In Obama era, have race relations improved?

Jul 29, 2012 Full story: Boston.com 581

Ashley Ray, a white woman, hears more people debating racial issues. "I know a lot of people who really thought we were OK as a nation, a culture, and now they understand that we're not," she says.

Full Story
First Prev
of 30
Next Last
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#1 Jul 29, 2012
Race is a devisive and repugnant issue in this forum, for sure.

Since: Dec 07

Flint, TX

#2 Jul 29, 2012
Nobama supporters such as Marine "Corp" Patty are the biggest racists on these forums.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#3 Jul 29, 2012
All you have to do is listen to the Democratic Caucus in congress,Al Sharpton,Jessi Jackson,Re.Wright,and many other Black Racists now in government...Ironic is it not,It was White People who put the first Black President in the WH.??..Yet Obama continually plays the RACE CARD,and CLASS division warfare..This. to keep his Job...With all his FUMBLING ,INCOMPETENCE,OUT OF TOUCH.the POLS show all in all Americans like this guy...So who are the real racists???Why The Black activists,Black Panthers FAR LEFT WHITE LOONS,and Crazy Dem Black LOONS in Government!!...

its all BS...LOONS PITTING BLACK again-est the WHITES!
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

#4 Jul 29, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
Nobama supporters such as Marine "Corp" Patty are the biggest racists on these forums.
Raaaaaaacists!

Danís post on Jonathan Chaitís entry into the ďif itís bad for Obama, itís racistĒ games is a keeper. What I love about this stuff is that liberals tend to insist how racism is not only repugnant to them, but alien to them. And yet, they continually demonstrate a sensitivity and acuity for spotting it that even real racists seem to lack....

I donít think liberals appreciate how much conservatives laugh at this stuff. Weíre constantly being told weíre racists and that conservatism is full of racist codes and dog whistles aimed at conservatives. And yet the only people who consistently decipher these codes or hear these dog whistles are liberals themselves. Most of the time itís a form of projection of course. Liberals see themselves as sinless and heroic on matters racial, so their opposite numbers in politics must be sinful and villainous on matters of race. Itís a form of lazy categorical thinking that completely fails to take account of reality in order to sustain a self-serving narrative.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/312514/r...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 Jul 29, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Raaaaaaacists!
Danís post on Jonathan Chaitís entry into the ďif itís bad for Obama, itís racistĒ games is a keeper. What I love about this stuff is that liberals tend to insist how racism is not only repugnant to them, but alien to them. And yet, they continually demonstrate a sensitivity and acuity for spotting it that even real racists seem to lack....
I donít think liberals appreciate how much conservatives laugh at this stuff. Weíre constantly being told weíre racists and that conservatism is full of racist codes and dog whistles aimed at conservatives. And yet the only people who consistently decipher these codes or hear these dog whistles are liberals themselves. Most of the time itís a form of projection of course. Liberals see themselves as sinless and heroic on matters racial, so their opposite numbers in politics must be sinful and villainous on matters of race. Itís a form of lazy categorical thinking that completely fails to take account of reality in order to sustain a self-serving narrative.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/312514/r...
Or.....

A large majority of conservatives/ Republicans just tend to be more racist but despise being labeled as such understandably since being racist or bigoted is frowned upon in a civilized society for being an ignorant and ugly ideal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jul 29, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Or.....
A large majority of conservatives/ Republicans just tend to be more racist but despise being labeled as such understandably since being racist or bigoted is frowned upon in a civilized society for being an ignorant and ugly ideal.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Interesting study. I noted that they *only* studied whites and that the results, such as they are, have not yet withstood peer review - but hey, what's a little preliminary release of pre-vetted results between political foes if not good, clean, election-year fun?

I'd be interested to see an analysis of the methodology of measurement, the means by which the conclusions were reached. Most importantly, a study of other races vis a vis white people - that would be telling!

Since: Dec 07

Flint, TX

#7 Jul 29, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Or.....
A large majority of conservatives/ Republicans just tend to be more racist but despise being labeled as such understandably since being racist or bigoted is frowned upon in a civilized society for being an ignorant and ugly ideal.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Democrat Party, headed up and implemented one of the most horrible racist policies of the 20th Century -- the Japanese Internment Camps during World War II

Senator Robert Byrd, D-WV: Byrd is a former member of the Ku Klux Klan

Lee P. Brown: Brown, Bill Clinton's former drug czar and Democrat mayor of Houston, engaged in racist campaigning designed to suppress Hispanic voter turnout during his 2001 reelection bid

Mary Francis Democrat Chair of US Civil Rights Commission. Berry is an open racist who is affiliated with the far-left Pacifica radio network, a group with ties to black nationalist causes. Berry once stated "Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them," indicating that she believes the USCCR should only look out for civil rights violations against persons of certain select skin colors.

Al Gore Senior--voted against the Civil Rights Act. Civil Rights Act was approved by republicans in Congress.

George W. Buch Presidency--first black Secretary of State, and the Second Black Secretary of State.

The dems now keep making promises to blacks and Hispanics they can't keep and won't keep. EPA (dem liberals) blocking water to Hispanic farmers west of Fresno to save a minnow!

To quote Jay Leno------shaddup!
ima

El Paso, TX

#9 Jul 29, 2012
things were not so bad, before Obama came into the picture.....now all hell has broken lose. Americans thought we would better the nation voting him into office and giving him a chance and the opportunity to serve BUT LOOK WHERE IT'S GOTTEN US??? He appears to be inciting and provoking unrest and bickering amongst the whites/blacks.....as unbelievable as it seems being that he is mulatto.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Jul 29, 2012
Obama era exposed the racism and its institutional effects on minorities who are discriminated against but are powerless to prevent it, but have to deal with it every day.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#12 Jul 29, 2012
That was a stupid question, Obama is the biggest race instigator. He's made racist remarks and made whites and Blacks hate each other more and instead of going forward and overcoming race relations in the past he encourages Blacks to hold grudges from hundred's of years ago.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Jul 29, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Or.....
A large majority of conservatives/ Republicans just tend to be more racist but despise being labeled as such understandably since being racist or bigoted is frowned upon in a civilized society for being an ignorant and ugly ideal.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
The Democrat's have been the party of RACISM for 180 years.

As a life long 7th generation Republican do you really think I see any difference in Geo.Wallace in 1962 playing the RACE CARD vs. Al Sharpton 2002 playing the RACE CARD.

Without the RACE CARD the Dem party would of collasped 160 years ago and it knows it and that is why it plays.

The latest RACE CARD play . If you criticize " You didn't build it " you are a RACIST.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14 Jul 29, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrat's have been the party of RACISM for 180 years.
As a life long 7th generation Republican do you really think I see any difference in Geo.Wallace in 1962 playing the RACE CARD vs. Al Sharpton 2002 playing the RACE CARD.
Without the RACE CARD the Dem party would of collasped 160 years ago and it knows it and that is why it plays.
The latest RACE CARD play . If you criticize " You didn't build it " you are a RACIST.
==========
Democrats were only racist when they were the conservative party.
obama INCOMPETENT

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jul 29, 2012
which obama daughter will chug a white man 1st?
Questionman

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Jul 29, 2012
It's about time everyone admits it. I knew race relations would be bad under Obama. I knew it, and everyone on the left and right knew it! But they must admit the right are the REAL reason race relations is crap! These REAL racists calls Obama a divider, when in fact the GOP has set forth on dividing America since Obama was inaugurated.

Evidently many racist feelings have been buried since the Civil Rights days and Obama's election has brought them to the surface. When Obama was elected, People of ALL races came together. It was beautiful and awesome.

But then it started, and the racists blamed Obama for EVERYTHING. President Obama is only a "divider" because of the lies they posted. The conservatives would rather spend their time making up lies about the President than fixing the problems they created. What's so uniting about "I hope he fails"? Remeber that?

They know Obama is not a Muslim, socialist, communist, Marxist, radical. They just don't care.

I prefer to think that this president, like every other president, is wekll aware of the constitution that he swore to uphold and is not a traitor, despite the claims and concerns of many on this forum. They make medication for paranoia. To call a sitting president a traitor is scummy!

President Obama is NOT gay. He just wants to strengthen his voting base by endorsing new trends. Hope, Change, FOWARD!

The party that creates and spews racist lies about the President Birth certificate, his idealogy, his religion, his personal life, his loyalty, etc. No other President had ANY of those this questioned, but then again, none of those Presidents were black!

What idiot would think he was muslim? I forgot bigots!

But if you are referring to rant that Obama is destroying America, that's what the McCain people were saying would happen if they lost. So, where is all the destruction? I can't seem to find it.

From where I sit, the country is pretty much the same as it has been for decades. Even Bush wasn't able to destroy the country, although his policies did a number on the economy.

You HATE President Obama and you say he HATES America and youíre really PISSED about this whole healthcare thing!

The legion of websites, bloggers, talk show jocks, and the occasional GOP official that has teed off on President Obama and at times Michelle Obama with assorted borderline racist digs, taunts, and depictions have been relentless. The offensive remarks quickly evoke a storm of outrage, and the offender gets rebuked. This happens because they are public figures, and their comments are publicly aired. They fly high on the public's radar scope.

Sorry for the long-winded speech. but here are the facts:

You claim that Obama has routinely used the race card, yet the examples given don't really seem to go along with your argument. Other conservative posters make a habit of saying that Obama has set back race relations in this country by decades.

Where? When? I honestly don't see these incidents that some people, predominantly white Republicans, continue to bring up on a regular basis.

Obama doesn't hate America, you hate having a Black Man as President of the United States of America!
true colors

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Jul 29, 2012
no administration has done more to divide the races and stir up class war rhetoric than this administration. I think they are fomenting civil war in order to delay/cancel the election to keep their puppet in the white house. bams needs to wake up, he has a bunch of old white men like soros (remember dems hate the old white men) soros calls the shots and pulls the strings in this administration. So improved ?, no worsened hundreds times more.
obama INCOMPETENT

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jul 29, 2012
Questionman wrote:
It's about time everyone admits it. I knew race relations would be bad under Obama. I knew it, and everyone on the left and right knew it! But they must admit the right are the REAL reason race relations is crap! These REAL racists calls Obama a divider, when in fact the GOP has set forth on dividing America since Obama was inaugurated.
Evidently many racist feelings have been buried since the Civil Rights days and Obama's election has brought them to the surface. When Obama was elected, People of ALL races came together. It was beautiful and awesome.
But then it started, and the racists blamed Obama for EVERYTHING. President Obama is only a "divider" because of the lies they posted. The conservatives would rather spend their time making up lies about the President than fixing the problems they created. What's so uniting about "I hope he fails"? Remeber that?
They know Obama is not a Muslim, socialist, communist, Marxist, radical. They just don't care.
I prefer to think that this president, like every other president, is wekll aware of the constitution that he swore to uphold and is not a traitor, despite the claims and concerns of many on this forum. They make medication for paranoia. To call a sitting president a traitor is scummy!
President Obama is NOT gay. He just wants to strengthen his voting base by endorsing new trends. Hope, Change, FOWARD!
The party that creates and spews racist lies about the President Birth certificate, his idealogy, his religion, his personal life, his loyalty, etc. No other President had ANY of those this questioned, but then again, none of those Presidents were black!
What idiot would think he was muslim? I forgot bigots!
But if you are referring to rant that Obama is destroying America, that's what the McCain people were saying would happen if they lost. So, where is all the destruction? I can't seem to find it.
From where I sit, the country is pretty much the same as it has been for decades. Even Bush wasn't able to destroy the country, although his policies did a number on the economy.
You HATE President Obama and you say he HATES America and youíre really PISSED about this whole healthcare thing!
The legion of websites, bloggers, talk show jocks, and the occasional GOP official that has teed off on President Obama and at times Michelle Obama with assorted borderline racist digs, taunts, and depictions have been relentless. The offensive remarks quickly evoke a storm of outrage, and the offender gets rebuked. This happens because they are public figures, and their comments are publicly aired. They fly high on the public's radar scope.
Sorry for the long-winded speech. but here are the facts:
You claim that Obama has routinely used the race card, yet the examples given don't really seem to go along with your argument. Other conservative posters make a habit of saying that Obama has set back race relations in this country by decades.
Where? When? I honestly don't see these incidents that some people, predominantly white Republicans, continue to bring up on a regular basis.
Obama doesn't hate America, you hate having a Black Man as President of the United States of America!
5 points down in the polls...GO ROMNEY

Looks like the affirmative action black man president wasn't up to the job...obama is a POS loser and always will be

everything this black man touches turns to sh/t

Since: Dec 07

Flint, TX

#19 Jul 29, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Democrats were only racist when they were the conservative party.
Well hell,'ol John Kerry let's blacks work on his yacht!!
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Jul 29, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Democrats were only racist when they were the conservative party.
Yeah right !

Tell me Sharpton, Waters , Holder , Conyers,Clyborn , S.J. Lee and Ellison aren't racist.

Clyborn played the RACE CARD on Bill Clinton in '08 as well as J. McCain.

Any real world person knows neither Clinton nor McCain aren't racists.

Tell me that anyone who doesn't like " You didn't build it " is RACIST .

Same old RACE CARD players.

The only CBC Dem I've never heard play the RACE CARD is Charlie Rangle. His racial comments aren't disguised hate.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

#21 Jul 29, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Or.....
A large majority of conservatives/ Republicans just tend to be more racist but despise being labeled as such understandably since being racist or bigoted is frowned upon in a civilized society for being an ignorant and ugly ideal.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
"Weíre constantly being told weíre racists and that conservatism is full of racist codes and dog whistles aimed at conservatives. And yet the only people who consistently decipher these codes or hear these dog whistles are liberals themselves"

You just proved that assertion.

LOL

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#22 Jul 29, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Democrats were only racist when they were the conservative party.
They promote political correctness which is a form of "safe" racism/bigotry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape May Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Government Sun tomn0204 1
Springsteen, Bon Jovi nixed for New Jersey stat... Oct 17 Ronnie Pistons 6
overzelous ticket issuing cape may police Oct 16 JOHN A 1
Review: Joy Buffet (Aug '09) Oct 12 Fat boy 72 9
A Wildwood Wedding Oct 9 Elizagal 1
East coast cities can expect floods almost dail... Oct 8 Earthling-1 5
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Sep 25 Josh 43

Cape May News Video

Cape May Dating
Find my Match

Cape May Jobs

Cape May People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cape May News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cape May

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]