Can someone recommend a good primary care doctor in Cape?

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 38 Comments Last updated Sep 12, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JustMe

Cape Girardeau, MO

#1 Apr 28, 2010
Can anyone please recommend a good primary care doctor in Cape? I'd prefer one that's easy to get in to see.

“Something profound”

Since: Feb 10

Cape Girardeau

#2 Apr 28, 2010
Southeast primary care? Or St. Francis? If you're talking about southeast, try Charity Sandvos. If not...just avoid Dr. Boardman.
info

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 Apr 28, 2010
I like Dr. Lastrapes. He listens and doesn't prescribe medicine unless it's really needed. He was on Broadway but I think he moved to Doctors Park. Good luck!
LPN

United States

#4 Apr 28, 2010
Dr. McNabb
ITS TRUE

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2010
Jack Kevorkian

United States

#6 Apr 28, 2010
Nothingrealm wrote:
Southeast primary care? Or St. Francis? If you're talking about southeast, try Charity Sandvos. If not...just avoid Dr. Boardman.
My mom just started seeing Boardman is he bad or just hard to see?

“Something profound”

Cape Girardeau

#7 Apr 28, 2010
He's cold, monotonous, and he doesn't pay attention. He prescribed (tried to anyway) my son medication that he's allergic to 3 different times. I saw him for joint pain. He did an RA test, an x-ray, found nothing (even though it was there) and sent me home with a pack of steroids and a prescription for ibuprofen. I went to Charity Sandvos instead...and she did EVERYTHING possible to find out what was causing the problem. Bloodwork, more x-rays, an MRI, and referrals to a rheumatologist and an orthopedist.
The guy is just incompetent and he gives off a vibe of not giving a crap what's wrong. He's no better than who's place he took there....Deborah Thomas.
meme

Cape Girardeau, MO

#8 Apr 29, 2010
Nothingrealm wrote:
Charity is a great doctor, she is my family doctor and she is easy to get into. My daughter needed to be seen asap, and our doctor couldn't get her in for two weeks, Dr Sandvos got her in the same day, She leaves openings for emergency situations. We switched to her immediatly. She was validictorian of her high school and college class, and she is a good person. I used to go to church with her when we were younger.
meme

Cape Girardeau, MO

#9 Apr 29, 2010
By the way, the fact that I knew her had nothing to do with me getting in so fast, a member of her staff got us in before I mentioned the fact that I knew her.

“Something profound”

Cape Girardeau

#10 Apr 29, 2010
I always get in really fast too and she is pleasant to be around.
JOE

Cape Girardeau, MO

#11 Apr 29, 2010
doctors i have called are not excepting new patients.
Clara

United States

#13 Apr 29, 2010
Nothingrealm wrote:
He's cold, monotonous, and he doesn't pay attention. He prescribed (tried to anyway) my son medication that he's allergic to 3 different times. I saw him for joint pain. He did an RA test, an x-ray, found nothing (even though it was there) and sent me home with a pack of steroids and a prescription for ibuprofen. I went to Charity Sandvos instead...and she did EVERYTHING possible to find out what was causing the problem. Bloodwork, more x-rays, an MRI, and referrals to a rheumatologist and an orthopedist.
The guy is just incompetent and he gives off a vibe of not giving a crap what's wrong. He's no better than who's place he took there....Deborah Thomas.
I will have to disagree with you on Dr. Boardman. I have been going to him for three years or more and he always listens to me and does his very best to treat my ailments. Shame on you for posting this on topix.
know

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 Apr 29, 2010
dr phillips will prescribe you anything you want.
but he also will try everything to see what is wrong with you.
been there

United States

#15 Apr 29, 2010
dennis long at family clinicat sprigg street great man can always get in

“Something profound”

Cape Girardeau

#16 Apr 29, 2010
Clara wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have to disagree with you on Dr. Boardman. I have been going to him for three years or more and he always listens to me and does his very best to treat my ailments. Shame on you for posting this on topix.
Shame on me? Really? The man treated me and my SON like we didn't matter.
May I ask...are you a middle aged or older housewife with no tattoos?
meme

Cape Girardeau, MO

#17 Apr 29, 2010
Nothingrealm wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on me? Really? The man treated me and my SON like we didn't matter.
May I ask...are you a middle aged or older housewife with no tattoos?
This is a public forum, meant for people to talk about their good and bad experiences in this town! I find this information much more useful than the usual, who no a girl named... And shame on all of us, because everybody shares bad experiences at establishments. The only thing shameful would be if it was a lie, otherwise, why not share stories whether good or bad, as long as they are true! If they lose patients because of this, it is a direct result of their own actions!
burned

United States

#18 May 1, 2010
Dr. Bieser.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#19 May 1, 2010
Try Dr.Kent Griffth.He was been our family doctor for 18 years.Very easy too get along with and very good at his job.He will take time to listen to you and tell you in detail whats wrong with you. The only small complaint that I have is when you have to be seen right away it takes awhile to be worked in. Good luck on finding a doctor.
patient

United States

#20 May 2, 2010
I've seen Dr. Griffith for 25 years. Needless to say I'm happy with his level of care. I've never had a problem being seen at his office. Once he was booked for the day and they got me in to see someone else in the practice. When I went back for a follow up the next week he was upset to learn that they hadn't worked me in to see him. He said if they tried to do it again to ask to leave a message for his nurse and they would fit me in.
KnowingRN

Jackson, MO

#21 May 3, 2010
Charity Sandvos is a very caring and intelligent doctor from my experiences with her and her interactions with her patients. And I don't know who is talking about Dr Phillips in a unknowing fashion...he is not like that...u have to go up to Perryville to have a doctor prescribe you "anything you want"....he is also a very nice and intelligent doctor...I would be glad to have him as my primary doctor any day of the week.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God 3 min lilbitpink 9
ihop 10 min lilbitpink 6
drury call center hotel reservations 13 min lilbitpink 9
Elite Travel Agency 17 min lilbitpink 12
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 27 min Changed 1,872
Pool Bar in Cape 45 min guest 1
Bored on a Saturday night 1 hr robert44 1
•••
•••
•••