzTina wrote:
It is a mess, Sunset. But what i tell people is that most crimes, especially murders are targeted and usually the killer doesn't even live in the neighborhood. I too live in Capitol Heights and I think my area is pretty quiet. When I hear of someone being killed, my first thought is did they live there or why are they out that time of night. All around this is sad. And not 1 hour before, SE DC, less than 1 mile from Cindy lane had a homicide.
When I hear of someone being shot in YOUR area I think...oh another black man dies at the hands of another black man. When will they ever learn?
fed up with the mess

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 8, 2008
 
Maria wrote:
They need to tear those apartments down. Alot of people have died @ Central Gardens Apartments. How many more lives must be taken for them to do something about that community over there. May he rest in peace and I will pray that god guides his family thru this difficult time and that his family keeps faith in the lord. He is the only one whom can heal any process
When will you and others realize that as long as its blacks killing blacks that nothing will be done about the community?????
T-Man

Cabin John, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 8, 2008
 
fed up with the mess wrote:
Another shooting in a black area. Another black man shot another black man. What is the common word here? Why is this so common?
Go there, interview them, and find out. I'm sure the fine folks there will share some insight to the dilemma.
Mascara

Gaithersburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 8, 2008
 
fed up with the mess wrote:
<quoted text>When will you and others realize that as long as its blacks killing blacks that nothing will be done about the community?????
It about upbringing...
Staples Store Manager

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 8, 2008
 
Ever since the 9-11 incident, the crime has been going on. Criminals use the diverted attention to go into elderly lady's homes to commit crimes by raping, robbing and murdering them. Like that 63 year old Haverstein that got robbed and murdered. The thugs are attacking and murdering lone elderly women these days. In the midwest, a lone elderly lady got robbed and murdered by being tied to her bed and her bed set on fire by some hoods from the street. That is how trasy the world is getting these days.
fed up with the mess

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 9, 2008
 
Mascara wrote:
<quoted text>
It about upbringing...
In this case lack of....Why are so many blacks lacking in this area?
fed up with the mess

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 9, 2008
 
T-Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Go there, interview them, and find out. I'm sure the fine folks there will share some insight to the dilemma.
Interview? Those folks don't understand anything rational. Please.
Mascara

Gaithersburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 9, 2008
 
fed up with the mess wrote:
<quoted text>In this case lack of....Why are so many blacks lacking in this area?
you ask some very elementary questions..

if you study demographics -- you would understand..

there have been several success stories come out of poverty stricken areas.

and alot of criminals in above middle class areas..

it really does nt

you seem to know everything--why ask?

blah
fed up with the mess

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 9, 2008
 
Mascara wrote:
<quoted text>
you ask some very elementary questions..
if you study demographics -- you would understand..
there have been several success stories come out of poverty stricken areas.
and alot of criminals in above middle class areas..
it really does nt
you seem to know everything--why ask?
blah
If they are elementary questions why can't you answer them. Your thinking must be off. Answer the questions then. Stop avoiding the issues.
Mascara

Gaithersburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 10, 2008
 
fed up with the mess wrote:
<quoted text>If they are elementary questions why can't you answer them. Your thinking must be off. Answer the questions then. Stop avoiding the issues.
you are waist of time.. you will always be a racist in regards to your black race.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Capitol Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jul 30 Tim the Bagger 7
Prince George's County Animal Watch Jul '14 mike 1
juvenile delinquent Jul '14 murkinlurking 1
Double Shooting in District Heights; Searching ... May '14 carlos 1
Md. casino garage robber arrested May '14 jose 1
Do you approve of Steny Hoyer as Representative? (Mar '12) Apr '14 Kim Gretz 3
MD Who do you support for Governor in Maryland in ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 fyi 185

Search the Capitol Heights Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Capitol Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Capitol Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Capitol Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Capitol Heights
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••