First Prev
of 4
Next Last
beck

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Apr 5, 2013
my son was in passenger seat of slumberland truck......my prayers go out to the family of amelia....there was a guy in an 18 wheeler who put out the fire and pulled my son out of the truck by the name of jim henderson.....does anyone know this man....i want to tell him hes a hero and thankyou for saving my sons life....plz help me find this man

United States

#2 Apr 5, 2013
Dang I hated to hear about Amelia, she was a good kid. Glad your son was saved and sorry I don't know the driver.
Hillbilly Jim

United States

#3 Apr 6, 2013
The truck driver did a hell of a job with stopping the truck. His trailer was empty do that helped. He was behind the SUV when the wreck happened. He had all the brakes locked that caused it to jack it to and not to run into any of them. That guy was a good driver. Prayers for the family, what a sad ordeal.
good ole boy

United States

#4 Apr 6, 2013
That sum bitch drivn that slumberland truk needs his butt kicked! She was a nice gal!

United States

#5 Apr 6, 2013
Those drivers tend to be in a big hurry when its friday & near quiting time ! Drive back to town fast to get home. They dnt care.
sicofit

United States

#6 Apr 6, 2013
I'm sure all cell phone records will be subpoenaed will be interesting to see what the insurance companies can find out cause they will

Cape Girardeau, MO

#7 Apr 6, 2013
good ole boy wrote:
That sum bitch drivn that slumberland truk needs his butt kicked! She was a nice gal!
I'm sure his life is miserable right now but accidents unfortunately happen. A seat belt may have saved her life but kids don't understand why there is a seat belt law and so refuse to obey. I'm praying for the families of all involved.
sicofit

United States

#8 Apr 6, 2013
It'll be even more miserable if they find out somebody in that truck was texting or on cell phone when it happened .I'm on the road alot and see people not paying attention to their driving alot ,not saying that's what happened here but it appears as if attention was somewhere else.
me

United States

#9 Apr 6, 2013
Why is KFVS going on and on about she wasn't wearing a seat belt? Even if she did wear a seat belt it would have turned out the same. I could tell that as they were towing it away.
accident

Sikeston, MO

#10 Apr 6, 2013
Hindsight is always 20-20 that road is very dangerous I think there in the process of trying to get it widened. That's no excuse but I'm sure nobody wanted anybody to die that day. Seatbelt or no seatbelt she is gone. Kfvs12 just wants to report a story they should state how many accidents have happened on that road trying to get people aware instead of pointing out peoples mistakes and possibilities try to raise awareness.Running a story into the ground is not good reporting. My sympathy for all party's involved.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#11 Apr 6, 2013
I don't think cell phones were an issue in this case.

United States

#12 Apr 7, 2013
xXwandererXx wrote:
I don't think cell phones were an issue in this case.
Why is this the driver or passenger in Slumberland truck? Only they would know.
me too

Jackson, MO

#13 Apr 7, 2013
me wrote:
Why is KFVS going on and on about she wasn't wearing a seat belt? Even if she did wear a seat belt it would have turned out the same. I could tell that as they were towing it away.
Ok wait. You are saying kfvs went on and on about why she was not wearing a seat belt. So they kept saying it over and over and over? Why? Isn't once enough?
Interesting

Jackson, MO

#14 Apr 7, 2013
beck wrote:
my son was in passenger seat of slumberland truck......my prayers go out to the family of amelia....there was a guy in an 18 wheeler who put out the fire and pulled my son out of the truck by the name of jim henderson.....does anyone know this man....i want to tell him hes a hero and thankyou for saving my sons life....plz help me find this man
Your "son" is posting in the comments section of the SE Missourian story on this crash, saying that Henderson didn't pull anyone out, especially him.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 7, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Why is this the driver or passenger in Slumberland truck? Only they would know.
No I wasn't involved. I did however pull up after the wreck. Time will tell after results of the investigation are made public. I also don't think a seat belt would have saved poor Amelia either as another posted. So kfvs is chasing the wrong story.

United States

#16 Apr 7, 2013
xXwandererXx wrote:
<quoted text>No I wasn't involved. I did however pull up after the wreck. Time will tell after results of the investigation are made public. I also don't think a seat belt would have saved poor Amelia either as another posted. So kfvs is chasing the wrong story.
Im with you on the seat belt thing. KFVS tries to make someone look bad every chance they get! All they had to say is 1 person had died in the crash with a box truck... The seat belt issue is no ones buisiness!!! The family is dealn w enough! That truck should not have got in the other lane!
someone who saw

United States

#17 Apr 7, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Im with you on the seat belt thing. KFVS tries to make someone look bad every chance they get! All they had to say is 1 person had died in the crash with a box truck... The seat belt issue is no ones buisiness!!! The family is dealn w enough! That truck should not have got in the other lane!
Your right the box truck should not have been in the other lane but the driver of the SUV should not have been driving about 80 MPH around that curve. I'm not saying she was the only one in the wrong but I think both were.

Seat belts or not that poor girl did not have a chance. My heart and prayers go out to her hurting family. I'm sure the driver of the Box truck and SUV are hurting as well let's pray for them as well, they did not intend for this to happen.

Location hidden

#18 Apr 7, 2013
I think once the investigation is public alot of people will be shocked to see how wrong they are. Amelia did absolutely nothing but get in the car with a friend. Wearing seat belts was not the cause of this accident.
CellPhone

Cape Girardeau, MO

#19 Apr 7, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Im with you on the seat belt thing. KFVS tries to make someone look bad every chance they get! All they had to say is 1 person had died in the crash with a box truck... The seat belt issue is no ones buisiness!!! The family is dealn w enough! That truck should not have got in the other lane!
But the question was whether they went on and on about the seat belt. I too think that is an exaggeration. There's no way they would just keep saying that over and over.
me

Jackson, MO

#20 Apr 7, 2013
xXwandererXx wrote:
I think once the investigation is public alot of people will be shocked to see how wrong they are. Amelia did absolutely nothing but get in the car with a friend. Wearing seat belts was not the cause of this accident.
So what happened? Was either driver at fault?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Student with knife in Cape School 4 min yeahok 21
Senator Wayne Wallingford Missing 29 min Guest 9
Cape La Croix Apartments 57 min Live There 2
Laura Turpin and Eric Honeycutt (Nov '10) 1 hr Guest 23
Why do black people not work? (Feb '14) 3 hr kewan 71
Health point Steam Room 9 hr guest 17
pierce mason (May '14) 9 hr bendy snake 10
More from around the web

Cape Girardeau People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE