Cape May decides against smoke-free p...

Cape May decides against smoke-free public spaces

There are 2 comments on the Asbury Park Press Online story from Nov 14, 2011, titled Cape May decides against smoke-free public spaces. In it, Asbury Park Press Online reports that:

The city council in Cape May has rejected - for now, at least - a proposed ban smoking on all its beaches, public parks and its oceanfront walkway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asbury Park Press Online.

Kathy Smith

Haddonfield, NJ

#1 Nov 14, 2011
So short sighted. The smoking ban didn't hurt Ocean City. It did't hurt the bars and restaurants. It would not hurt Cape May. Catering to the Candadians! Cape May is a famiily resort What about the children. What about the people with health issues. We pay for the pleasure of stinky second hand smoke and dirty ciragrette butts. Unfortunately, Ocean City is too long of a drive from my house in Cape May. Otherwise, I would pay to use their beach. You need to rethink this vote, especially for the beach. Once you put your umbrella in and get all settled, you can't just move the whole family when a smoker settles next to you.
Kathy Smith

Haddonfield, NJ

#2 Nov 14, 2011
Did anyone bother to do their research? Canada has more stringent smoking bans that the US. No smoking on the beach would not keep Them from vacationing in Cape May

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape May Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wildwood officials seek distance from its old p... (Mar '15) Oct '15 mike elmer 8
News Child, woman drown off unguarded Wildwood, NJ b... (Jul '09) Sep '15 Capra amos 33
Review: American Landscaping & Pavers (May '15) Aug '15 Just wondering 2
Review: NEW GENERATION LL. Aug '15 Escalante911 1
News Adult Behind Bars for Heist at Jersey Shore Amu... Aug '15 unknown 1
A Wildwood Wedding (Oct '14) Jun '15 Jersey Girl 5
Imonparole (May '15) Jun '15 fresh2172 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape May Mortgages