Illinois CCW Ban has been struck down

Illinois CCW Ban has been struck down

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
missouriconserva tive

Benton, MO

#1 Dec 12, 2012
Thank GOD in Heaven above. Beware all criminals, thugs, rapists, etc. The tables have now turned. You better think twice before jacking with law-abiding citizens. Glorious times!
JacksonB

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Dec 12, 2012
Amen, if it works out. Reciprocit is sure to come eventually. Crime will go down in Chicago and the rest of Illinois.
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#3 Dec 12, 2012
missouriconservative wrote:
Thank GOD in Heaven above. Beware all criminals, thugs, rapists, etc. The tables have now turned. You better think twice before jacking with law-abiding citizens. Glorious times!
What ever it takes to make little men like yourself feel safe when venturing out into modern, spooky society. Fear. What a horrible thing to have, I guess.

Just do us a favor and try not to shoot your toddler in the head climbing in your pickup. http://www.i4u.com/2012/12/pennsylvania/shoot...
Guest

Jackson, MO

#4 Dec 12, 2012
Watermark wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever it takes to make little men like yourself feel safe when venturing out into modern, spooky society.

Yeah its not like people just walk into movie theaters or shopping malls or restaurants and just start shooting wildly.
Seriously , the little man attack is a weak as the small penis line. Marginalizing an entire group of people in any way shows you're a drooling moron with no real argument.
Watermark wrote:
Fear. What a horrible thing to have, I guess.

You would know you obviously fear the second amendment rights of spooky little men with guns.
Watermark wrote:
Just do us a favor and try not to shoot your toddler in the head climbing in your pickup.


Your assumption is asinine. Plenty of gun owners dont have children ,and the vast majority that do have secured their fire arms properly. Not to mention Plenty of military and Police and other law enforcement officers have children too.
Watermark wrote:
For one bad accident there are thousands of good use incidents.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/it...

And what about all the toddlers that got ran over by cars, also deadly weapons that require a lot more training to use safely, where is your snide remark to all the drivers of the land?
32367 deaths in 2011 by cars alone.

But I'll tell you what sparky since you think guns are so bad put a sign up in your yard that reads "gun free house" and I'll make sure to respect your right to die by criminals and wont lift a finger to help you with my guns. I will however call the cops for you, they'll arrive just in time to draw a chalk line around your body.
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#5 Dec 12, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah its not like people just walk into movie theaters or shopping malls or restaurants and just start shooting wildly.
Yes, when the fear of the remote possibility of something like that forces me to carry a gun when I go into the public, I'll re-evaluate myself as a man. Besides, in both of those incidents you just listed, if you had been carrying a typical concealed weapon, you would of been outmatched with hundreds of rounds and an accuracy exceeding 600 meters.

First of all, you are implying that I dislike guns and do not condone carrying them concealed. You're wrong, and you're saying that only to create an argument. What I'm saying is that your pathetic if you have so much fear of society in you that you feel the need to carry a gun when you venture into everyday society. Think about it. It's weird. It's sad. Yes, it's pathetic. And it's that nature of person who drops their gun at their kid's soccer game and kills an innocent child. And for what? Because they were scared of society. Or, they wanted to be seen in public carrying a gun.

If you want an arsenal in your home for "home protection", I support it. If you want to carry a concealed weapon when you are going into a high crime area, carrying large sums of money and suspect a robbery or conducting dangerous business, so be it. But to carry a weapon to grab an ice cream cone and watch your son's basketball game, it's absurd.
thinkaboutit

Olathe, KS

#6 Dec 12, 2012
Watermark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when the fear of the remote possibility of something like that forces me to carry a gun when I go into the public, I'll re-evaluate myself as a man. Besides, in both of those incidents you just listed, if you had been carrying a typical concealed weapon, you would of been outmatched with hundreds of rounds and an accuracy exceeding 600 meters.
First of all, you are implying that I dislike guns and do not condone carrying them concealed. You're wrong, and you're saying that only to create an argument. What I'm saying is that your pathetic if you have so much fear of society in you that you feel the need to carry a gun when you venture into everyday society. Think about it. It's weird. It's sad. Yes, it's pathetic. And it's that nature of person who drops their gun at their kid's soccer game and kills an innocent child. And for what? Because they were scared of society. Or, they wanted to be seen in public carrying a gun.
If you want an arsenal in your home for "home protection", I support it. If you want to carry a concealed weapon when you are going into a high crime area, carrying large sums of money and suspect a robbery or conducting dangerous business, so be it. But to carry a weapon to grab an ice cream cone and watch your son's basketball game, it's absurd.
Tell that to the families of all the people these crazy people have killed. If just one person with there LEGAL pistol was in each place imagine how many lives could have been saved. Oh I forgot, the news won't report that part of it. educate yourself then return
been there

United States

#7 Dec 13, 2012
You can't argue logics with "Watermark", he's as dumb as a box of rocks.
One in chamber

United States

#8 Dec 13, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah its not like people just walk into movie theaters or shopping malls or restaurants and just start shooting wildly.
Seriously , the little man attack is a weak as the small penis line. Marginalizing an entire group of people in any way shows you're a drooling moron with no real argument.

Watermark wrote, "Fear. What a horrible thing to have, I guess."


You would know you obviously fear the second amendment rights of spooky little men with guns.

Watermark wrote, "Just do us a favor and try not to shoot your toddler in the head climbing in your pickup."



Your assumption is asinine. Plenty of gun owners dont have children ,and the vast majority that do have secured their fire arms properly. Not to mention Plenty of military and Police and other law enforcement officers have children too.

Watermark wrote, "
http://www.i4u.com/2012/12/pennsylvania/shoot... ;

For one bad accident there are thousands of good use incidents.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/it...

And what about all the toddlers that got ran over by cars, also deadly weapons that require a lot more training to use safely, where is your snide remark to all the drivers of the land?
32367 deaths in 2011 by cars alone.

But I'll tell you what sparky since you think guns are so bad put a sign up in your yard that reads "gun free house" and I'll make sure to respect your right to die by criminals and wont lift a finger to help you with my guns. I will however call the cops for you, they'll arrive just in time to draw a chalk line around your body.
Awesome. Well said.
missouriconserva tive

Jackson, MO

#9 Dec 13, 2012
Watermark wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever it takes to make little men like yourself feel safe when venturing out into modern, spooky society. Fear. What a horrible thing to have, I guess.
Just do us a favor and try not to shoot your toddler in the head climbing in your pickup. http://www.i4u.com/2012/12/pennsylvania/shoot...
You are a fool....as defined in The Holy Bible. I urge you to slither back to the place you came from.
poop ninja

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10 Dec 13, 2012
thinkaboutit wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the families of all the people these crazy people have killed. If just one person with there LEGAL pistol was in each place imagine how many lives could have been saved. Oh I forgot, the news won't report that part of it. educate yourself then return
I've educated myself. Very few people are equipped with the skills and mentality to handle such a situation. Even if somebody is a great shot at the range and likes to dream about taking down bad guys, they'll still be hopped up on adrenaline and probably firing in/near a panicking crowd. It's just as likely that more people would die when the vigilantes accidentally shoot bystanders.

And good luck convincing the cops that you're a good guy before they kill you.
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#12 Dec 14, 2012
thinkaboutit wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the families of all the people these crazy people have killed. If just one person with there LEGAL pistol was in each place imagine how many lives could have been saved. Oh I forgot, the news won't report that part of it. educate yourself then return
As I indicated before, if you and your legal pistol was in place in the majority of the recent active shooter cases, you and your small caliber joke would of been facing a highly motivated, aggressive individual wearing body armor and sporting a 30+ round mag full of high velocity rounds being shot from a military grade assault rifle with a range exceeding 600 meters. I would estimate your chances of survival at 15%.

So educate yourself. And actually consider your chances of survival and then tell you family why Daddy, with his fear of society and the inner need to carry a gun, does just that.
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#13 Dec 14, 2012
been there wrote:
You can't argue logics with "Watermark", he's as dumb as a box of rocks.
Do you find it ironic that "logics" isn't a word in the English language?
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#14 Dec 14, 2012
missouriconservative wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fool....as defined in The Holy Bible. I urge you to slither back to the place you came from.
It's funny that you reference the Holy Bible and yet speak hatefully in a public forum. What does the Holy Bible say about hate? That's OK, I don't expect you to actually practice what you preach. Typical.
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#15 Dec 14, 2012
poop ninja wrote:
<quoted text>
I've educated myself. Very few people are equipped with the skills and mentality to handle such a situation. Even if somebody is a great shot at the range and likes to dream about taking down bad guys, they'll still be hopped up on adrenaline and probably firing in/near a panicking crowd. It's just as likely that more people would die when the vigilantes accidentally shoot bystanders.
And good luck convincing the cops that you're a good guy before they kill you.
Exactly. These people, who are intoxicated by the gun culture, remind me of "Ralph" from the classic Christmas movie "A Christmas Story". They think, armed with the trusty BB gun, they will defend the family against the always present and lurking gang of masked marauders. A few smartly placed shots and they are heralded as a hero and savior of all that is good.

The bottom line of those who feel the need to continually carry a concealed weapon into normal, everyday society relates not to dangers of society but more to the individual. They want to be that Batman style hero that somehow saves the day and / or they inherently carry a degree of fear with them as it relates to interacting with society.
the only real usa first

Jackson, MO

#16 Dec 14, 2012
Watermark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you find it ironic that "logics" isn't a word in the English language?
Spatial logics are specification logics for describing the behavior and spatial structure of concurrent systems. Logics for concurrent systems are certainly not new, but the intent to describe spatial properties, and in particular the spatial structure of distributed and mobile systems, seems to have arisen only recently. The spatial properties we consider are essentially of two kinds: whether a system is composed of two or more identifiable subsytems, possibly including hierarchies of named locations, and whether a system restricts the use of certain resources to certain subsytems. The latter, in particular, concerns specifying systems that deal with fresh or secret resources such as keys, nonces, channels, or locations.
the only real usa first

Jackson, MO

#17 Dec 14, 2012
LogĀ“ics
n. 1. See Logic.
Sampson II

United States

#18 Dec 14, 2012
the only real usa first wrote:
<quoted text>Spatial logics are specification logics for describing the behavior and spatial structure of concurrent systems. Logics for concurrent systems are certainly not new, but the intent to describe spatial properties, and in particular the spatial structure of distributed and mobile systems, seems to have arisen only recently. The spatial properties we consider are essentially of two kinds: whether a system is composed of two or more identifiable subsytems, possibly including hierarchies of named locations, and whether a system restricts the use of certain resources to certain subsytems. The latter, in particular, concerns specifying systems that deal with fresh or secret resources such as keys, nonces, channels, or locations.
Wow...it says the same thing on the internet. Amazing coincidence.... http://lucacardelli.name/SpatialLogics.htm
CCW

Marion, IL

#19 Dec 14, 2012
What's your misguided view that all but one mass shooting occurred in a gun free zone?

And to set you straight I carry concealed daily, not because I feel the need to but because I have the right to. If I felt I needed to carry to go to town, I would be looking for a new town. I have no desire to ever be in a position to use deadly force, but I will of I am forced.
Guest

United States

#20 Dec 14, 2012
Which brings me to my next point, don't smoke crack!
Lone Wolf

Lincoln, NE

#21 Dec 15, 2012
Watermark wrote:
<quoted text>
As I indicated before, if you and your legal pistol was in place in the majority of the recent active shooter cases, you and your small caliber joke would of been facing a highly motivated, aggressive individual wearing body armor and sporting a 30+ round mag full of high velocity rounds being shot from a military grade assault rifle with a range exceeding 600 meters. I would estimate your chances of survival at 15%.
So educate yourself. And actually consider your chances of survival and then tell you family why Daddy, with his fear of society and the inner need to carry a gun, does just that.
Let me educate you a little

Body armor does not mean bullet proof. You hit someone with body armor 2 or 3 times with a 45 cal shot you will knock the wind out of them enough to slow them down or stop them. You still get the shock of the hit you just dont get the bullet. A trained or even decent shooter could put 3 in the body and one to the head..bang he is dead.

I personally want him to live so I can give him one in the knee to cripple him while he sitts in jail the reast of his life or until I decide to pay an inmate to kill him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cape Girardeau Co. sobriety checkpoint results 14 min ummmmmm 5
Cape 59 min Guest 2
To anyone who has food delieverd to them.... 1 hr Guest 48
News Michael J. Jones 2 hr Bravia 1
war child 4 hr karmasabitch 41
Fabian 5 hr guest 1
Why are so many towns and cities in Little Egyp... 5 hr JanJan 2

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages