1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in ...

1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau

There are 71 comments on the KFVS12 story from May 16, 2013, titled 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau. In it, KFVS12 reports that:

According to Clifton, 20-year-old Alex Hodges was taken from the scene to a hospital where he later died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFVS12.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jackson XXI

United States

#1 May 16, 2013
So sad and such a young man. Prayers for his family.
Nelson Rumsfeld

Campbell, MO

#2 May 16, 2013
So if the teen female driver who killed the young man wasn't drinking, wasn't sleeping and wasn't TEXTING... as has been reported, then what in the Sam Himmel was she doing?
:(

Wood River, IL

#3 May 16, 2013
Nelson Rumsfeld wrote:
So if the teen female driver who killed the young man wasn't drinking, wasn't sleeping and wasn't TEXTING... as has been reported, then what in the Sam Himmel was she doing?
She WAS texting
jewels

Wiggins, MS

#4 May 16, 2013
I was in the ER with my daughter when this girl was in there, it is amazing she walked away with only scratches considering the injuries to the others involved, the only time this girl put her phone down or looked away from it was to fake cry and tell her family she was never going to drive again, then right back down to her phone. According to her and her mother she was driving too fast and missed the curve resulting in her crossing the line and hitting the other car head on. And no I wasn't ease dropping, this girl was loud enough inbetween her texts that anyone in the waiting room could easily hear her. I only pray she will learn from this, she will have to live with the fact her actions and immaturity took the life of a young man and caused great injurys to others. I pray for all involved.
jewels

Wiggins, MS

#5 May 16, 2013
Forgot to mention the other thing she said, when her mother was trying to convince her that they would get her a smaller car that would be easier to drive, she said "no I am not driving anymore, this is the 3rd wreck and I am done driving." I didn't know how old she was but she looked to be 16-17 and all I could think was dang maybe she should lay down the keys Mom, quit pushing her, already has had 3 wrecks!

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 May 16, 2013
jewels wrote:
Forgot to mention the other thing she said, when her mother was trying to convince her that they would get her a smaller car that would be easier to drive, she said "no I am not driving anymore, this is the 3rd wreck and I am done driving." I didn't know how old she was but she looked to be 16-17 and all I could think was dang maybe she should lay down the keys Mom, quit pushing her, already has had 3 wrecks!
She shouldn't be driving. People need to demand her license be taken away.
:(

Wood River, IL

#7 May 16, 2013
Someone please pull the girls phone records. She killed a man. A soon to be father. She needs to be punished. This is horrible and her parents should be ashamed.
whatsup

Oran, MO

#8 May 16, 2013
So sad, but if it's true about her texting, the girl needs to be prosecuted. Used to be, when you were behind a swerving car, the person was drunk. Now they're texting or blabbing on the phone. I was behind a van doing that one day and watched her swipe a mirror of a car on West End.
And

Scott City, MO

#10 May 16, 2013
The girl wasn't texting. She just can't drive. I know the boy's father. Get your facts straight. No point in negative comments this is a tragedy that happened and she doesn't need people being rude I'm she feels bad enough.
mdc1968

Richmond, IN

#11 May 16, 2013
This is a tragedy for both families. Neither will ever be the same. I've known the girl since the day she was born. She isn't evil. She didn't mean for this to happen, and if she could undo it, I'm sure she would. I don't know the victims family real well. I'm praying for them. I can't even imagine what it's like to be them.

United States

#12 May 16, 2013
The newspaper article said the troopers did not charge the girl with texting and driving. Indicated they had found no evidence that she was texting.
nothing new

Oran, MO

#13 May 16, 2013
Guest wrote:
The newspaper article said the troopers did not charge the girl with texting and driving. Indicated they had found no evidence that she was texting.
Because State Troopers NEVER lie? Give me a break.
One who knows

United States

#14 May 16, 2013
The father to be needed to b taking care of the child he brought into this world allready but he wasn't now he had another one by different girl so sad for the kids now the familys have to suffer a loss too.

Willowbrook, IL

#15 May 17, 2013
One who knows wrote:
The father to be needed to b taking care of the child he brought into this world allready but he wasn't now he had another one by different girl so sad for the kids now the familys have to suffer a loss too.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Wtf does it matter if this young man took care of his kid or not? Would that have changed the tragedy that occurred? Please have some respect for the families involved.
Whodathunkit

Centralia, IL

#16 May 17, 2013
She will be uninsurable for years to come!

Cape Girardeau, MO

#17 May 17, 2013
Whodathunkit wrote:
She will be uninsurable for years to come!
And that unborn child will be biological fatherless for a lifetime.
Balance

United States

#18 May 17, 2013
nothing new wrote:
<quoted text>
Because State Troopers NEVER lie? Give me a break.
It should be easy enough to prove one way or the other....pull the phone records. And I'm sure they already have been pulled. I don't see that a state trooper would have any reason to lie in this situation. It was a wreck....these things happen.

Florissant, MO

#19 May 17, 2013
And wrote:
The girl wasn't texting. She just can't drive. I know the boy's father. Get your facts straight. No point in negative comments this is a tragedy that happened and she doesn't need people being rude I'm she feels bad enough.
She couldn't possibly "feel bad" enough to make up for what she's done .

Florissant, MO

#20 May 17, 2013
Guest wrote:
Doesn't mean she won't be charged. There is always an investigation following a fatal crash. She's not off the hook yet.
Jesus Christ Black Jew

Campbell, MO

#21 May 17, 2013
Balance wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be easy enough to prove one way or the other....pull the phone records. And I'm sure they already have been pulled. I don't see that a state trooper would have any reason to lie in this situation. It was a wreck....these things happen.
Balance wrote:
<quoted text>
Her family may be rich. That seems to change the type of justice people receive.

I agree with the young woman. She should not be allowed to drive for fifteen years. Or she should do ten years in a prison!!

Society is really going downhill when people can kill someone else accidentally, or otherwise, and just get a slap on the wrist.

Here's an article about a man who was only videotaping police and he nearly got 75 years in prison. So which crime is worse?

&fe ature=player_embedded

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vinson and SOTO 54 min Guest 20
is Geno the cook dead??? 2 hr u dont know me 2
News Man charged in shooting fellow construction wor... 6 hr 4321 3
Any good clubs in cape? (Oct '09) 7 hr Jim S 22
Susan Smith???? 7 hr Too Much 6
paul cavaness 7 hr HaHa 32
jeff cotner (Feb '11) 9 hr Yep 13

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance