Mayor Galea In Washington D.C. For Ho...
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#26 Jun 16, 2013
Bro wrote:
Remember she doing it on your dime. What was the first thing she could think of when becoming mayor. To inject religion into the town. That kind of nutjob isn't doing any kind of good there.
Easy Bro the goofball cries at the drop of a hat!
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#27 Jun 16, 2013
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be the first time I heard that explained so reasonably. Given that, why are the mayor and the committee of professional beggars in Washington trying to manipulate military decisions? Self interest before national defense and fiscal responsibility. isn't ironic that the Tea Party-est place on earth actually has a formal organization and mayor in DC begging for pork?
Maybe you libtards can get the IRS to investigate them again!
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#29 Jun 16, 2013
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
Investigate them? My interest is in getting people to understand them as they actually are in real life. I think its enough to watch them change their out of their patriot get ups and don the clothes of pork barrel beggars, don't you? Know them by their works.
Please proofread before posting if you want to have the audience understand you. Not much difference between you and the IRS now is there!
In God We Trust

Alamogordo, NM

#30 Jun 16, 2013
Geez i'd love to ssee Susie in a string bikini !!!
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#31 Jun 16, 2013
In God We Trust wrote:
Geez i'd love to ssee Susie in a string bikini !!!
Great! Another religious man who trusts in God that he will get lucky and get to see another man's woman in skimpy clothing. What could be wrong with that picture? Atheists have way more morals and ethics than that fellow.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#32 Jun 16, 2013
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be the first time I heard that explained so reasonably. Given that, why are the mayor and the committee of professional beggars in Washington trying to manipulate military decisions? Self interest before national defense and fiscal responsibility. isn't ironic that the Tea Party-est place on earth actually has a formal organization and mayor in DC begging for pork?
BRAC my dear man. Congress said no this month, But it is coming, And IMO Kirkland or Cannon will be chopped when it happens.
Bro

Alamogordo, NM

#33 Jun 16, 2013
They already ruined Carls :-( and still have to wait 30 minutes to get through the damn drive thru
Mike

Alamogordo, NM

#36 Jun 23, 2013
I think that the mayor is doing about the best job we've had from any mayor going back to the 80's since when i first moved here IMO.
old timer

Alamogordo, NM

#37 Jun 23, 2013
what has she done so far that is so good? IMO she hasnt accomplished anything while in office that benefits or betters the city.
Mike wrote:
I think that the mayor is doing about the best job we've had from any mayor going back to the 80's since when i first moved here IMO.

Location hidden

#38 Jun 23, 2013
Mike wrote:
I agree, she is out and about. Learning from the citizens who actually care instead of complaining without any possible solutions to city wide problems.

IMO, This city needs to change how power is shared. I would prefer a single mayor who runs the city with a city manager, and city commissioners who do not vote, have no power, and are paid the old scale for meetings.

Right now, there is division on the council and we get those half thought out new ordances like the cell phone ban that goes now where. Which city commissioners do you blame for city streets conditions, building in ruins, code enforcement with no power, waste water treatment plant operating way past it life cycle, and so on.

Water is our biggest issue in the future, if the base closes, then water issues will be a thing of the past.

Location hidden

#40 Jun 24, 2013
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
If water is a problem then perhaps the brackish water scam could be ended. Get the paperwork on the well the desal research facility sunk. They hit fresh water and a lot of it under clay beneath the salty junk. They had to pipe the brackish in from the same guy trying to give brackish to the city for potable in exchange.
It is all right there, but the city continues to beg, borrow and expend large sums on a future based on stockpiling and disposing of corrosives rather than kick the salt habit. But that would not be friendly to vested interest.
Do you have a link to your above comments about the fresh water. Have not read that anywhere.
Mike

Alamogordo, NM

#41 Jun 24, 2013
At the ending of each city council meeting (every other tuesday 7:00 p.m.) our mayor usually discusses about who she's either met with over the past two weeks or who's she's meeting with for the upcoming two weeks e.g. economic developement, water, roads, military bases, housing, schools including different private organizations etc. as i'm impressed by what i hear her say and do.

If she runs for Alamogordo Mayor (new city wide vote position) next year i'm voting for her.

Location hidden

#42 Jun 24, 2013
It is good to have a mayor that actually you can talk too, and is easy to understand.

She is out and about all over the city, much more than the previous mayors here.
James

Alamogordo, NM

#43 Jun 24, 2013
Land Locked Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a link to your above comments about the fresh water. Have not read that anywhere.
No he's just making up as he goes along. Pay him no mind.
Loyal Dem

Alamogordo, NM

#44 Jun 26, 2013
Michael Morris wrote:
Too bad the matter of military needs never enters into the equation. Just a bunch of opportunists looking for a tax handout.
At least yesterday's action on Capitol Hill showed there is widespread bipartisan support for continuing obsolete bases and programs.
Galea is as personally interested in this as anyone since her husband is one of the tax receivers out there.
What a damned shame the only thing these guys know how to do is beg the taxpayer for more of their hard earned dough.
A couple things, Mr. Morris: You're fortunate that there is a military to support and protect limp thinkers like you. I get the impression that you probably couldn't qualify to be a member of any one of the military branches. Buck up and be grateful tat all you have to do is pay taxes......Secondly, if it were not for Holloman AFB, Alamogordo would dry up and blow away......Keep up.
Brietbart

Cloudcroft, NM

#46 Jun 26, 2013
project much?
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a profoundly confused individual. How does my support for the military mission being the basis for military spending rather than as a welfare programs to keep towns afloat that built up around facilities qualify for that incoherent rant of yours?
How much whiskey does it take to come to all those incorrect conclusions?
Riddle me this. Qualitatively how is it any different to pay someone to sit home on their ass all day and paying someone to continue doing a job that does not need done any longer? Let the generals decide what the military needs not the needs of towns unable to survive without the welfare.
Now when you sober up think of an answer rather than a lunatic rant of consisting solely of spurious and conclusory allegations like the last one. What value could a mind like yours have.
whatever

Tularosa, NM

#47 Jun 26, 2013
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a profoundly confused individual. How does my support for the military mission being the basis for military spending rather than as a welfare programs to keep towns afloat that built up around facilities qualify for that incoherent rant of yours?
Riddle me this. Qualitatively how is it any different to pay someone to sit home on their ass all day and paying someone to continue doing a job that does not need done any longer? Let the generals decide what the military needs not the needs of towns unable to survive without the welfare.
Now when you sober up think of an answer rather than a lunatic rant of consisting solely of spurious and conclusory allegations like the last one. What value could a mind like yours have.
First off, we all wish you would crawl back under the rock you have been hiding under for the last few months. Now on to the issue at hand. To be so naive to think that military mission is mutually exclusive to political needs is laughable. If we let the "generals" decide their own needs we would be in deep shite. The beauty of our system is that civilians decide what, where and why military bases exist. Moreover, civilians decide the mission of the military. Otherwise we would be nothing more than a banana republic. Get a grip and read the constitution!

Location hidden

#48 Jun 26, 2013
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the politicans locate bases based on the needs of the town or the mission?

Now where on this planet do we see the great job of military generals running the show?

And did you not say on another thread that you did serve in the military?
Brietbart

Cloudcroft, NM

#50 Jun 26, 2013
so you were in the Army? that is what you are saying.

Btw AF does not have polyester uniforms. just an excuse to dodge I guess.

you are about as likely a soldier as Greg F.
Michael Morris

Carrizozo, NM

#51 Jun 27, 2013
Brietbart wrote:
so you were in the Army? that is what you are saying.
Btw AF does not have polyester uniforms. just an excuse to dodge I guess.
you are about as likely a soldier as Greg F.
Asked and answered.

Now for the uniform. Now it turns out that the lameness of the uniform actually accelerated after the polyester warning in the 80's. This is from a 1993 article

"How do the new threads differ from the old? First, fewer of the threads are polyester. The new dress uniform is a serge weave, 45 percent wool; the old was 100 percent polyester.

The new uniform drops name tags, four patch pockets, two epaulets, metal shoulder rank devices - even the U.S. insignia."

Check this out

General McPeak says
If the uniform makes Air Force pilots look more like Delta pilots, well, McPeak thinks that's "a net plus," since his goal was a uniform that reflected membership in the "aerospace profession."

In his opinion, looking like a civilian pilot is better than looking like "a blue version of the Army uniform."

I had no idea the USAF was so ashamed they removed the country from the uniform. http://usafeenlistedheritage.org/history/unif...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capitan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to pay your BO fine 5 min Ralph 3
North Korea 6 min Ralph 8
Without Democrat Support 9 min Ralph 27
Dare to Call It 11 min Ralph 27
Sewer water used for soccer fields in alamo? 6 hr Ralph 46
Exhausted Trump Actors 6 hr Ralph 6
Chump Joke of the Day 11 hr Ralph 333

Capitan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance