Cake Decorating Classes at Hobby Lobby

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

Interested

Sikeston, MO

#1 Jun 17, 2009
I'm from out of town and heard about cake decorating classes at Hobby Lobby.

Does anybody have any info on this such as cost, class length, etc?
no way

Sikeston, MO

#2 Jun 17, 2009
i would also like to know about this cake decorating class

United States

#3 Aug 9, 2009
I'm very interested too!
Leila

Fultondale, AL

#4 Jan 5, 2011
I heard about cake decorating classes at Hobby Lobby and I am very interested
Leila

Fultondale, AL

#5 Jan 5, 2011
I'm very interested
info

Canada

#6 Jan 5, 2011
You can go in or call the store they can give you info. It was about $25 for me orginal cost was $50. They had a half price thing when I joined. Just did the first class. I could have probably taught myself. It was kind of a pain dragging the cake and supplies every week. I'm sure it is helpful if you continue on to other classes. If your just wanting the basic class then buy the book and learn yourself. Oh and the supplies are and additional charge.
Misty

Auburn, AL

#7 Nov 10, 2011
I'm teaching professional cake decorating courses in Trussville/Birmingham. I have many years experience as a cake artist and pastry chef. In the past I have taught students who had already taken one or two of the craft store type classes, they all said that it was definately worth it. In the very first class you will learn tricks for getting a moist, flavorful, tender, flat, even, and smooth cake. These fundamentals are often looked over and yet are the most important and most difficult to master. Classes are very small so there is plenty of one on one time. Contact me at ms.eeyore68@gmail.com for more info.
Anyone

United States

#8 Nov 10, 2011
Would anyone on this thread be interested in gourmet cooking classes?
semosahm

Palmdale, CA

#9 Nov 11, 2011
I had a friend take the class at hobby lobby a year or so ago and she made beautiful cakes! She loved the class and learned a lot. Now she makes professional cakes.
hasty

Escalon, CA

#10 Nov 11, 2011
I took the class a couple months ago and it's really not that difficult, yes you have to make the cakes before class but you can freeze them and make them days before when you have free time. I learned a lot and from when I started to finished there was a big difference. After you take the first class they offer more detailed classes. The supplies can get a little expensive but just wait till hobby lobby has the 40% off coupon and buy the item. I very much enjoyed it!!!
Missourian

Cape Girardeau, MO

#11 Nov 11, 2011
Interested wrote:
I'm from out of town and heard about cake decorating classes at Hobby Lobby.

Does anybody have any info on this such as cost, class length, etc?
I know it sounds crazy, but maybe you could take a little initiative, get off your ass, go to Hobby Lobby and ask an employee. Or call Hobby Lobby. They have phones there.

Blue Springs, MO

#12 Nov 11, 2011
The classes are ok but they seem to make below average bakers suddenly think they are owners of cake businesses. It's more of a scam to get you suckered into buying tons of baking products which you can buy much cheaper online. You Tube has plenty of videos that teach much more!
Diane

Chesterfield, MO

#13 Nov 12, 2011
Missourian wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it sounds crazy, but maybe you could take a little initiative, get off your ass, go to Hobby Lobby and ask an employee. Or call Hobby Lobby. They have phones there.
I know, right! I've been to hobby lobby and see the table set up everytime I go in there. If they would just go in, all the info is RIGHT there like as soon as you walk in!!
stockton

Stockton, CA

#14 Dec 26, 2013
Anyone wrote:
Would anyone on this thread be interested in gourmet cooking classes?
I would where can i go?
smh

Farmington, MO

#15 Dec 26, 2013
stockton wrote:
<quoted text>I would where can i go?
I think the desk is set up at the entrance before u go through the doors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sherri Grippo 12 min lurk 3
First black President 16 min Walmart 6
Task force arrests nearly 2 dozen in Poplar Bluff (Jun '14) 27 min Go Away 49
any restaurants open christmas day? 1 hr guest 1
ENT Doctor (Jan '12) 1 hr guest 19
North Korea WTF 2 hr Operation Northwoods 26
Samantha Farrow (Feb '10) 3 hr kate 35
Cape Girardeau Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cape Girardeau People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cape Girardeau News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cape Girardeau

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:49 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:49PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?
Bleacher Report 8:45 PM
Roethlisberger Proves His Toughness vs. Chiefs
Yahoo! Sports 9:51 PM
Seahawks crush Cardinals to take control of NFC West
ESPN 9:15 AM
Coughlin chides Beckham but likes his edge
Bleacher Report11:15 AM
Dwayne Bowe Injury: Updates on Chiefs Star's Shoulder and Recovery