Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5638 May 9, 2013
As much as I would like to reply to your concerns, you were replying to one of the "Gorky" impersonating sock-puppets infesting this forum.

My posts without references are my opinions. Posts with references are the opinions of others that I think are worth repeating.

Now we can combine all the 'stupid' threads into one and acknowledge that while some states may be stupider than others, as a whole, almost half of our country is stupid. They are distributed throughout all 50 states.

They vote against their own best interests, they think the Earth is 5000 yrs old, believe Glenn Beck is the Messiah, call themselves "pro-life" while executing inmates, cutting food-aid and healthcare to struggling families, & sending kids to war. They believe freedom means free to trash the environment, be a bigot, oppress others, and let people suffer without Govt assistance.

They think education and science is a Liberal conspiracy, they have a rabid disdain for facts, logic, and reasoning, they believe the only way to help the middle class is to give rich people more money. They believe workers rights is communism and income inequality is capitalism.

They believe poor people are destroying society even though no poor person has ever outsourced US jobs or caused a global financial collapse, rich people did that. They think we should cut social welfare for struggling kids & families even though we spend double on corporate welfare for extremely profitable billion dollar corporations than we do on social welfare.

They believe homosexuals will destroy the sanctity of marriage while they themselves are on their 4th marriage. They believe a women's right to choose is wrong yet they try to make society a terrible place to raise a child for poor people. They believe everyone should have guns but healthcare should be limited. They would rather drop bombs on other countries than drop food on ours. They believe in "small Govt" unless that Govt is wiretapping its citizens, drug testing its citizens, executing inmates, oppressing minorities, starting wars on every continent, and handing out corporate subsidies.

Etc., etc., etc...
Eskimo Swimming

Alamogordo, NM

#5639 May 9, 2013
Gorky wrote:
As much as I would like to reply to your concerns, you were replying to one of the "Gorky" impersonating sock-puppets infesting this forum.
My posts without references are my opinions. Posts with references are the opinions of others that I think are worth repeating.
Now we can combine all the 'stupid' threads into one and acknowledge that while some states may be stupider than others, as a whole, almost half of our country is stupid. They are distributed throughout all 50 states.
They vote against their own best interests, they think the Earth is 5000 yrs old, believe Glenn Beck is the Messiah, call themselves "pro-life" while executing inmates, cutting food-aid and healthcare to struggling families, & sending kids to war. They believe freedom means free to trash the environment, be a bigot, oppress others, and let people suffer without Govt assistance.
They think education and science is a Liberal conspiracy, they have a rabid disdain for facts, logic, and reasoning, they believe the only way to help the middle class is to give rich people more money. They believe workers rights is communism and income inequality is capitalism.
They believe poor people are destroying society even though no poor person has ever outsourced US jobs or caused a global financial collapse, rich people did that. They think we should cut social welfare for struggling kids & families even though we spend double on corporate welfare for extremely profitable billion dollar corporations than we do on social welfare.
They believe homosexuals will destroy the sanctity of marriage while they themselves are on their 4th marriage. They believe a women's right to choose is wrong yet they try to make society a terrible place to raise a child for poor people. They believe everyone should have guns but healthcare should be limited. They would rather drop bombs on other countries than drop food on ours. They believe in "small Govt" unless that Govt is wiretapping its citizens, drug testing its citizens, executing inmates, oppressing minorities, starting wars on every continent, and handing out corporate subsidies.
Etc., etc., etc...
So if you make remarks that do not have a link, those are your opinion, and a reference is a link you like, So when do we see the truth, because your opinion is a lie.....
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5640 May 9, 2013
I know you are doing your best, Eskimo Swimming. Keep it up you will get there someday. Don't know where your "there" is, but I know you will eventually make it.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5641 May 10, 2013
More unpleasant news for the Denialators:

The most controversial chart in history, explained
By Chris Mooney

Back in 1998, a little-known climate scientist named Michael Mann and two colleagues published a paper [PDF] that sought to reconstruct the planet’s past temperatures going back half a millennium before the era of thermometers — thereby showing just how out of whack recent warming has been. The finding: Recent Northern Hemisphere temperatures had been “warmer than any other year since (at least) AD 1400.” The graph depicting this result looked rather like a hockey stick: After a long period of relatively minor temperature variations (the “shaft”), it showed a sharp mercury upswing during the last century or so (“the blade”).

The report moved quickly through climate science circles. Mann and a colleague soon lengthened the shaft [PDF] of the hockey stick back to the year 1000 AD — and then, in 2001, the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change prominently featured the hockey stick in its Third Assessment Report. Based on this evidence, the IPCC proclaimed that “the increase in temperature in the 20th century is likely to have been the largest of any century during the past 1,000 years.”

And then all hell broke loose, causing a global epidemic of psychopathy among the elites and their adoring followers. Please read on:

@ http://grist.org/climate-energy/the-most-cont...
Bush failed us

Alamogordo, NM

#5642 May 10, 2013
The oil industry bought and paid for 'make-believe-scientists' to dispute global warming. That much is fact. also fact is their oppostion to soloar industry. Fancy that.
Republicans gave us Bush & Cheney. And they're anti-science and anti-people, except the 1%. Ignorant haters fall for their rhetoric.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5643 May 10, 2013
Bush failed us wrote:
The oil industry bought and paid for 'make-believe-scientists' to dispute global warming. That much is fact. also fact is their oppostion to soloar industry. Fancy that.
Republicans gave us Bush & Cheney. And they're anti-science and anti-people, except the 1%. Ignorant haters fall for their rhetoric.
These oil CEOs and their supportive politicians FROM BOTH PARTIES, including Carter, Reagan, the Bushes, Clinton, and Obama, are psychopaths who consider normal people to be food for their egos and they must be surgically removed from our society or we will be consumed by their greed. By surgically removed, I mean that we must separate ourselves from their influence.
Eskimo Swimming

Alamogordo, NM

#5644 May 11, 2013
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
These oil CEOs and their supportive politicians FROM BOTH PARTIES, including Carter, Reagan, the Bushes, Clinton, and Obama, are psychopaths who consider normal people to be food for their egos and they must be surgically removed from our society or we will be consumed by their greed. By surgically removed, I mean that we must separate ourselves from their influence.
How do you remove the very people your education created and cherish, once a liberal, always a liberal.

Still waiting for those answers.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5645 May 11, 2013
Over the last couple weeks, scientists and environmentalists have been keeping a particularly close eye on the Hawaii-based monitoring station that tracks how much carbon dioxide is in the atmosphere, as the count tiptoed closer to a record-smashing 400 parts per million. Thursday, we finally got there: The daily mean concentration was higher than at any time in human history, NOAA reported.

Don’t worry: The earth is not about to go up in a ball of flame. The 400 ppm mark is only a milestone, 50 ppm over what legendary NASA scientist James Hansen has since 1988 called the safe zone for avoiding the worst impacts of climate change, and yet only halfway to what the IPCC predicts we’ll reach by the end of the century.

“Somehow in the last 50 ppm we melted the Arctic,” said environmentalist and founder of activist group 350.org Bill McKibben, who called today’s news a “grim but predictable milestone” and has long used the symbolic number as a rallying call for climate action.“We’ll see what happens in the next 50.”

We could find out soon enough: With the East Coast still recovering from Superstorm Sandy and the West gearing up for what promises to be a nasty fire season, University of California ecologist Max Moritz says milestones like these are “an excuse for us to take a good hard look at where we are,” especially as the carbon concentration shows no signs of reversing course.

http://grist.org/climate-energy/we-just-passe...

When you come up with coherent questions, I will furnish you with coherent answers.
Eskimo Swimming

Alamogordo, NM

#5646 May 12, 2013
Gorky wrote:
Over the last couple weeks, scientists and environmentalists have been keeping a particularly close eye on the Hawaii-based monitoring station that tracks how much carbon dioxide is in the atmosphere, as the count tiptoed closer to a record-smashing 400 parts per million. Thursday, we finally got there: The daily mean concentration was higher than at any time in human history, NOAA reported.
Don’t worry: The earth is not about to go up in a ball of flame. The 400 ppm mark is only a milestone, 50 ppm over what legendary NASA scientist James Hansen has since 1988 called the safe zone for avoiding the worst impacts of climate change, and yet only halfway to what the IPCC predicts we’ll reach by the end of the century.
“Somehow in the last 50 ppm we melted the Arctic,” said environmentalist and founder of activist group 350.org Bill McKibben, who called today’s news a “grim but predictable milestone” and has long used the symbolic number as a rallying call for climate action.“We’ll see what happens in the next 50.”
We could find out soon enough: With the East Coast still recovering from Superstorm Sandy and the West gearing up for what promises to be a nasty fire season, University of California ecologist Max Moritz says milestones like these are “an excuse for us to take a good hard look at where we are,” especially as the carbon concentration shows no signs of reversing course.
http://grist.org/climate-energy/we-just-passe...
When you come up with coherent questions, I will furnish you with coherent answers.
You should post facts and You have posted no facts.

Remember this, This is what we are talking about. Show the link, stop being a Ralph..

Gorky
Alamogordo, NM

Post #5392
Saturday Mar 2

I tried to dumb it down where even you could understand it.

"The earth releases the heat through the ozone layer and once it hits the atmosphere it blast through space at light speed attracting the suns hot rays as it goes along. Then it engulfs every planet in it's path increasing the temperature of that planet. It's common sense and there is not one scientist in the world who disagrees with it.."

So Gorky, show the link that proves your statement above.
Eskimo Swimming

Alamogordo, NM

#5647 May 12, 2013
Gorky wrote:
Climate change denial differs from skepticism, which is essential for good science. "Almost two decades after the issue became one of global concern, the 'big' debate over climate change is over. There are now no credible scientific skeptics challenging the underlying scientific theory, or the broad projections, of climate change."
The relationships between industry-funded denial and public climate change skepticism have at times been compared to earlier efforts by the tobacco industry to undermine what is now widely accepted scientific evidence relating to the dangers of secondhand smoke, or even linked as a direct continuation of these earlier financial relationships. Aside from private industry groups, climate change denial has also been alleged regarding the statements of elected officials.
Oh my again Gorky, Provide the link that verifies your lies again.(There are now no credible scientific skeptics challenging the underlying scientific theory, or the broad projections, of climate change.")
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5648 May 12, 2013
Eskimo Swimming wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you remove the very people your education created and cherish, once a liberal, always a liberal.
Eskimo Swimming wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for clarification, when you say "remove", do you mean in the sense of "to eliminate" or "exterminate"?

The true opposite of a liberal is a fascist. You make the common mistake of defining a conservative as the opposite of a liberal, but the opposite of a conservative is a progressive.

Also, the opposite of a college liberal arts program is an applied professional program, such as engineering, or a business degrees, etc.. However, they are not truly in opposition, they are just a different focus of education. Each has advantages.

If you favor fascism or if you are a supporter of The Tea Party, you are outside the definition of conservatism. Conservatism is a useful and positive means of advocating for the preservation of the best in society and opposing radical changes that could be harmful to humans and to society. I hope you will continue to remain a thoughtful Conservative and I will do the same with my Progressive Liberalism.

I suggest we strive to find a healthy balance between Conservatism and Liberalism and move together to moderate the influence of the pathologically inclined leaders of our ruling class.

In the meantime, I suggest you try and stop your stereotyping and address the real problems at their roots.
Patriot Gun Bearer

High Rolls Mountain Park, NM

#5649 May 12, 2013
Carol's Roots are dyed.
Eskimo Swimming

Alamogordo, NM

#5650 May 12, 2013
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Just for clarification, when you say "remove", do you mean in the sense of "to eliminate" or "exterminate"?
The true opposite of a liberal is a fascist. You make the common mistake of defining a conservative as the opposite of a liberal, but the opposite of a conservative is a progressive.
Also, the opposite of a college liberal arts program is an applied professional program, such as engineering, or a business degrees, etc.. However, they are not truly in opposition, they are just a different focus of education. Each has advantages.
If you favor fascism or if you are a supporter of The Tea Party, you are outside the definition of conservatism. Conservatism is a useful and positive means of advocating for the preservation of the best in society and opposing radical changes that could be harmful to humans and to society. I hope you will continue to remain a thoughtful Conservative and I will do the same with my Progressive Liberalism.
I suggest we strive to find a healthy balance between Conservatism and Liberalism and move together to moderate the influence of the pathologically inclined leaders of our ruling class.
In the meantime, I suggest you try and stop your stereotyping and address the real problems at their roots.
How come you refuse you provide the links to the same 2 comments you made?

No....How do you remove your liberal idealogy and become a benefit to society, and how do you change the educational system and remove liberal ideology from that dept.

We will never strive together to fix anything, you are a progressive liberal and I am a mixture of different ideas btwn conservative, republician, libeterian, green party, environmentalists (water, mining act, oil, gas, coal).
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5651 May 12, 2013
Eskimo Swimming wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you refuse you provide the links to the same 2 comments you made?
No....How do you remove your liberal idealogy and become a benefit to society, and how do you change the educational system and remove liberal ideology from that dept.
We will never strive together to fix anything, you are a progressive liberal and I am a mixture of different ideas btwn conservative, republician, libeterian, green party, environmentalists (water, mining act, oil, gas, coal).
I made about a half dozen comments and they are all my opinions. Just use "Gorky" as your source. Or google the terms, if you know how. I see no reason to remove liberal thought or conservative thought from education. They are both important studies. If there were no liberal ideology, there would be no education, period, unless that education was on how to conform to a fascist government and not think about it. "How to conform to a fascist government and not think about it", would make a clever class title for graduate school.

I will somehow survive with the loss of your help.
POA Virginia

Washington, DC

#5652 May 13, 2013
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
I made about a half dozen comments and they are all my opinions. Just use "Gorky" as your source. Or google the terms, if you know how. I see no reason to remove liberal thought or conservative thought from education. They are both important studies. If there were no liberal ideology, there would be no education, period, unless that education was on how to conform to a fascist government and not think about it. "How to conform to a fascist government and not think about it", would make a clever class title for graduate school.
I will somehow survive with the loss of your help.
At least you are the smartest person you know..
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5653 May 13, 2013
More bad news for climate change deniers.

Climate change is a political winner, recent polls make clear (see links below). It is a wedge issue that divides Tea Party extremists from Democrats, independents, and even moderate/liberal Republicans.

Providing further support for that view is a new analysis of by The Yale Project on Climate Change Communication. They found:

Concern about the effects of climate change is high across political groups, with majorities of Democrats and Independents expressing concern about global warming and its potential harm for themselves and future generations.

Across party lines, there is support for taking action to reduce global warming, with pluralities of all groups favoring medium-scale efforts. Even among Republicans, a sizeable majority support making some effort to address global warming.

Independents more closely resemble Democrats in their attitudes and beliefs about global warming, and like Democrats, most support efforts to address the problem. Thus, the issue of global warming is a political opportunity to connect with most Independents.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/01/29/1...
Patriotic Gun owner

High Rolls Mountain Park, NM

#5654 May 13, 2013
Ken

thanks for all the requested information. you are so good to these mental peons. you are just about a perfect human being.

BTW we are all screwed by climate change and it is too late. in NM we are not even 10 years into a 40 year drought.
Gosh butt licker

Alamogordo, NM

#5655 May 13, 2013
Patriotic Gun owner wrote:
Ken
thanks for all the requested information. you are so good to these mental peons. you are just about a perfect human being...
I just threw up in my mouth a little
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5656 May 14, 2013
“Nowadays, in an age of rising population and scarcities of food and water in some regions, it’s a wonder that humanitarians aren’t clamoring for more atmospheric carbon dioxide.”

No, it’s not the satiric magazine "The Onion". It’s The Wall Street Journal editorial page, which nowadays is much the same thing.

Once again, the country’s leading financial newspaper is recycling long-debunked myths from disinformers with PhDs posing as climate scientists — in this case, Harrison H. Schmitt and William Happer,“In Defense of Carbon Dioxide: The demonized chemical compound is a boon to plant life and has little correlation with global temperature.”

But what nefarious forces have been demonizing CO2? Let’s see:

IMF Chief (2/13):”Unless We Take Action On Climate Change, Future Generations Will Be Roasted, Toasted, Fried And Grilled”

World Bank Report (11/12):“A 4°C [7°F] World Can, And Must, Be Avoided” To Avert “Devastating” Impacts

Wall Street Journal (1/13):“More Droughts, Floods, Extreme Weather Expected With Warming Climate”

Darn you, major international financial institutions and the paper’s own reporters!

Sure the Journal‘s editorial page has long been part of the effort to advance the pollutocrat do-nothing agenda (see Scientist:“The Murdoch Media Empire Has Cost Humanity Perhaps One or Two Decades in Battle Against Climate Change”).

But this piece is a new low.“It’s shameful even by the dismal standards of that page,” as Columbia Journalism Review puts its in their piece,“The WSJ editorial page hits rock bottom.”

The entire piece is devoted to one of the most risible logical fallacies pushed by the deniers — that because CO2 stimulates plant growth, lots more CO2 must be great for plants. It’s like arguing that because humans need water to live, floods must be a great thing.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/05/13/1...

Since: Sep 08

Alamogordo, NM

#5657 May 14, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/11/clim...

So one scientists says one thing, and another scientists say another thing, who is right, Only God knows. Man should do better to conserve water, and use recycled H20 as much as possible.

Because 30 million "Illegals" are going to get citizenship in 2024 to replace the retiring Baby Boomers.(Now you know where that 13 year number comes from, the baby boomers will all be retiring at age 62 in 2024.) And water will be a major issue America has not figured out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capitan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another 30,000 5 min Hello 5
News Sunny Aris (Sep '11) 6 min Mr T 206
What cold/virus is going around? 7 min Hello 13
ted cruse comes out today while forcing entire ... 7 min Mr T 27
Joan Rivers on Obama 8 min Hello 15
B.O.'s hero is a deserter. 9 min Hello 7
Alamo babysitter left bruises on 2 yr old? 13 min Mr T 5
Capitan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web