Jackson, MO

#1 Nov 16, 2012
Another union ruined a businesss.
the only real usa first

Jackson, MO

#2 Nov 16, 2012
Reagan wrote:
the union did nothing wrong, bakeries close all the time. the original owner of the twinkie was continental baking, which was the original owner of the bunnie bread plant in sikeston. get on here and tell me what they did wrong to cause it to close

Advance, MO

#3 Nov 16, 2012
The employes don't get there demands and no more TWINKIES change the name hire new people and WAH LAH WE have TWINKIES LOL
Jackson XXI

United States

#4 Nov 16, 2012
You can still buy the off brand twinkies.
guesty

United States

#5 Nov 16, 2012
thank the stupid liberals for ruining this country and destroying delicious snack cakes for everyone

Gulf Breeze, FL

#6 Nov 16, 2012
Jackson XXI wrote:
You can still buy the off brand twinkies.
not even close to a twinkie yuk

Cape Girardeau, MO

#7 Nov 16, 2012
guesty wrote:
thank the stupid liberals for ruining this country and destroying delicious snack cakes for everyone
I'm going to guess this is a joke. No one is that stupid, right?
freak of nature

Sugar Grove, IL

#8 Nov 16, 2012
In a time when a majority of the nation is taking pay cuts or pay freezes, these unions feel the need to fight for raises! LOL. Here is your raise.
guesty

United States

#9 Nov 16, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to guess this is a joke. No one is that stupid, right?
what's funny about 19,000+ people losing their jobs in this economy and an American icon closing due to liberal stupidity and union thuggery? you got a sick sense of humor.
john

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10 Nov 16, 2012
Unions voted in Obama. Obama let in the mexicans in to take their jobs. Next month the mexicans will make my twinks. Hell yeah, half price. Thank you Obama.
the only real usa first

Jackson, MO

#11 Nov 16, 2012
freak of nature wrote:
In a time when a majority of the nation is taking pay cuts or pay freezes, these unions feel the need to fight for raises! LOL. Here is your raise.
why do you people not pay attention to what actually happens instead of making up your own facts. They already gave up pay, not increases but actual pay cuts. Their retirement was cut and their insurance was gutted. Then the executives all got huge bonuses.There comes a point that if a job just keeps getting worse it's better to find another one any way. If the company screwed them that way then good for them shutting it down. buy your twinkies from china.
Reagan

Jackson, MO

#12 Nov 16, 2012
the only real usa first wrote:
<quoted text>why do you people not pay attention to what actually happens instead of making up your own facts. They already gave up pay, not increases but actual pay cuts. Their retirement was cut and their insurance was gutted. Then the executives all got huge bonuses.There comes a point that if a job just keeps getting worse it's better to find another one any way. If the company screwed them that way then good for them shutting it down. buy your twinkies from china.
Stupid thoughts. Its better to have a job here than none at all. At least them not extorting a pay raise would have kept them open. Glad u believe in paying a union thug to keep your job. Real Americans don't and just want to work to keep it. Boo hoo whiner.

Tulsa, OK

#13 Nov 16, 2012
guesty wrote:
<quoted text>what's funny about 19,000+ people losing their jobs in this economy and an American icon closing due to liberal stupidity and union thuggery? you got a sick sense of humor.
I didn't tell the joke, you stupid moron. You're an idiot.
Troof

Sainte Genevieve, MO

#14 Nov 16, 2012
More typical southeast Missouri bs. Union this hate unions ruining everything yadda yadda... You need to get facts straight and stop believing those idiots named Limbaugh and Rust. And I'm a proud union member that happens to be a conservative.
One in chamber

United States

#15 Nov 16, 2012
the only real usa first wrote:
<quoted text>why do you people not pay attention to what actually happens instead of making up your own facts. They already gave up pay, not increases but actual pay cuts. Their retirement was cut and their insurance was gutted. Then the executives all got huge bonuses.There comes a point that if a job just keeps getting worse it's better to find another one any way. If the company screwed them that way then good for them shutting it down. buy your twinkies from china.
Amen! Someone gets it!

United States

#16 Nov 16, 2012
Twinkies will still be around. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Brands don't just die out and go extinct, they're bought by another company. Hostess may not make them anymore but someone else will. Although the end of twinkies wouldn't be an awful thing. They're horribly unhealthy and contain the same chemicals used to embalm people. They're like the cigarette of snack food. You know they're bad for you, but you consume them anyways.

“Seeking the truth”

Since: Nov 12

USA

#17 Nov 16, 2012
I work in a union Job, they have never done a damn thing for me....I pay union dues for nothing :(
Taxation without representation basically!
Where I work, the only people the union helps is the lazy ones that dont want to do their jobs, the rest of us have to suffer for it.
splc

Leavenworth, KS

#18 Nov 16, 2012
Reagan wrote:
is this the hostess cup cake company?
Anti Union

Downingtown, PA

#19 Nov 16, 2012
I have been a union member and I am here to say that unions have destroyed our country. Unions protect people who don't want to work, yet make a lot of money. All they want to do is seek what they feel they are entitled too. It then causes owners and management to raise the price on their products and out source whatever they can in order to stay alive. Great job unions, destroy another company. I hope your union will now pay you back all the money you gave to them over the years. Now go and bend down to your golden statue of Jimmy Hoffa.
theREAL2012theEN D

United States

#20 Nov 16, 2012
Union 4 life! Hostess was mismanaged and that is what caused it to fail. Just like the Postal Service in this country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Francis interview process 54 min Doctor Leonard McCoy 67
Is Luhr Bros company good to work for 5 hr Guest 6
Carpet 7 hr Loopty Loop 5
Divorce attorney 8 hr Guest 27
the real truth about the jews 8 hr George Bailey 4
gville grill or tractors 10 hr Ronald McDonald 7
Sperling's 12 hr Arctic Fox 4

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance