Cape May's Candlelight House Tours Begin
Every year since 1974, Christmas Candlelight House Tours sponsored by the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities have drawn thousands of visitors and local residents to Cape May to celebrate the holiday season.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape May County Herald.
#1 Dec 22, 2011
We participated in the Candlelight House Tour the weekend of Dec. 17. It was quite enjoyable with the exception of the following comments which are offered with the intent of providing more comfort and enjoyment for future Cape May guests:
- We purchased, as required, wrist bands for the tour. With the exception of only two homes, no questions were asked as we walked through the front doors of all of the others. Frankly, anyone could have stood in line and joined the tour.
- With the exception of only ONE home, InnKeepers were pleased to permit photos of their Inns. One InnKeeper objected and literally ran over to me as I photographed their lovely tree; you would think that I was at the MINT in D.C.! Give me a break! Picture taking at Christmas on tour is no different than guests taking photos while on vacation at the Inn!!
- Shuttle trolleys permitted standing room only! This was very uncomfortable for most, and unsafe!
The rule should be: No standing. The gentleman using the mike had a large cup for TIPS which I found quite tacky and distasteful. Tips for what?? The driver could have very well announced the stops himself!
- We encountered two homes that were running retail "sales" out the back door; quite commercial and out of place at Christmas, needless to say, tacky and in poor taste!
- Interestingly, the Evelyn Physic Estate seemed to have the very least of festive decorations.
Hopefully, these comments will serve to be taken into consideration for next year.
Add your comments below
|Looking to rent!||Jun '16||Christine||1|
|Sweet Briar Motel Owner Nabbed for Drugs, Prost... (Feb '08)||Apr '16||Anthony Scarpuzzi||11|
|Debate: Gay Marriage - Cape May, NJ (Jan '12)||Apr '16||Anthony Scarpuzzi||6|
|Do Officials Support Completing Route 55?||Apr '16||Jax||1|
|At Shore, gay group knits itself into the commu...||Mar '16||Billmore and ripoff||2|
|Retail Customer Service Evaluators Needed||Mar '16||rricci||1|
|Winter storm warning issued for large area of N.J. (Feb '16)||Feb '16||GENA MCMILLAN||2|
Find what you want!
Search Cape May Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC