Coyote killing ban defeated in House

Feb 26, 2013 Full story: Deming Headlight 219

The state House of Representatives on Tuesday defeated a bill to ban the events, such as one last fall in which a gun shop owner collected $50 entry fees and then gave prizes to the team that killed the most coyotes.

Read more
name

Santa Fe, NM

#103 Mar 11, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>What their policy is and what the Game Wardens will tell you in person may just be two different things. If you feel all warm and fuzzy inside by calling it "targeted predator control" so be it. I kill every coyote I come across. I shot one in Ellis Canyon watering at an earth tank yesterday..
names, liar.

"Warm and fuzzy" is not the point. Pretending you don't know the actual policy and stating that the local authorities endorse your simpleminded slaughter is a lie. Since you are making a buck off your lie and appear to be dimwitted, there is probably no point in trying to get you to change, but others should know that you are dead wrong about policy, coyote behavior, the long-term effectiveness of your actions and ecological impacts.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#104 Mar 11, 2013
name wrote:
<quoted text>
names, liar.
"Warm and fuzzy" is not the point. Pretending you don't know the actual policy and stating that the local authorities endorse your simpleminded slaughter is a lie. Since you are making a buck off your lie and appear to be dimwitted, there is probably no point in trying to get you to change, but others should know that you are dead wrong about policy, coyote behavior, the long-term effectiveness of your actions and ecological impacts.
Why don't you call the Roswell District which is the district in which I run cattle and ask them. I never pretended I know their policy, I never stated their policy, I never stated I enforce, agree or disagree with their policy. Are you so stupid you can't read also? I will state this again. I shoot every coyote I see in the Lincoln National Forest. I have been advised by Game Wardens to shoot every coyote I see because they are wiping out big game species. I advise everybody I encounter in person or on open forums about the coyote devestating their deer and elk herds and I encourage all of them to shoot the coyote on sight. These are simple facts I state. I don't care what you or anybody else like you think. You are not a hunter or rancher and you run your thought process on pure emotion because you think coyotes are cute!
quit

Santa Fe, NM

#105 Mar 11, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>
your thought process on pure emotion because you think coyotes are cute!
\

lying. My views are based on the science and public policy. You are trying to justify your own ignorance and side business by appeals to authority.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#106 Mar 11, 2013
quit wrote:
<quoted text>\
lying. My views are based on the science and public policy. You are trying to justify your own ignorance and side business by appeals to authority.
So your views are based on public policy? I really feel sorry for you. I can think on my own and am not easily led or persuaded by others. I guess whatever floats your boat. Over the past several years our coyote reduction plan has increased the number of deer, elk, turkey and other animals that were not as prevelant as they are now. We are obviously doing something right..
I feel

Santa Fe, NM

#107 Mar 11, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>So your views are based on public policy? I really feel sorry for you. I can think on my own and am not easily led or persuaded by others. I guess whatever floats your boat. Over the past several years our coyote reduction plan has increased the number of deer, elk, turkey and other animals that were not as prevelant as they are now. We are obviously doing something right..
sorry for you because you are short-sighted and have the arrogance to ignore the science and the long-term effects of your actions. Another little man playing god.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#108 Mar 11, 2013
I feel wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry for you because you are short-sighted and have the arrogance to ignore the science and the long-term effects of your actions. Another little man playing god.
You haven't stated one fact just your opinion. For years during my daily ranching all we saw were coyotes, packs of coyotes ranging from six to eight dogs running together daily. Very seldom did we see a deer or elk, never a baby fawn or calf. We started shooting coyotes, we started shooting a lot of coyotes and now we see deer, elk, and lots of other wildlife daily. During the spring we see fawns and calfs because we manage the land. If we left life up to idiots like you there wouldn't be any life left. I don't have the luxury of sitting on my ass and knowing everything about nature from a climate controlled room like you do. I have to live nature out in it daily..
lyn52

Edgewood, NM

#109 Mar 11, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>I think I will kill 3 coyotes today in honor of this bill being defeated..
Your a heartless human and I hope a pack of coyotes get you
See post

Santa Fe, NM

#112 Mar 12, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't stated one fact just your opinion.
.
24.

You are the one trying to justify your personal opinion and uninformed practices. The science is not with you, the long-term effects of killing every predator are not good, and there is no educated game warden or range manager who would endorse your actions. You might want to deflect by talking about couches and air conditioning, but your preaching about random killing is harmful and short-sighted.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#113 Mar 12, 2013
See post wrote:
<quoted text>
24.
You are the one trying to justify your personal opinion and uninformed practices. The science is not with you, the long-term effects of killing every predator are not good, and there is no educated game warden or range manager who would endorse your actions. You might want to deflect by talking about couches and air conditioning, but your preaching about random killing is harmful and short-sighted.
Define "long-term effects"? What are you talking about? I don't guess like you do. I enacted a plan that works. As I previously stated we use to see very little to no deer and elk and turkey but dozens of coyotes daily. The Game Warden is the one who told us we had a coyote problem and we should start thining them out. We did what he said and now we see deer, elk, turkey and coyotes just not as many coyotes. I will continue to take the experts advice on this seeing how it works and not worry about how some do-gooder wants to ruin nature.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#114 Mar 12, 2013
See post wrote:
<quoted text>
24.
You are the one trying to justify your personal opinion and uninformed practices. The science is not with you, the long-term effects of killing every predator are not good, and there is no educated game warden or range manager who would endorse your actions. You might want to deflect by talking about couches and air conditioning, but your preaching about random killing is harmful and short-sighted.
What do you have against baby deer and baby elk? Why do you want these poor creatures wiped out?
I see

Pasadena, CA

#115 Mar 12, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>
the advice to "shoot every one you see" has now become "thining (sic)them out"

LOL
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#116 Mar 12, 2013
I see wrote:
<quoted text>
the advice to "shoot every one you see" has now become "thining (sic)them out"
LOL
You can call it harvesting, thining, eradicating, controlling or even petting. You can call it whatever you want. I KILL coyotes. I like to KILL the pregnant ones in the spring so they can not produce more dogs but I KILL whatever runs in front of me..
Amazing

Conroe, TX

#117 Mar 12, 2013
While people are here arguing about the best way to kill, or not kill coyotes you are all paying to have as many as possible killed anyway!
Otero County currently has two full time, tax funded, employees who's job it is to kill every coyote and feral hog they see. They use traps, guns, and poison.
Commissioner Tommie Herrell pointed out last month at a commission meeting that the average cost is OVER $430.00 PER ANIMAL!
Your tax dollars at work people.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#118 Mar 12, 2013
Amazing wrote:
While people are here arguing about the best way to kill, or not kill coyotes you are all paying to have as many as possible killed anyway!
Otero County currently has two full time, tax funded, employees who's job it is to kill every coyote and feral hog they see. They use traps, guns, and poison.
Commissioner Tommie Herrell pointed out last month at a commission meeting that the average cost is OVER $430.00 PER ANIMAL!
Your tax dollars at work people.
Thank you tax payers! Remember I will do this fun job for free, just ask..
Yeah

Santa Fe, NM

#119 Mar 12, 2013
Amazing wrote:
While people are here arguing about the best way to kill, or not kill coyotes you are all paying to have as many as possible killed anyway!
Otero County currently has two full time, tax funded, employees who's job it is to kill every coyote and feral hog they see. They use traps, guns, and poison.
Commissioner Tommie Herrell pointed out last month at a commission meeting that the average cost is OVER $430.00 PER ANIMAL!
Your tax dollars at work people.
Otero County doesn't think they are part of the US.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#120 Mar 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Otero County doesn't think they are part of the US.
Why do you hate elk and deer?
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#121 Mar 17, 2013
We took 6 coyotes yesterday in the Lincoln. I urge all of you to take one out every chance you get. There are too many of them.
another

Santa Fe, NM

#122 Mar 17, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
blood lusting ignoramus.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#123 Mar 17, 2013
another wrote:
<quoted text>
blood lusting ignoramus.
Do you hate baby deer and elk?
Again

Santa Fe, NM

#124 Mar 17, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>Do you hate baby deer and elk?
proving your ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capitan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tea Party news 4 min Mr T 76
Mr T Numerous Postings 6 min No sex 46
who is the moronic couple? 6 min Mr T 5
Amtrack Southwest Chief from ABQ to LA 7 min Mr T 5
ted cruse comes out today while forcing entire ... 9 min Mr T 33
What cold/virus is going around? 10 min Mr T 16
Alamo babysitter left bruises on 2 yr old? 12 min Mr T 13

Fire Weather Watch for Lincoln County was issued at March 30 at 3:32PM MDT

Capitan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Capitan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]