First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ralph

Marion, OH

#1 Feb 15, 2013

A lesson in irony.

The Food Bank Program, administered by Social Welfare Canada is actually proud of the fact that "It is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food vouchers ever!"

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the Canada Parks and Natural Resources, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."

Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson.
Finally Ralph

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Feb 15, 2013
Ralph wrote:
A lesson in irony.
The Food Bank Program, administered by Social Welfare Canada is actually proud of the fact that "It is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food vouchers ever!"
Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the Canada Parks and Natural Resources, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."
Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.
Now that is what I'm talkin' about. Excellent work. Seriously! Comprehensive, meaningful, simple. What an excellent way to recreate a more diverse definition of kindness and charity.
Query

Cloudcroft, NM

#3 Feb 15, 2013
then move to Canada and get some free stuff.

Geez Ralph, you are sorta slow sometimes.

glad to be a good Christian and help you out.
Ralph

Marion, OH

#4 Feb 16, 2013
Some folks can't learn.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Feb 16, 2013
Ralph wrote:
A lesson in irony.
A lesson in research.
The reason that "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." signs appear at zoos all over the world, including our own Alameda Park Zoo (the oldest zoo in the South West), is to prevent bears and other predators from eating the visitors.
Finally Ralph

Alamogordo, NM

#6 Feb 16, 2013
Ralph wrote:
A lesson in irony.
Hey Ralph, I really did appreciate this particular post. I wasn't kidding. I have been in many National and State Forests and Parks where the sign is displayed. I actually almost got arrested once while talking to a ranger and having a red fox approach. I got down on my haunches to observe the ever so close fox, more closely. Evidently the ranger thought I was going to feed the fox and he turned into a CIA agent, threatening me with arrest if I didn't back away. Goofy stuff.
But I appreciated the parallel to welfare. In some areas though, welfare actually does cut down on what would be a higher breaking and entering arrest rate. Kindness is a mine filled area surrounding the Kingdom of God. He is the vine and I the branch, abide in the vine.
ringgo

Cloudcroft, NM

#8 Feb 16, 2013
Ralph wrote:
A lesson in irony.
so minorities are lower animals. got it.
Flamingo del la grase

Maumelle, AR

#9 Feb 16, 2013
I am not oppose to welfare for people in need. What Im against is dependency promoted by welfare.
Gimmmee

Alamogordo, NM

#10 Feb 17, 2013
Welfare is a fraud for lazy libtards..
Ralph

Marion, OH

#11 Feb 18, 2013
ringgo wrote:
<quoted text>
so minorities are lower animals. got it.
That is a racial slur. The best thing the republicans have going for them is this idiot in high rolls.
Hippies in Hig Rolls

Alamogordo, NM

#12 Feb 18, 2013
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text> That is a racial slur. The best thing the republicans have going for them is this idiot in high rolls.

This is how they live in high rolls..
Ralph

Marion, OH

#13 Feb 18, 2013
Hand feed and they will follow you any where. We use to do that with chickens before we cut their heads off!
RichterScale

Cloudcroft, NM

#14 Feb 18, 2013
it's old reach around Ralph, the prison guard. fab honey. tug tug
Hippie

Alamogordo, NM

#15 Feb 18, 2013
RichterScale wrote:
it's old reach around Ralph, the prison guard. fab honey. tug tug
Is that how you do it in high rolls?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#17 Feb 18, 2013
http://www.welcometousa.gov/Government_benefi...

Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions is accusing the Obama administration of failing to enforce a century-old law meant to prevent immigrants from taking root in the U.S. only to live on the government dole -- after the administration reported it did not cite anyone for this last year.
Moishe Israel

Cloudcroft, NM

#18 Feb 18, 2013
the 8 reddest states are full of whitemoochers. 'splain that.
Lucy explaining

Alamogordo, NM

#19 Feb 18, 2013
Moishe Israel wrote:
the 8 reddest states are full of whitemoochers.'splain that.
High rolls is full of fat old gay pot smoking hippies explain that..

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#20 Feb 18, 2013
The unsustainable welfare burden on current taxpayers:

For every 1.65 employed persons in the private sector, 1 person receives welfare assistance
For every 1.25 employed persons in the private sector, 1 person receives welfare assistance or works for the government.

It explains why the cluelessly incompetent but supposedly impartial Congressional Budget Office just released a key paper titled "Share of Returns Filed by Low- and Moderate-Income Workers, by Marginal Tax Rate, Under 2012 Law" which carries a chart of disposable income by net income comparable to the one above.
FUNNY

Alamogordo, NM

#21 Feb 18, 2013
Land Locked Sailor wrote:
The unsustainable welfare burden on current taxpayers:
For every 1.65 employed persons in the private sector, 1 person receives welfare assistance
For every 1.25 employed persons in the private sector, 1 person receives welfare assistance or works for the government.
It explains why the cluelessly incompetent but supposedly impartial Congressional Budget Office just released a key paper titled "Share of Returns Filed by Low- and Moderate-Income Workers, by Marginal Tax Rate, Under 2012 Law" which carries a chart of disposable income by net income comparable to the one above.
You ain't much different sailor boy! You been getting a government check for years also. You are a taker, never producd anything have you Nancy Boy!
Kevin

Las Vegas, NV

#22 Aug 3, 2013
Flamingo del la grase wrote:
I am not oppose to welfare for people in need. What I'm against is dependency promoted by welfare.
Excellent comment. That's the problem!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capitan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Unreported News 2 hr A lib that ends i... 6
President Trump and accusations of sexual misco... 2 hr A lib that ends i... 15
FBI Director Defends Agency Against Trump Criti... 2 hr A lib that ends i... 4
trump's atta boy's. 3 hr A lib that ends i... 81
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 3 hr A lib that ends i... 10,295
Moore of Alabama being asked to step out of race. 5 hr Willie Granville 278
Tax plan favors the rich and China 7 hr Good Luck 12

Capitan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance