Family Dog Shot Nov 20
duh

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Dec 3, 2012
And why is one of his charges misdemeanor. Negligent Use when Comers knew he was shooting onto the Morgan's property, he was shooting toward the house, and he knew the family was home. He fired the second shot with a child in the yard in the dark with the admitted intention of killing the dog...Where is the Reckless. ENDANGERMENT charge? And House knew that Comers was a convicted felon when he finally filed charges ...where is the Felon in Possession charge? I don't understand why it took ten days and why charges seem so lax. This is serious stuff. WIsh the sheriff would do what we elected him to do.
yep

Alamogordo, NM

#24 Dec 3, 2012
Maybe Mr. House should invoke when in doubt or afraid to charge check it out with the DA im am sure Martwick can figure it out. Don't be afraid to ask for help Mr. House and don't let your EGO stand in your way of your duties.
wow

Alamogordo, NM

#26 Dec 4, 2012
Superior Court of California - County of Orange

Defendant: Commers, Todd M.
Arrest date: 11/11/97

Count: Statute: Violation: Plea:
1 11370.1(a) HS Possess controlled
Felony substance while armed
with firearm Guilty

2 11377(a) HS Poss controlled
Felony substance Guilty

3 11550(a) HS Under influence of
Msdmeanor controlled substance Guilty

90 days Jail
3 years probation

Wondering

Alamogordo, NM

#27 Dec 4, 2012
I am wondering what gives someone the right to kill another family's pet.

What compels a person to shoot into someone else's yard - intentionally - to harm an animal (in this case a 7 month old puppy according to posts here)

What kind of person knows their neighbor has kids, knows people are home, and shoots into their yard with the intention of killing a dog after dark? Who takes chances like that?

And with that California drug possession with a firearm arrest on his record - I think the guy could be a threat to that family. Thanks for posting the information

Julie, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog. It never should have happened. I hope you and Happy get some justice.
more questions

Alamogordo, NM

#28 Dec 4, 2012
Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
The state possession statute has a time limit. 10 years from end of sentence/probation/parole i believe. The federal statute is a lifetime bar which is possibly the reason for the suggestion that it might be sent to them. The DA has a kid and an indoor dog, so I don't reckon he will get much slack on this one. Historically those that maliciously harm animals don't get much love from the system.
Thank you, answers, for the information on the firearm possession rules.

there are charges filed in Magistrate court on this case. If Felon in possession at federal level does not have term limits or dont expire, how does that work? Can state or federal charges be added outside of what is addressed in Magistrate court?

Seems like if initial charges go thru Magistrate court, that could be the end of it. Wonder if the DA can file separate charges besides those already filed. Maybe the charges the guy is presently facing is enough.? Not if it was MY dog.

I'm hoping you are right and that the system will not be very kind to someone who maliciously harms an animal. Very upsetting.

yep

Alamogordo, NM

#29 Dec 4, 2012
the fire arms charge can be federal which carries more time for than state charges.
wow

Alamogordo, NM

#30 Dec 5, 2012
yep wrote:
the fire arms charge can be federal which carries more time for than state charges.
The negligent use charge is being done through magistrate court, not federal folks.
wow

Alamogordo, NM

#31 Dec 5, 2012
Anyone know when arraignment and plea is scheduled on this case? We would like to follow it along.thanks.
Animal Lover

Alamogordo, NM

#32 Dec 5, 2012
Sad and awful story. I'm sorry for the family that had someone kill their dog.
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

#33 Dec 5, 2012
yep wrote:
More time..... now that's a good topic, time.

What is time? What is time in prison for a crime?

One jerkoff in town, some loe life subhuman about 2 years ago, got caught with a lb of coke? He was in and out lickety split. Like nothing.

There's that basturd, back to old habits, and you law enforcement are nothing but a bunch of azzholes. Your judiciary syetem with no teeth, the states broke, not willing to continue to incarcerate non violent 47% jerkoffs.

Of course if I went around with the basturd, shot him between the legs and made a girl out of him, I'd be serving 20 years with no parole.

You see what this country has turned into? Give that marxist in the WH, entertaining clowns like Al Sharpton, and you'll see what you'll get.

It's coming, and I'm ready. Are you? Nope, dummy sheeple of america, you got caught with your pants down again.
Alamo Alum

Santa Fe, NM

#34 Dec 5, 2012
I thought I recognized this name from somewhere. My son played one year of soccer and this jerk was his coach. Now I know how much if a low life he really is.
Animal Lover

Alamogordo, NM

#35 Dec 6, 2012
I heard from another friend that the reason Commers didn't go to jail is because there was no room at the inn. Overcrowded. Guess you would have to commit a "serious" crime to be incarcerated.

And yes, I also heard he was a youth soccer coach here
Warrant served

Carrizozo, NM

#36 Dec 6, 2012
11/30/2012 WAR: PRE-ADJUDICATION WARRANT SERVED
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

#37 Dec 6, 2012
Animal Lover wrote:
I heard from another friend that the reason Commers didn't go to jail is because there was no room at the inn. Overcrowded. Guess you would have to commit a "serious" crime to be incarcerated.
How serious?
The woman who worked at the Holloman AFB Bowling Alley, embezzled $209K in a 4 year period, a sweet salary combined with her own, and was given 18 months probation?!

Now do you see how sick this country has become?

I specially liked the part about how the spokesperson said they constantly do audits? Yeah right, audits my dupa.

Who's the next batter-up? Alamo-Ghetto corrupt? Naw, only Chitcago gets that rating.
I Know

Albuquerque, NM

#38 Dec 6, 2012
Heisenberg wrote:
<quoted text>
How serious?
The woman who worked at the Holloman AFB Bowling Alley, embezzled $209K in a 4 year period, a sweet salary combined with her own, and was given 18 months probation?!
Now do you see how sick this country has become?
I specially liked the part about how the spokesperson said they constantly do audits? Yeah right, audits my dupa.
Who's the next batter-up? Alamo-Ghetto corrupt? Naw, only Chitcago gets that rating.
So how does your answer go with this bastard killing a puppy while his young owner was in the yard? two different stories. please keep comments posted on the right topix. thank you
OCDC full

Alamogordo, NM

#39 Dec 6, 2012
Animal Lover wrote:
He could always call in and see if they have a cell available or maybe he could serve on weekends.
Bro

Alamogordo, NM

#40 Dec 6, 2012
again..stick to kittehs and you dont have dog problems :-)

Albuquerque, NM

#41 Dec 9, 2012
Animal Lover wrote:
Todd Commers, 40, of the 30 block of KC Road, Alamogordo was arrested on a Magistrate Court warrant for alleged extreme cruelty to animals and negligent use of a deadly weapon. He was incarcerated at OCDC and is to appear in court as directed.
wow

Albuquerque, NM

#42 Dec 9, 2012
Heisenberg wrote:
These Morgan Folks are probably a pretty decent bunch it appears, just a family living in the countryside.
If this happened to me, and whether it happened in the heart of town, or 100 miles out of town, any person shooting my pet, and shooting onto my property would be met with a return volley of a deadly onslaught of bullets, till either they were dead, or I was dead.
Then the sherrif's dept, the police, the national guard, the marines can come get more than just a dead animal.
This familiy's right were severly trodden on.
Sorry to hear that the law authorities here also appear to be a "day late, and a dollar short".
Alton is a very nice man and has helped me in a situation and never charged me money. He is a kind man..! His daughters are respectful and nice..
wow

Albuquerque, NM

#43 Dec 9, 2012
Bro wrote:
again..stick to kittehs and you dont have dog problems :-)
I shoot kittens on my property as they have disease and give animals worms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capitan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hooray for Hillary! 3 min Jack H 240
Anti-Trump Republicans To Run Ads Against Trump... 3 hr And 2
Trump stand-ins struggle to speak for and defen... 3 hr And 3
After 30 Years Of Mass Shootings, We Still Have... 3 hr And 267
Where is it ? 3 hr And 9
Republican Backers are Backing Away From Trump 3 hr And 27
Why God is so important. 3 hr Ralph 12

Capitan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance