Cape Police Investigating Homicide

Cape Police Investigating Homicide

There are 25 comments on the Southeast Missourian story from Jun 26, 2010, titled Cape Police Investigating Homicide. In it, Southeast Missourian reports that:

Cape Girardeau police officers responded early Saturday morning to a report of shots fired at Park Drive and North Fountain Street to find a 44-year-old man dead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Southeast Missourian.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
i wonder

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jun 26, 2010
the guy that was murdered was woody ervin. i read about him getting beat up real bad a few months ago on topix it happened at cue n brew
cms

Eureka, MO

#2 Jun 26, 2010
Heard he got jumped at Cue n Brew a few months ago, damn sure bet it took more than one to get him down. Yes it was Woody that so sadly lost is life this morning, thoughts and prayers go out to his mother.
hmm

United States

#3 Jun 26, 2010
When we say investigating we actually mean scratching their heads
LocalByStander

United States

#4 Jun 27, 2010
Pretty much.. I could lay out 3 scenerios.. but I'm not gonna do it again. lol
Agree

United States

#5 Jun 27, 2010
Hmmm
Acadia

United States

#6 Jun 27, 2010
John P Smith Done it he and Chris Caldwell Killed EDDY!!!!!!!
i wonder

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jun 28, 2010
eddy who?
sosad

Columbia, MO

#8 Jun 28, 2010
woody wus a good man
cms

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jun 28, 2010
just wondering where this Chris Caldwell and John P. Smith are from. Never heard metion of either one of them, and who are you calling Eddy? Not sure why anyone would want to kill someone like that.wondering if your not talking abunch of B.S and if you are it is not fair to the family of Woody.
Fearless Female

Fredericktown, MO

#10 Jun 28, 2010
That was wrong of the officer in the paper today to state it was drug related. Have some respect until you know more facts. I have a feeling this case is already botched and will never be solved. My heart goes out to Candie. May God bless you and help you through this.
Concerned Citizen

Cape Girardeau, MO

#11 Jun 28, 2010
Was this by the Post Office?
Cousin Fred

Cape Girardeau, MO

#12 Jun 28, 2010
I guess the pigs are looking for truffles.
Hungry and Scared

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Jun 28, 2010
Yes, in front of the skate park down from Lorimier Cemetary.
only me

Sikeston, MO

#14 Jun 28, 2010
woody was a good dude and whoever did this should go to jail and yeah he talked shit but he didn't deserve to die
i know him

Columbia, MO

#15 Jun 29, 2010
cms wrote:
just wondering where this Chris Caldwell and John P. Smith are from. Never heard metion of either one of them, and who are you calling Eddy? Not sure why anyone would want to kill someone like that.wondering if your not talking abunch of B.S and if you are it is not fair to the family of Woody.
christopher caldwell lives in advance and he thinks he's the shit loud mouth shit starter
i know him

Columbia, MO

#16 Jun 29, 2010
christopher caldwell lives in advance he is a loud mouth shit starter

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#17 Jun 29, 2010
hmm, Cousin Fred, and Fearless Female

I don't like it wan anyone is killed. in fact my job is directly related to saving lives. But, if the police say it may have been drug related, then they probably have some evidence to support that. Remember, investigating crimes is what they do. They don't fire insults about your work all over the net. If you think you could do a better job, enroll at the police academy.
ThatsTheTruth

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#18 Jun 29, 2010
Bottom line is that the police have to look at every possible angle when investigating. I'm sure they know much more than they are letting on.
cms

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jun 29, 2010
I wish KFVS would stop showing the mug shot of Woody that is very disrespectful to the family. Hope the police have checked into the names that have been listed on this site.8
Shonuff

Sikeston, MO

#20 Jul 2, 2010
Three cheers for the Cape PD! Hip, Hip Hooray! Cape has the finest detectives anywhere in this part of the country. They all need a raise! I'm proud of my Cape Girardeau police department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
orgasim donor 17 min hey 4
Local women 22 min manmeat 20
Jason Ponder is snitching 2 hr Guest2 67
Amy O'Kelly 5 hr guest 11
In Memory of Timothy(Tmbo)Jordan (Feb '10) 6 hr guest 15
st francis medical center worst hostpital in cape! (Sep '12) 8 hr Guest 64
Sheri Grippo? 8 hr Sad 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages