Which Hospital is Better Southeast or...

Which Hospital is Better Southeast or St. Francis...keep it clean

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Keepin it Real

Cape Girardeau, MO

#1 Jul 11, 2009
Just wondering overall which hospital is better as far as patient care goes and working in.
Hypochondriac

Cape Girardeau, MO

#2 Jul 11, 2009
I prefer Southeast Hospital the staff are friendly and we are now on a first name basis pretty much with the ER staff
guest too

Jackson, MO

#3 Jul 11, 2009
I thought Southeast was best for years but after a recent experience there I will now choose St. Francis.
guess

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jul 11, 2009
St. Francis 100 percent . My son broke his arm relocating his elbow 2 the front . Mo.Delta sent us to cape cause it waz so bad. When we got to the e.r. they were super nice. he waz rushed into surgery within 45mins. they kept us informed and one of the nurses waited with me and my family in the waiting room till the dr.came out . he had 2 stay 3days. the whole time we were on the ped. floor they took wonderful care of my son.and made sure he had everything he needed . and the dr. waz awesome as well . very caring , and reassuring . So me St.Francis all the way.........
happy

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jul 11, 2009
I love Southeast. The nurses I've had there were very good and super nice. I thought my care was exceptional. I have been going to Southeast for over 30 years and will continue to do so.
barhopper

United States

#6 Jul 12, 2009
they both suck due to the fact that all they really care about is competeing by duplicating and outdoing each others services, instead of finding more efficient and less expensive ways to help people. its more of a race to make more money at the patients (and insurance)expense. think about that next year when your coverage decreases again. i wish they would pass a law to make healthcare not-for-profit without losing the quality.
Sleepy Head

Cape Girardeau, MO

#7 Jul 12, 2009
Southeast hospital by far. I have been a patient in both hospitals and let me tell you yeah the Emergency room sucks in both hospitals, but can you blame them it's not there fault. Uncle Sam is to blame for health care. Hmmm I broke my arm but gee I have no insurance so guess I am going to the ER cause they won't turn me away like doctor offices do <--just an example, why the ER is so over crowded these days. If your the lucky ones that make it past the ER and get to the floor than Southeast Hospital for sure cause the nurses are top notch, not to many good looking ones but hey can't have your cake and eat it too.

Jackson, MO

#8 Jul 13, 2009
I always thought SE was best until they hired VanCuran. Now I'm not so sure.
LaughingMatters

United States

#9 Jul 13, 2009
Southeast is the best! They have excellent staff and helpful people. I like being treated like family there!
Concerned

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10 Jul 13, 2009
2 thumbs up for southeast hospital, on the downside of southeast its sad that they are making there employee's not smoke anymore or only allowed to smoke on their lunch break. I for one work there, and know that it is a pain in the butt to only be able to go out on our lunch time, walk a block away and have to smoke. Some of us get stressed, and maybe just going outside for 5 min. helps a lot out. While St. Francis still allows their employee's to smoke. Southeast needs to change that rule and provide their employee's with a smoking area and rules like a 5 min break every 2-3 hours, especially for some of us that work 12-16hour days.
lala

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jul 13, 2009
I think St. Francis is good, but their billing dept. sucks. If you owe even one dollar, they hound you like crazy. You make a payment and then they send you to collections.....They are horrible!!!!

Cape Girardeau, MO

#12 Jul 13, 2009
I agree with the above post....
Fan

United States

#13 Jul 13, 2009
I gave birth to my daughter at SFMC and was treated wonderfully! The nurses were extremely helpful and very friendly.
lilith

Jackson, MO

#14 Jul 14, 2009
I work at Southeast and My Dad had a terrible experience there at least twice. My bother inlaw was hospitalized at Southeast and was treated well. Maybe it is the age of the patient that makes the difference. My Dad was not properly assessed by the staff and was mis diagnosed by the physicians. That is very saddening to me because I am an employee of Southeast Hospital. I will only take my Dad to St Francis. I have relayed my concerns to management at Southeast.
sf business office worker

United States

#15 Sep 5, 2009
lala wrote:
I think St. Francis is good, but their billing dept. sucks. If you owe even one dollar, they hound you like crazy. You make a payment and then they send you to collections.....They are horrible!!!!
Dont judge all of us in the business office just because you had a bad experience. I take my job seriously and would be glad to help any one that calls. we have a great group of workers in the office. Just give us a second chance.
Rush Limb

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Sep 6, 2009
St Francis without a doubt. A few years ago a young black woman led a protest out there after her mother died. She felt it was due to poor treatment on the part of the hospital. I think there were several other colored people protesting with her.

It was "alleged" that some of the doctors, and nurses came out, verbally attacked the group, and some of the doctors even dropped the "N" word bomb on them.

Now that's my kind of hospital for sure!
Auction Boy

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Sep 7, 2009
Both hospitals suck compared to going to St. Louis, especially moneywise. A friend had his wages garnished because he owed St. Francis 125.00. It cost him two jobs. They hounded him to death. He almost starved paying them off.
Lessons

Cape Girardeau, MO

#18 Sep 7, 2009
I can't speak for SFMC because I have never been there..But as far as Southeast, I think it is a good hospital compared to others I have been to. I had my daughter there and had great care. I went to the ER 2 weeks ago with gall stones after a few hours of test they found the cause of the pain and had me in surgery within 30 mins. The ER doc and staff were great, my wait in the lobby at the ER was only 5 minutes, my surgeon was wonderful, but a couple of my nurses didn't seem to like their job. They helped if I asked for it, but other wise left me be to rest. Which in reality was great because most of the time you never get rest in a hospital.

I've heard great about both. Not everyone will have a good experience everytime, but we are lucky to have pretty good hospitals within the area.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19 Sep 8, 2009
i really love the nurses there at southeast.i have alot of friends there.i have friends alot at sf.but in the lab dept at southeast there are problems with information getting leaked out.that has happened one time in the ER once when a young child came in with his mother.apparently another lady that worked in lab leaked some information out of the hospital to other family members.
there has been other instances.thats just one that was reported,not sure were it went from there.
Citizen

United States

#20 Sep 8, 2009
Two years ago our Father was hospitalized at SouthEast. He under went heart surgery, he was in the OR for around 10 hours. It was very extensive. He was given great care in recovery where he remained for about three weeks. At the end of the third week the Dr. informed us that he was doing well and was pleased with the progress he was making. He also told us they would be moving him to a room on the third floor where his care would continue and he would start with some light strength training or what they call rehab. The Dr. informed us he would be starting vacation and let us know which Dr.'s would be looking in on Dad and let us know that he would be back to check him the week he comes back from vacation. The time our regular Dr. was gone was absolutely horrible. My dad was pretty much on his own unless one of us was there to go get a nurse or attendant, they were terrible about responding to the rooms, if they responded at all. We got to where we never left him alone there, we made sure one of us was always there 24/7. When his regular Dr. came back and came in to check him he had him moved immediately back to the recovery room he was in before, where he would be monitored 24hrs. The Dr. was very apologetic and said "this was just poor health care". My dad never recovered and died three weeks later. I am not usually one that blames all because of a few, but in this instance I do blame the entire hospital. I will never see another relative of mine put through the agony, pain and humiliation my Father was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP IS FINISHED! He is wanting a PARDON on HI... 40 min guest 83
grate clips 1 hr Guest 6
Bars that allow underage drinking 2 hr Dudleydoesright 1
huddle house or denny's (Dec '11) 4 hr All Star Brakefast 43
For you clueless females, here is how to stop h... 4 hr Jim Dugar 3
Radiant Paris (Apr '16) 22 hr Ricardo montobomb 13
TRUMP gets BETTER and BETTER EVERYDAY!!!!! Wed The Little Egyptian 1

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance