Galloping Goose & Midwest Drifters Me...

Galloping Goose & Midwest Drifters Members

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

First Prev
of 25
Next Last
Honestly asking

Mexico, MO

#1 Oct 3, 2011
Let me start this off by saying I'm not trying to start any shit. I have a question I'd like an honest answer to. But first, there are some things I want to get straight up front.

1.) I'm not a member of any club.
2.) I don't have a problem with MCs, even outlaw MCs, as I've grown up around clubs my whole life. In fact, I respect MCs.
3.) I honestly don't know if any of our local clubs are outlaw (I apologize for my ignorance).

So, here is my question (and it may be dumb)... I was thinking of dressing up as a member of the fictional MC "Sons of Anarchy" from the FX show of the same name for a Halloween party. I was going to put some work into the costume so it would look authentic. Would any members of our local clubs think this is disrespectful? I don't wan't to start a fight / get my ass kicked by bikers. I understand they work hard to earn their patches, and I honestly don't want to offend.

Please advise. Thanks.

“Wit is educated insolence.”

Since: Jun 11

Not logged-in, not me.

#2 Oct 3, 2011
They are going to eat you alive for this.

Since: Sep 11

United States

#3 Oct 3, 2011
Lol, no, do your thing. Everyone knows SOA is fictional and I'm sure you won't be riding around claiming you are some character and that SOA is actually real.

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Oct 3, 2011
Someone getting their butt kicked while dressed as a TV character by a trotting duck, skipping chicken or any other swiftly moving fowl, would be epic!!

United States

#5 Oct 3, 2011
Guest wrote:
Someone getting their butt kicked while dressed as a TV character by a trotting duck, skipping chicken or any other swiftly moving fowl, would be epic!!
That comment would have almost been funny had you not said the most over used, played out word; epic. I'm guessing you wear button up, collar popped shirts and pledge for a fraternity?
DeadStrike

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Oct 3, 2011
Or he spends too much time online (but who doesn't). Epic was netspeak first before the plebs in meatspace picked it up.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#7 Oct 3, 2011
I tried to use "hilarious" but auto-correct had no suggestions for my attempt at it so you got "epic". Like, you can, like, just deal with it.

“Wit is educated insolence.”

Since: Jun 11

Not logged-in, not me.

#8 Oct 4, 2011
Guys, seriously. Quit threadjacking this guy. He has a legitimate question.

United States

#9 Oct 4, 2011
Day-Glo-Dago wrote:
Guys, seriously. Quit threadjacking this guy. He has a legitimate question.
If he is serious, my first comment should suffice for an answer.

“Not actually a tattoed biker”

Location hidden

#10 Oct 5, 2011
Honestly asking wrote:
So, here is my question (and it may be dumb)... I was thinking of dressing up as a member of the fictional MC "Sons of Anarchy" from the FX show of the same name for a Halloween party. I was going to put some work into the costume so it would look authentic. Would any members of our local clubs think this is disrespectful? I don't wan't to start a fight / get my ass kicked by bikers. I understand they work hard to earn their patches, and I honestly don't want to offend.
Please advise. Thanks.
I was interested in this a while back. The only answers I found were: As long as there's no bottom rocker.

However, where are you going for Halloween? Are you going to a place that bikers may frequent? I think you're pretty safe, as long as you make your costume off of the SoA and not GGMC or MWD.

I am NOT affiliated with either group. <--- I need to make sure you're aware of that.
sikeston

Chaffee, MO

#11 Oct 5, 2011
Honestly asking wrote:
Let me start this off by saying I'm not trying to start any shit. I have a question I'd like an honest answer to. But first, there are some things I want to get straight up front.
1.) I'm not a member of any club.
2.) I don't have a problem with MCs, even outlaw MCs, as I've grown up around clubs my whole life. In fact, I respect MCs.
3.) I honestly don't know if any of our local clubs are outlaw (I apologize for my ignorance).
Please advise. thanks.
would you go dressed as a blood?. how about a crip?gangster disciple?this is just a bad idea, I don't think anyone from the purple and gold would attack you, but what about people who would want to make them look bad?

Location hidden

#12 Oct 5, 2011
sikeston wrote:
<quoted text>would you go dressed as a blood?. how about a crip?gangster disciple?this is just a bad idea, I don't think anyone from the purple and gold would attack you, but what about people who would want to make them look bad?
That is a VERY good point, despite the errors.

OP, you could always dress the part of a biker, just don't fly a flag, so to speak.

Saint Mary, MO

#13 Oct 5, 2011
A Tattooed Biker wrote:
<quoted text>That is a VERY good point, despite the errors.

OP, you could always dress the part of a biker, just don't fly a flag, so to speak.
OP, ATB idea is a safe bet. Other than that, if you really wanted to dress as a SOA character, leave off the MC. Get as detailed as you want, just don't put MC on the cut.
super hater

Dexter, MO

#14 Oct 5, 2011
I say Fuçk the MCs!! What are they going to do, beat up every person who owns a bike and dresses up like their favorite TV character?! I've spent almost my entire life in MO, and if I ever decide to rep my state while I ride, I'm going to!! So FuK em!!

Location hidden

#15 Oct 5, 2011
super hater wrote:
I say Fuçk the MCs!! What are they going to do, beat up every person who owns a bike and dresses up like their favorite TV character?! I've spent almost my entire life in MO, and if I ever decide to rep my state while I ride, I'm going to!! So FuK em!!
And, unlike you, the OP has some respect for the MCs in this area. I'm all for free speech. Just know that everything has a price.

Location hidden

#16 Oct 5, 2011
A Tattooed Biker wrote:
<quoted text>
And, unlike you, the OP has some respect for the MCs in this area. I'm all for free speech. Just know that everything has a price.
I feel as if that needed a comma instead of a period. Oh, well.
sikeston

Chaffee, MO

#17 Oct 5, 2011
super hater wrote:
same to you. I said I doubt they would do anything about it. I don't care if you dress as a minstrel show, but I can say there might be people who would, and others who might want them blamed. It doesn't mean you don't have the right. why don't you go do it and tell us how it works out.
super hater

Dexter, MO

#18 Oct 5, 2011
A Tattooed Biker wrote:
<quoted text>And, unlike you, the OP has some respect for the MCs in this area. I'm all for free speech. Just know that everything has a price.
I personally know multiple members of the MWD, and every one of them is trash. I know one that cooks meth on a regular basis. One that sells coke and offers it to everyone because he is so burnt, and one that raped a girl a few years back. That just doesn't sound like a MC that deserves anybody's respect!!
vet

Chicago, IL

#19 Oct 5, 2011
super hater wrote:
<quoted text>I personally know multiple members of the MWD, and every one of them is trash. I know one that cooks meth on a regular basis. One that sells coke and offers it to everyone because he is so burnt, and one that raped a girl a few years back. That just doesn't sound like a MC that deserves anybody's respect!!
I know you don't know any local MWD then, cause that's not goin on in cape.

Location hidden

#20 Oct 5, 2011
super hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally know multiple members of the MWD, and every one of them is trash. I know one that cooks meth on a regular basis. One that sells coke and offers it to everyone because he is so burnt, and one that raped a girl a few years back. That just doesn't sound like a MC that deserves anybody's respect!!
I agree with you. IF those things are happening, that's not a club I would join. Does the entire club do these type of activities, or is it just a select few?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer dodds 3 min Nunya 1
mario and angelas 3 hr guest 1
United Way 4 hr Brother Larry 4
Sprigg Street Still Closed 4 hr Susan 6
itworks 5 hr lee 5
Saint Francis Hospital 6 hr me 17
do not visit the lazy l ranch - they were indicted (Jul '10) 8 hr me 34
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages