Kfvs 12 not reporting on Morley Swingle

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
kFVS 12

Edwardsville, IL

#1 Jan 6, 2011
Wonder if this has anything to do with Morley Swingle hiring Kathy Sweeneys husband as one of his investigators last year.
Cover Up

Edwardsville, IL

#2 Jan 6, 2011
Can any body confirm this? If it is true that Kathy Sweeneys husband is Morley Swingles investigator and Kfvs 12 has not reported the Morley Swingle scandal that is pretty damning. Lets get some answers, everybody comment on this story to keep it at the top of the list.
Ditto

Edwardsville, IL

#3 Jan 6, 2011
Ditto!
whocares

Cape Girardeau, MO

#4 Jan 6, 2011
Cover Up wrote:
Can any body confirm this? If it is true that Kathy Sweeneys husband is Morley Swingles investigator and Kfvs 12 has not reported the Morley Swingle scandal that is pretty damning. Lets get some answers, everybody comment on this story to keep it at the top of the list.
What is there to cover up? Why should him getting a divorce be on the news? And why should it matter that he had an affair with his client? It's not Antibes business. Yeah I'll admit its juicy gossip but damn it doesn't need to be on the news!
whocares

Cape Girardeau, MO

#5 Jan 6, 2011
whocares wrote:
<quoted text>What is there to cover up? Why should him getting a divorce be on the news? And why should it matter that he had an affair with his client? It's not Antibes business. Yeah I'll admit its juicy gossip but damn it doesn't need to be on the news!
Sorry any bodies! Damn iPhone
Get for real

Edwardsville, IL

#6 Jan 6, 2011
It is our business the only people who disagree would be those close to Morley.

United States

#7 Jan 6, 2011
who cares is right! they are a TV station not a gossip column like other news outlets! Is there a story? Don't think so!!! If someone makes a formal complaint through the MO Bar or some other governmental agency they will report on it, right now there is nothing but small town gossip!
serpie47

Buffalo, MO

#8 Jan 6, 2011
A guy who was sworn to uphold the law and will cheat on his wife will do anythinbg else crooked and illegal.....in my humble opinion.
Get for real

Edwardsville, IL

#9 Jan 6, 2011
A prosecuting attorney sleeps with a victim of a crime where he prosecutes the criminal whom hurt her and when his wife finds out then he recuses him self. Yeah right thats not news worthy if you are Morley or Lane Thomasson but to the rest of us tax payers it is.
It never ends

Edwardsville, IL

#10 Jan 6, 2011
The longer this goes the worse it will be, I called a friend of mine and yes Kathy Sweeneys husband was hired last year by Morley Swingle as a investigator, but wait it gets better, he was hired without the job being advertised, in fact the job was created for him, it did not exist before they hired him. what does that tell you.
crabbypatty

Arnold, MO

#11 Jan 6, 2011
It never ends wrote:
The longer this goes the worse it will be, I called a friend of mine and yes Kathy Sweeneys husband was hired last year by Morley Swingle as a investigator, but wait it gets better, he was hired without the job being advertised, in fact the job was created for him, it did not exist before they hired him. what does that tell you.
Business as usual in Cape County Government
Towers club

Edwardsville, IL

#12 Jan 6, 2011
The reason we never hear the dirt on the powerful is they all beling to a private club called the Towers club. People Like Mike Smythe with Kfvs 12 and Gary Rust who owns the newspaper are charter members, It is the proverbial smoke filled room.
swingman

Jackson, MO

#13 Jan 6, 2011
The towers club only lets millionaires in. This is a room in the kfvs tower. This is why gary rust does all his shady deals like the river campus.
Muhamad Ali

Edwardsville, IL

#14 Jan 6, 2011
Every body needs to call KFVS 12 and demand that they cover this story.
Sweeney Todd

Edwardsville, IL

#15 Jan 7, 2011
Im going to call wpsd 6 maybe they will cover the story?
Better Yet

United States

#16 Jan 7, 2011
Write in to It's Your Turn to KFVS 12... see if they will put it up ? you also have speak out.

Po Box 100
Cape Girardeau Mo 63701

If you truly feel you need answers .
Jay was right

Edwardsville, IL

#17 Jan 7, 2011
Kfvs can not be trusted, watch this video at the begining is Jay Purcell being interviewed by kfvs 12 ( you will see heartland news on the michrophone) He had just made public the cover up of the Knudtson federal lawsuit and Morley swingle investigating his own wifes hit and run at the Cape Girardeau city council. The interview never aired and the newspaper never reported the story, thats because they were a part of the original cover up. The only reason we are seeing the footage is Jay Purcell had a film crew working for his campaign and they recorded the interview also. Here is the video
theanswerman

Jackson, MO

#18 Jan 7, 2011
whocares wrote:
<quoted text>
What is there to cover up? Why should him getting a divorce be on the news? And why should it matter that he had an affair with his client? It's not Antibes business. Yeah I'll admit its juicy gossip but damn it doesn't need to be on the news!
Because he is #1 a elected official,#2 He is a State Prosecutor #3 He is prosecuting a case and has had an affair with one of the States witness, this affair did not just happen, it has been going on for how long? Reality is. it has gone on at least a couple months then add up the time it took to get to that point. That is why. It is alot of bad things topping that list if he will betray the trust his family has bestowed upon him, committing a sin by breaking one of the ten commandments, then what makes you think that puplic opinion matters to this creep? He apparently does what he wants without regard for others, tries to hide it did for how long? THAT IS CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR
SEmo48

Cape Girardeau, MO

#19 Jan 7, 2011
Jay was right wrote:
Kfvs can not be trusted, watch this video at the begining is Jay Purcell being interviewed by kfvs 12 ( you will see heartland news on the michrophone) He had just made public the cover up of the Knudtson federal lawsuit and Morley swingle investigating his own wifes hit and run at the Cape Girardeau city council. The interview never aired and the newspaper never reported the story, thats because they were a part of the original cover up. The only reason we are seeing the footage is Jay Purcell had a film crew working for his campaign and they recorded the interview also. Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yIPn2cPaAlcXX
I remember seeing the interview on KFVS.

I also find it interesting that Swingle has hired Sweeney's husband and now the station isn't reporting on an issue that could get Swingle disbarred if he really did have an affair with a client.
Person 1

Cape Girardeau, MO

#20 Jan 7, 2011
This is prolly all Purcell's doing....SHUT THE HELL UP man NO ONE cares about this people have affairs all the time. IT'S NOT NEW WORTHY! and the only thing that can't be trusted from KFVS12 is the weather mr "jay was right".....Purcell- go back to whatever whole it wall you flipping came from and stay there please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sperling's 6 min Driver 13
LPN Positions 1 hr Uuuuhhhhh 2
Hows trump workin out for ya 1 hr Fact 23
Johnson and Hanks 2020 as Running Mates 2 hr Guest 14
birth mothers reunied with kids they gave up fo... 10 hr guest 33
Two Russian Presidents: Putin and Trump 15 hr Smackdown 25
Anyone ever had or let their wife be seduced by... (Feb '15) 16 hr Jesus On A Stick 666 555

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages