haunted places in Cape Girardeau County?
idk

Scott City, MO

#22 Apr 16, 2011
Bollinger Mill is definitely haunted, there is also a small church a few miles away on the corner of 34 and U hwy. A cemetery on CR 370 and you cant forget about Fayeteville RD over in Thebes. these are places I have actually saw activity along with others and are all public.
Outsider

Festus, MO

#23 Apr 16, 2011
It's a little ways from Cape Girardeau County, but there is a place out in Gipsy in Bollinger County called the McMinn House that is VERY haunted. It's about a 10-15 minute drive from Zalma. There's a picture of the house on the Marble Hill Topix forum. The story goes that the place used to be a slave plantation back in the day, and that the slaves are buried somewhere on the property in their own cemetery. People who have stayed in the house have experienced phenomena such as the lights going on and off by themselves, doors slamming shut by themselves, and hearing the rattling of chains. Some have reported seeing shadowy figures passing by the gate and glowing green eyes in the woods that "float." Some people have said they've felt unusually "hot spots" and "cold spots" while walking on the property. Legend has it that the ghosts of the slaves still inhabit the house and property to keep away intruders.

It's a fun place to go and investigate - the house is very pretty (at least on the outside) but it is very creepy at night, as the only thing that surrounds you is woods and not another person in sight for miles. No cell phone service out there either so if you venture there, remember to take your flashlights and don't go alone. Also, some people have gotten in trouble recently for trespassing so if you go, don't blab about it and go at your own discretion.
James

United States

#24 Jan 2, 2012
I am the founder of a paranormal investigating team that is currently working on projects for the SYFY Channel. I am interested in any information pertaining to haunted locations that have ties to the Civil War and Slavery.
I am also interested in finding someone that is knowledgeable of the locations to assist in the projects and preliminary investigations.
Feel free to contact me by email @
[email protected] mal.com

Thank you!
guest

Cedar Hill, MO

#25 Jan 2, 2012
yogi wrote:
Outside Dutchtown going toward channel on the right hand side next to the woods old house is suppose to be haunted. Also a old farm about two miles from Winery in Commerce going north right hand side of road use to be horses in field in front of old house. If you see a white horse in the field you are at the right place.
my grandpa told me about that house near Commerce, scary stuff!
Heather

Carbondale, IL

#26 Apr 13, 2012
Who can I contact about getting permission to investigate the McMinn House

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#27 Apr 13, 2012
444 Washington is said to be spooked. Goggle that address and you'll find out there was an investigation by some paranormal team yrs ago. It's for sale. It's by Lorimer cemetery in cape
loki

Chicago, IL

#28 Apr 14, 2012
guest 00 wrote:
The apartments on Good Hope where the old St.Francis use to be. I lived there and in the middle of the night I would hear my childs' toys being played with in the living room and both I and my son were in the bedroom sleeping. Also when on lived in the duplexes on West End I would be sleeping and it would sound like someone waking into the room but when I looked no one was there. I was always hearing footsteps walking on the hardwood floors. The place just gave me the creeps!
I lived there and on more than one occasion the tv and computer would come on by it's self. Agreed.

“You are freaking out.....man.”

Since: Jun 11

Puyallup, WA

#29 Apr 15, 2012
There is a house outside of Cape. If you take Perryville all the way out of town, and instead of taking the left curve onto Route W, you go straight down a bit.

When I cleaned houses, I cleaned that one, and by the time we were done, we were running out of the house. There was a pool table with all the balls in the pockets, but the balls kept getting put back on the table. There was a ping pong table that was lined with thick dust that we hadn't cleaned yet, and when we came back into the room, the paddles had been moved, leaving a paddle-shaped lack of dust on the table. Lamps turning on/off. Creepy.

Don't know the address, but it scared the hell out of me. According to the owners, the "spirit" used to actually be violent, but had calmed down in recent years.
ghoststalkers201 2

Reva, VA

#30 May 6, 2012
Heather wrote:
Who can I contact about getting permission to investigate the McMinn House
My husband and I are the founder'sof ghoststalkers2012.org and we know who the caretaker is and who own's the place but we can't get the caretaker to call us back to investigate the McMann mansion. We only live about 20 mile's from the mansion.
ghoststalkers201 2

Reva, VA

#31 May 6, 2012
Outsider wrote:
It's a little ways from Cape Girardeau County, but there is a place out in Gipsy in Bollinger County called the McMinn House that is VERY haunted. It's about a 10-15 minute drive from Zalma. There's a picture of the house on the Marble Hill Topix forum. The story goes that the place used to be a slave plantation back in the day, and that the slaves are buried somewhere on the property in their own cemetery. People who have stayed in the house have experienced phenomena such as the lights going on and off by themselves, doors slamming shut by themselves, and hearing the rattling of chains. Some have reported seeing shadowy figures passing by the gate and glowing green eyes in the woods that "float." Some people have said they've felt unusually "hot spots" and "cold spots" while walking on the property. Legend has it that the ghosts of the slaves still inhabit the house and property to keep away intruders.
It's a fun place to go and investigate - the house is very pretty (at least on the outside) but it is very creepy at night, as the only thing that surrounds you is woods and not another person in sight for miles. No cell phone service out there either so if you venture there, remember to take your flashlights and don't go alone. Also, some people have gotten in trouble recently for trespassing so if you go, don't blab about it and go at your own discretion.
My husband and I are the founder's of ghoststalkers2012.org . Also the salves helped Mr. McMann build the mansion. The slave's are buried there on the property back behind the house. The McMann mansion has camera's on the house so you will need permission first.
SI paranormal group

Carbondale, IL

#32 May 9, 2012
ghoststalkers2012 wrote:
<quoted text>My husband and I are the founder's of ghoststalkers2012.org . Also the salves helped Mr. McMann build the mansion. The slave's are buried there on the property back behind the house. The McMann mansion has camera's on the house so you will need permission first.
I just sent you a message from your website :)
doomDOOM

Dallas, TX

#33 May 9, 2012
James wrote:
I am the founder of a paranormal investigating team that is currently working on projects for the SYFY Channel. I am interested in any information pertaining to haunted locations that have ties to the Civil War and Slavery.
I am also interested in finding someone that is knowledgeable of the locations to assist in the projects and preliminary investigations.
Feel free to contact me by email @
[email protected] mal.com

Thank you!
BS, keep blowing smoke bro
smdh

New Castle, DE

#34 May 9, 2012
I lived on e rodney and there was a ghost in my apt. It looked up from the basement once and then walked down the hall at least once when we were in bed
okaykay

Chicago, IL

#35 May 10, 2012
smdh wrote:
I lived on e rodney and there was a ghost in my apt. It looked up from the basement once and then walked down the hall at least once when we were in bed
which apartments on E Rodney? You had a basement?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#36 May 10, 2012
Ghosts aren't real..
Ghosts are real

Saint Louis, MO

#37 May 10, 2012
I live near Capaha Park in Cape. I haved lived in a haunted house for 6 years now. We've had many, many strange things happen (boots walking, voices, apparitions, smells, etc). Our next door neighbor also claims to be haunted, although their spirit's activity seems more malevolent. My Mom was at the hospital for tests one day and the when her nurse saw her address she told my Mom she lived in our house years ago and only stayed a short while because it was haunted. I have discovered that Capaha Park area was where the Union camped during the short Batttle of Cape Girardeau in 1863 so I'm thinking maybe spirits of soldiers but I don't know.
smdh

United States

#38 May 10, 2012
The green ones
house

Wood River, IL

#39 Jun 16, 2012
Reynolds house
guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#40 Jun 17, 2012
thr river campus is haunted too. a friend of mine works there, it pre dates the civil war. He has seen faces, people sitting in chairs, heard conversations among other things.
Old goat

Haslet, TX

#41 Jun 17, 2012
The whole Downtown area stores are haunted as well as the old court house. It is rumored that an old cajun voodoo witch dr moved here from New Orleans back before 1900s. He was killed in the downtown area after getting drunk and into a fight and it is said his ghost goes through all the stores downtown today. I have heard about houses along the river having hauntings. The old pike house? is it down by Lone Star?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poachers 1 hr Freddie100 2
Great african american hero...Silky Johnston 1 hr Guest 15
Don't use Quality Tree Service 6 hr Smackdown 56
I know you.. 9 hr Home slice 2
The pony 14 hr Yall loveit 15
Larry Dale Lutes II aka Luke Dale 14 hr oMg 3
Richie Rouggly 19 hr jail 3

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages