bartenders drugging mixed drinks?

bartenders drugging mixed drinks?

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

elphaba

Cape Girardeau, MO

#1 May 21, 2011
over the last few months, a few of my friends have had some really bad experiences after being served mixed drinks in some local bars. first, let me say that these people are all in their 30's and 40's, not alcoholics, just social drinkers.
a woman that i know went to a bar, not in cape, had one drink and passed out, cold, on the floor.
next, a man that i know had two mixed drinks and was stumbling around and slurring his words, just acting very drunk. again, not in cape.
then, another woman that i know, had two mixed drinks, at a bar in cape. she was more drunk than she had ever been, she can't remember anything from that night.
this has all happened in just the last month. in different towns. have other people had any experiences like this? is this something new that bartenders are doing to get people to drink more? it's surprising that this is happening to so many people that i know, it's starting to concern me, it's very dangerous.
disagree

Chicago, IL

#2 May 21, 2011
elphaba wrote:
over the last few months, a few of my friends have had some really bad experiences after being served mixed drinks in some local bars. first, let me say that these people are all in their 30's and 40's, not alcoholics, just social drinkers.
a woman that i know went to a bar, not in cape, had one drink and passed out, cold, on the floor.
next, a man that i know had two mixed drinks and was stumbling around and slurring his words, just acting very drunk. again, not in cape.
then, another woman that i know, had two mixed drinks, at a bar in cape. she was more drunk than she had ever been, she can't remember anything from that night.
this has all happened in just the last month. in different towns. have other people had any experiences like this? is this something new that bartenders are doing to get people to drink more? it's surprising that this is happening to so many people that i know, it's starting to concern me, it's very dangerous.
I call bullshit. If so UD already have contacted the owners of such bar and if it's ur civil obligation to inform the public anonymously then why not mention the establishments name so others don't go in there and be drugged., till u do that I smell bullshit a mile away

Since: Apr 11

Mars, 4th Planet from Sun

#3 May 21, 2011
that's how i met my 3rd wife.
elphaba

Cape Girardeau, MO

#4 May 22, 2011
it was at 3 different bars, in 3 different towns. one incident, that i know of, at each place. i'm asking if anyone else has had these type of experiences, if it has happened at the same establishments, then maybe the authorities do need to be contacted.
dtak

United States

#5 May 22, 2011
Wow! And all this time I was blaming the alcohol for people acting stupied! Who would have thought?
jen

Baltimore, MD

#6 Oct 13, 2012
I just read an artcle about this issue, and one also was printed in the nov 2012 cosmo. It is not uncommon for bartenders to drug drinks for a profit. In some cases the bartender will charge up to $50 per drink that they roofie. Before people make rude comments about this issue or disregard it they should do their research on it instead.

United States

#7 Oct 14, 2012
Why would a bartender drug someone to sell more drinks? Seems to me that they would water them down if anything. Sell someone one or two drinks and they pass out. Doesn't seem like a very good business model if they make money per drink. Possibly a patron trying to get lucky?
suprised

Fredericktown, MO

#8 Oct 14, 2012
Guys pay the bartenders to make the drugged drink, dumb ass.
suprised

Fredericktown, MO

#9 Oct 14, 2012
Sorry. Shouldn't have name called.

United States

#10 Oct 15, 2012
Surprised, its ok but that's why I mentioned the patron. Still think it is pretty farfetched getting 3 different people to commit felonies in 3 different towns. Never know though
2012theEND

De Soto, MO

#11 Oct 17, 2012
It's the only way i can get a girl. It cost 100dollars
BlueEyes

United States

#12 Oct 17, 2012
2012 you may want to be careful what you say...Hopefully you know your identity can be tracked.
LOL

Jackson, MO

#13 Oct 21, 2012
I don't know any bartenders who would waste good drugs on drugging random people for no apparent reason
snitch me not

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 Sep 23, 2015
LOL wrote:
I don't know any bartenders who would waste good drugs on drugging random people for no apparent reason
Waste drugs! LOL. Ignorance is bliss!
Bartenders can K.M.A. They are the worst. They make side money selling drugs. They are hired by bar patrons to f'k with anyone and they receive special treatment by calling snitches to report DUI & DWI candidates.
udumb

Cape Girardeau, MO

#15 Oct 6, 2015
really your going to blame the bar for people getting drunk and acting stupid
Bill Kahney

Calumet City, IL

#16 Saturday Aug 12
elphaba wrote:
The only reason I'm even looking this up, is because of and incident just last week while out of town. I can be a pretty good drinker, 10 to 12 beers I'm still OK to walk to my room from the hotel bar. But after four beers at a hotel bar and they were tap beers, I woke up in my room no remember a thing!! I did pay my tab but don't remember that or anything else. I was / am still very concerned about what happened! I can't believe a bartender would drug drinks to make people drink more. Especially the way I got, I was done! No more drinking! So my question is do bartenders especially male bartenders in a hotel bar set drugged glasses of side possibly for female patrons that by the end of the night may need help getting back to their rooms? I was with a colleague that night he was drinking bottled beer I was drinking tap beer The bartender was female. But I'm wondering if male bartenders leave glasses that are drugged for females, if this might be what's going on and had forgotten the glass and I was the one that received it?

Madison, WI

#17 Saturday Aug 12
Bill Kahney wrote:
<quoted text>The only reason I'm even looking this up, is because of and incident just last week while out of town. I can be a pretty good drinker, 10 to 12 beers I'm still OK to walk to my room from the hotel bar. But after four beers at a hotel bar and they were tap beers, I woke up in my room no remember a thing!! I did pay my tab but don't remember that or anything else. I was / am still very concerned about what happened! I can't believe a bartender would drug drinks to make people drink more. Especially the way I got, I was done! No more drinking! So my question is do bartenders especially male bartenders in a hotel bar set drugged glasses of side possibly for female patrons that by the end of the night may need help getting back to their rooms? I was with a colleague that night he was drinking bottled beer I was drinking tap beer The bartender was female. But I'm wondering if male bartenders leave glasses that are drugged for females, if this might be what's going on and had forgotten the glass and I was the one that received it?
If I were you, I'd try to remember any sudden onset butthole looseness following the incident you described being personally involved in.
Ricardo montobomb

Chicago, IL

#18 Saturday Aug 12
I had a similar incident at a Cape bar I had one drink felt woozy my friends say I fell to the floor and started acting like a dog I peed on a plant then started chewing on people's shoes I went out into the night till animal control picked me up!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank you Missouri!! 1 hr Middle class 1
solar eclipse glasses 2 hr Guest 8
Fighting Racism in Cape Girardeau, Missouri and... (Jun '11) 3 hr Cindy 19
Carlos Vargas safe campus statement 8 hr GUEST 5
Car alternators, starters and other electrical ... 10 hr Guest 7
Would you support a Medical Marijuana Dispensar... 13 hr Guest 7
Tecumseh the prophet 18 hr Ricardo montobomb 1

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance