Bird-watching and architecture, not a...

Bird-watching and architecture, not a TV show, define pleasures of the Jersey shore at Cape May |...

There are 4 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 29, 2011, titled Bird-watching and architecture, not a TV show, define pleasures of the Jersey shore at Cape May |.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Abbey, one of many Gothic homes in Cape May, is now an inn. Cape May is one of the top bird-watching sites in the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

former easterner

Columbus, OH

#1 May 29, 2011
Cape May is the jewel of the jersey beaches. Birding is fantastic! So are the bed and breakfasts and restaurants. The whole environment is for the person who enjoys the finer things of life or just a quiet relaxing place that is full of nature. I used to vacation there as a kid and still visit from time to time. There are some snobs to deal with...and I heard a while back Cape May court was going to allow feral cats to be shot...but luckily they listened to reason.
Jeannie

Erie, PA

#2 May 29, 2011
Being a Jersey Girl, this article is very accurate. Also I love the intimate summer theater and for children the Cape May Zoo is rather nice.Not anything like the Columbus Zoo of course.
Ralph Mouth

Sonoma, CA

#3 May 29, 2011
All I want to see is the house the "Jersey Shore" cast stayed in during the show.
Mark Allen

Cape May Court House, NJ

#4 May 31, 2011
Nice article, but Steve, you missed the very essense of Cape May. What you missed is what makes us truly unique; it's a huge patch of water called Cape May Harbor. Man made exactly 100 years ago, the harbor is the home to the second largest commercial fleet (in terms of tonnage) on the east coast, and the site of the best equipped recreational fishing fleet in the world. In reality, Cape May is more "Deadliest Catch than "Bay Watch." Want to learn more? Revisit Cape May in June for our annual Harbor Fest, June 17th - 18th, and be prepared to be awed by Cape May's largest one day event - in terms of attendance. I challenge you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape May Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dad Stuck on Rising Drawbridge Says he was Forc... 11 hr Say What Now 2
Shuffleboard Courts (Jan '14) Jul 22 Ang 5
Looking for a photographer for wedding (Feb '17) Jul '17 MPE 2
News Alcohol available on Wildwood, NJ boardwalk; fi... (Aug '10) Jun '17 bevently 9
wildwood nj vacation dont want bad weather Jun '17 eagleslover41 1
cattle n clover Jun '17 vanchi 1
News Police Charge Wildwood Woman with Strong-arm Ro... Jun '17 Matahari 1

Cape May Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape May Mortgages