N.J. discussing smoking ban at beache...

N.J. discussing smoking ban at beaches and parks

There are 83 comments on the Courier-Post story from Feb 20, 2014, titled N.J. discussing smoking ban at beaches and parks. In it, Courier-Post reports that:

Denise Henhoeffer/COURIER-POST August 29, 2012. New Jersey lawmakers are considering a bill that would ban smoking at all public beaches and parks in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Courier-Post.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#49 Apr 24, 2014
oceanwitty wrote:
<quoted text>
I live here. Why is your location hidden? I don't understand why people who don't live here are commenting at all but this is an open forum and all are welcome. I hope those of you that are vehemently against smoking don't plan on going to CO, WA, OR or CA any time soon. Somehow they must of figured out how to keep the air safe and clean of all the pollution from the Marijuana smoke.
I hide my location because I don't trust smokers. They have proven from the outset that they are stupid and will do anything to maintain their addiction.
Josh

Pleasantville, NJ

#50 Apr 25, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he bends over and spreads them hoping a lonely smoker will come along.
In the words of Forrest Gump,'STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES". What an ignorant, low thing to say to someone you do not even know! All because I maintain a different point of view. Yes, folks, the thought police are loose! Disagree with loons like this one and watch out! Gotta be a real PC idiot to think like this gem. Any reason why this country is in the shape it's in? Thank God I am the age I am. I will not be around when this ilk run the show, just like Obama and his crowd. Run the country into the ground and be happy about it. Sad, really sad!
Josh

Pleasantville, NJ

#51 Apr 25, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
I hide my location because I don't trust smokers. They have proven from the outset that they are stupid and will do anything to maintain their addiction.
You got REAL ISSUES, buddy!

Location hidden

#52 Apr 25, 2014
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
In the words of Forrest Gump,'STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES". What an ignorant, low thing to say to someone you do not even know! All because I maintain a different point of view. Yes, folks, the thought police are loose! Disagree with loons like this one and watch out! Gotta be a real PC idiot to think like this gem. Any reason why this country is in the shape it's in? Thank God I am the age I am. I will not be around when this ilk run the show, just like Obama and his crowd. Run the country into the ground and be happy about it. Sad, really sad!
Made me laugh. You complain about what I say and then you go and dis Obama. I'm glad you are the age you are, too. And I did not say that to you. I said it to the poster from Winnipeg, whom I do know. It was about you, sure, but it was to someone I know. He even held my coat for me once during a fight. So, I hope what I said to him did not offend him. If so, I am sorry, Winnipeg.

Location hidden

#53 Apr 25, 2014
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not been around for too long. More than one smoker has physically threatened non smokers. Numerous non smokers. So, I believe in being careful.

Location hidden

#54 Apr 25, 2014
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
In the words of Forrest Gump,'STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES".!
Basically, that describes a smoker to a T.
For some strange reason you seem to think this is a live and let live issue. IT IS NOT. People get sick because of second hand smoke. People with asthma or allergies. They cannot breathe, Places that allow smoking are NOT OPEN TO THEM. They are restricted because of some numbnuts with an allergy. People who used to smoke who have COPD are also in the same boat. They cannot go out. Before the smoking bans, in many parts of the country there was no place a non smoker could go and not be exposed to smoke. Originally, most workplaces allowed smoking. Airplanes allowed smoking. All sorts of places allowed smoking. Then the addicted smokers came up with a "solution". Have a non smoking area and put up an invisible wall to keep second hand smoke on the smoking side of the room. Worked about as well as a no peeing section in a pool. There are numerous studies-way to many to ignore- that show that SHS is bad for one's health. We have worked long and hard to make sure that new bans get enacted, tobacco taxes are raised and that smoking is no longer seen as a normal activity. You are a relative newcomer here to the topix pages, but I can tell you from experience that the smokers have been rude and condescending from day one. I and others are forceful because we need to be. You need to see that smoking in public is an assault on our freedom. Anyone who espouses continuing to allow smoking despite all of the evidence that it is bad does not deserve respect. If you want to come here and state your opinion, fine- go ahead and do so, but do it without a thin skin. If you keep on coming here and posting, people will say mean things to you and about you.
A HOLE IN YOUR THROAT

Winnipeg, Canada

#55 Apr 26, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he bends over and spreads them hoping a lonely smoker will come along.
I'm not offended. I keep my butt low so as to avoid having it used as an ass tray.
A HOLE IN YOUR THROAT

Winnipeg, Canada

#56 Apr 26, 2014
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah smokin baboons think they own the world. Their thinking is so twisted and damaged from constant poisoning they can't understand. Thats the REAL ISSUE
Josh

Pleasantville, NJ

#57 Apr 26, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not been around for too long. More than one smoker has physically threatened non smokers. Numerous non smokers. So, I believe in being careful.
Nice diatribe! But meaningless. Mean things said to/about me from the likes of louts like you, roll off my back! I consider the source! I am NOT a newbie to this site, either. Been posting for a long time. I am not for, or against people who smoke. That is their choice, like it, or not, for what ever reason. They pay the price for smoking with money to buy their weeds with, they get the cancer from it. I am just sick and tired of at every turn in life, the closet Hitler's come out of the wood work, bang their drums, march in front of public buildings, etc., just to get everyone to think the way they do. The filth you have heaped on me in previous posts, are outrageous! Along with the minions on this site! No reason for it. I can state my point of view and be a gentleman about it. I cannot say the same about you. This wraps up my back and forth with you. Hope your family enjoys living in the same household with the likes of you!

Location hidden

#58 Apr 26, 2014
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice diatribe! But meaningless. Mean things said to/about me from the likes of louts like you, roll off my back!
Actually, sounds to me like it REALLY bothers you. Otherwise you would not say anything about it or call me names.

Location hidden

#59 Apr 26, 2014
A HOLE IN YOUR THROAT wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not offended. I keep my butt low so as to avoid having it used as an ass tray.
Good. After Josh spoke up, I figured I would check. He sure seems bothered, though. Maybe someone has pictures?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#60 Apr 27, 2014
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice diatribe! But meaningless. Mean things said to/about me from the likes of louts like you, roll off my back! I consider the source! I am NOT a newbie to this site, either. Been posting for a long time. I am not for, or against people who smoke. That is their choice, like it, or not, for what ever reason. They pay the price for smoking with money to buy their weeds with, they get the cancer from it. I am just sick and tired of at every turn in life, the closet Hitler's come out of the wood work, bang their drums, march in front of public buildings, etc., just to get everyone to think the way they do. The filth you have heaped on me in previous posts, are outrageous! Along with the minions on this site! No reason for it. I can state my point of view and be a gentleman about it. I cannot say the same about you. This wraps up my back and forth with you. Hope your family enjoys living in the same household with the likes of you!
Who is this guy bothering you? I think his problem is his education that he got in college. Liberal arts, probably, which is known for creating liberals. We should defund all liberal arts programs. Why can't they have a conservative arts program in college. Conservatives are the ones paying taxes, so they should have a say in what happens with their tax monies. If he used the college computers to spew his liberal arts liberalism at you he should be banned from using them. Maybe he should stick to regular mail since he wants us all to pay more for the lazy postal workers who want more money for less work and throw away all of the good mail.
GOOD

Winnipeg, Canada

#61 Apr 27, 2014
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
A gentleman who calls others closet Hitlers. The world has always worked this way and always will. Its the price you pay for living in an orderly society. Might is right, and non-smokers are the majority. Live with it because you can't change it. Its an evolution who's time has come and it exemplifies the ability to change as we move forward. Those who want to remain behind dragging their knuckles and living in caves will go the way of the dodo bird and Neanderthals. And stop attacking those who think this way and not yours.
Josh

Pleasantville, NJ

#62 Apr 27, 2014
GOOD wrote:
<quoted text> A gentleman who calls others closet Hitlers. The world has always worked this way and always will. Its the price you pay for living in an orderly society. Might is right, and non-smokers are the majority. Live with it because you can't change it. Its an evolution who's time has come and it exemplifies the ability to change as we move forward. Those who want to remain behind dragging their knuckles and living in caves will go the way of the dodo bird and Neanderthals. And stop attacking those who think this way and not yours.
Look, I have every right to not only express my opinion if you agree with it ,or not. Second, I do not attack anyone, just defend myself when they get on a public forum and climb all over me, just because I don't click along with their agenda. Ever hear of lead, follow, or get out of the way.? It's the PC crowd, like you, who are the attackers, I just state my point of view. FYI, did you know that 11, 000 people have moved OUT of Ocean City? Why do you think that is? I'll tell you in a nut, they don't need a ban of PC nut jobs telling them what to do, especially when it comes to going on the beaches they pay for to maintain with their high taxes. Go to any entrance to their beach and what do you see? A little billboard with a laundry list of NO's, no matter what the hell it is! Town reminds me of Ocean Grove. They throw up a chain across the roads so you cannot drive on a Sunday. Really? Bring back Joe Stalin and he'll show em' how to keep the masses in line!
Josh

Pleasantville, NJ

#63 Apr 27, 2014
BillDuckman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this guy bothering you? I think his problem is his education that he got in college. Liberal arts, probably, which is known for creating liberals. We should defund all liberal arts programs. Why can't they have a conservative arts program in college. Conservatives are the ones paying taxes, so they should have a say in what happens with their tax monies. If he used the college computers to spew his liberal arts liberalism at you he should be banned from using them. Maybe he should stick to regular mail since he wants us all to pay more for the lazy postal workers who want more money for less work and throw away all of the good mail.
Haven't a clue who he is, or what his problem is. Reminds me of a three year old who if they don't get their own way, has a temper tantrum. I thought that this was an adult forum, guess I was wrong! Thank you for your support, though, you constitute the only person who has realized what these hostile posters are all about. Say something they disagree with and then you better duck and cover! This is typical of the hostile mentality in this country that is only getting worse with every passing day. I can't help but notice that ever since Obama came into office, all hell has broken loose with the left wing loons who, no matter what the hell you say, will viciously attack and defame you with all sorts of scurrilous vitriol, instead of sticking to the point. Shoot the messenger and screw the message! Have a nice day!

Location hidden

#64 Apr 27, 2014
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't a clue who he is, or what his problem is. Reminds me of a three year old who if they don't get their own way, has a temper tantrum. I thought that this was an adult forum, guess I was wrong! Thank you for your support, though, you constitute the only person who has realized what these hostile posters are all about. Say something they disagree with and then you better duck and cover! This is typical of the hostile mentality in this country that is only getting worse with every passing day. I can't help but notice that ever since Obama came into office, all hell has broken loose with the left wing loons who, no matter what the hell you say, will viciously attack and defame you with all sorts of scurrilous vitriol, instead of sticking to the point. Shoot the messenger and screw the message! Have a nice day!
Its obvious. He got a liberal arts degree paid for by cigarette taxes. They need to eliminate all liberal arts programs in colleges and put in conservative arts. There are too many liberals coming out of college. They start training liberals in high school making them take math so they can do their magic statistics. Then they have to take four years of English so they can learn to write about how bad smoking is. They have to take health classes where they do not learn anything about abstinence and they freely give out condoms to kids as young as 10. What is a 10 year old going to do with condoms? When I went to school I was not liberal enough so they were going to make me tale the 9th grade over again. I told them "Hell no, you are not going to brain wash me!" and never came back. In school you have to ake this algebra stuff. Why do they need to make up numbers? What is x anyways? Who cares???

Location hidden

#65 Apr 27, 2014
GOOD wrote:
<quoted text> A gentleman who calls others closet Hitlers. The world has always worked this way and always will. Its the price you pay for living in an orderly society. Might is right, and non-smokers are the majority. Live with it because you can't change it. Its an evolution who's time has come and it exemplifies the ability to change as we move forward. Those who want to remain behind dragging their knuckles and living in caves will go the way of the dodo bird and Neanderthals. And stop attacking those who think this way and not yours.
Josh was right. You antis are just like Hitler. Did you know that Hitler did not let the jews smoke in the concentration camps? That's right. These poor jews living in some of the most horrific conditions with no food and knowing they were going to die did not get to smoke. Come on. What was the problem? They were going to die anyways, so why not let them have a smoke. It would have made life easier if they could have had a smoke in the "showers". They would have been calmer and screamed less. You must have a liberal arts degree. I can tell that with you being a definite liberal and all. I'll bet you even came here to the United States where Obama was not born and voted to put a tobacco money stealing Kenyan in office.
GOOD

Winnipeg, Canada

#66 Apr 27, 2014
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I have every right to not only express my opinion if you agree with it ,or not. Second, I do not attack anyone, just defend myself when they get on a public forum and climb all over me, just because I don't click along with their agenda. Ever hear of lead, follow, or get out of the way.? It's the PC crowd, like you, who are the attackers, I just state my point of view. FYI, did you know that 11, 000 people have moved OUT of Ocean City? Why do you think that is? I'll tell you in a nut, they don't need a ban of PC nut jobs telling them what to do, especially when it comes to going on the beaches they pay for to maintain with their high taxes. Go to any entrance to their beach and what do you see? A little billboard with a laundry list of NO's, no matter what the hell it is! Town reminds me of Ocean Grove. They throw up a chain across the roads so you cannot drive on a Sunday. Really? Bring back Joe Stalin and he'll show em' how to keep the masses in line!
Now we're Stalinist's? You need to unknot your panties.
GOOD

Winnipeg, Canada

#67 Apr 27, 2014
BillDickHead wrote:
<quoted text>
Josh was right. You antis are just like Hitler. Did you know that Hitler did not let the jews smoke in the concentration camps? That's right. These poor jews living in some of the most horrific conditions with no food and knowing they were going to die did not get to smoke. Come on. What was the problem? They were going to die anyways, so why not let them have a smoke. It would have made life easier if they could have had a smoke in the "showers". They would have been calmer and screamed less. You must have a liberal arts degree. I can tell that with you being a definite liberal and all. I'll bet you even came here to the United States where Obama was not born and voted to put a tobacco money stealing Kenyan in office.
You too, unknot your panties.
oceanwitty

Ocean City, NJ

#68 Apr 27, 2014
Personally, I love smoking. Until they make them illegal, I'll smoke!! AND, guess what? Life is too short to worry about what other people think....let alone what they smell.

I live in beautiful Ocean City, NJ.....which is downwind to a power plant that spews toxic chemicals into the air. I can't do anything about that either. A pipeline has been proposed but that will be too threatening to the forest or some other crap like that. Waaa, waaa, waaa

Live your life how you see fit. Last time I check, there's only a choice of heaven or hell.....not smoking or non-smoking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape May Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alcohol available on Wildwood, NJ boardwalk; fi... (Aug '10) Mar '17 Boardwalk-bartender 8
News Cape May beaches: Gorgeous, welcoming and poten... Mar '17 Jax 1
Looking for a photographer for wedding Feb '17 Cassyanderson24 1
Mayor Dave Mayer makes History for raising High... Jan '17 Recall Mayor Davi... 1
Back in the old days. Jan '17 Blast from the past 2
trashy (Sep '06) Dec '16 oldschooljerseyboy 3
Old North Cape May Dec '16 Wayne 1

Cape May Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape May Mortgages