Who should biracial people date?

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Dallas, TX

#1 Sep 7, 2010
My daughter dates a nice young man who is biracial (black/white). My daughter is white. Some white people I know think she should not date him because he should date black girls. His black side of the family thinks they should not date because she makes him act "too white.". His white side of the family are happy he dates a white girl. I just think of him as a nice young man and as long as he is good to my daughter which he is, I'm happy. He's not black or white. Our white friends think it is terrible that I allow my daughter to date a black guy. He's not black or white and m tired of hearing about it from my friends. Wondering if anyone else has this problem.
Wondering

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 7, 2010
I think things like This are important. Is he a good student? Yes . Does he have goals for his future and work for them? Yes. Does he use drugs or alcohol? No. Does he get in trouble? No. Is he good to my daughter? Yes. Is he faithful? Yes. Is he perfect? No, but I'm not either. I think these traits are mire important than whether or not he is biracial. He is black and white--not black or white. Why does everyone care so much?
Buxton Holmes

Jackson, MO

#3 Sep 8, 2010
They should date people who love, and respect them!

Their is only one race anyway. The Human race. Inside of that are many different ethnic groups, but GOD only created one RACE.

ALL Human have the same number of genes and chromosomes unless they are defective in some manner.

So tell her to look for a handsome fellow of any ethnic group who has a peeder ten inches long, and he can breathe through his earz!
Really

Fredericktown, MO

#4 Sep 8, 2010
Ok so if you are satisfied that he is good enough to date your daughter, and they are happy and it is a healthy relationship, then that should be all that matters. As for your "friends", well I would hardly call anyone a friend if they can pass judgement so horribly. MLK's dream needs to reach a new level.
xgoii

United States

#5 Sep 8, 2010
All races should date who they like and who they are compatible with and who treats them with respect. It is no one's business but the child's parents. Biracial children have it tough not really belonging to one race something the parents don't think about until the child is old enough to tell the parents.
Rotten

Kansas City, MO

#6 Sep 8, 2010
I know they're your family, but sometimes you just gotta say, "[email protected] 'em" and do what's best for your family and yourself. If they bring it up, just look at them quizzically, as though you've never heard such bigotry in your life, and change the subject. It works everytime.
Another tattooed biker

Chicago, IL

#7 Sep 8, 2010
To answer your topic question of "Who should bi-racial people date?" The answer is anyone.
justme

Waterloo, Canada

#8 Sep 8, 2010
Who gives a crap. They are humans just like me(white) and you(black). I am sooooooo tired of the racist idiots on here making a big deal outta nothing. If you dnt like blacks or mixed then get over it. God made them out of the same shit he made me.
Buxton Holmes

Jackson, MO

#9 Sep 8, 2010
Wow! Must be a new group of posters here. Everyone so far makes perfect sense. that is very rare. Is Cape getting better when it comes to White racial attitudes? Or is this just Black people speaking.

Anyway mom, here is what you need to know and so does your teenager.
----------
Wow! Sarah P I agreed with you all the way until the very end where you took a goofy dig at me.

Your issue Liz Shuma which is common among MOST white people is that you are extremely comfortable reading, and listening to others run down Black mercilessly, but you the hair on your neck stands up when someone makes a comment about White people that you don't want to hear.

Saying something like " Many White people enslaved Africans for over 250 years, and made America into the richest and most powerful Nation in the world by doing so." happens to be a historical truth. Saying that does not make someone a racist! They are truth tellers.

Saying that "Black people have a huge problem with drugs, crime, and unwed females" is also true and you won't see me calling someone a liar when they say that. However, I will likely ask them to look deeper into the subject and get at the real reasons behind their behavior. Most people don't want to do that. They prefer to hold on to their shallow, uninformed opinions no matter what proof is given them.

Those types of people are called BIGOTS,and there are dozens of them on this group.

I don't know why you all make this such a difficult issue.

It's simple. If you are talking about superficial, or lightweight topics, then your opinion will usually suffice.

When you start pointing fingers at nonwhite people, religion, and political figures, it is best that you back up your claims with credible information.

If any of you all went to college, surely you remember that you had to write term papers of various lengths. Anywhere from five pages to fifty pages or more.

On all subjects the professor expects that you support your opinions by footnoting and telling them where you found your information.

Nowadays it is very ease to do because if I'm writing a paper about why MOST Caucasians are so hostile towards African Americans, instead of footnoting I can supply a link which shows the person actually talking about my point in a video. There are also dozens of other videos by this person on the same page.
I have never been able to get an active school teacher speak out on this group, but I would think that Youtube and Goggle have become tremendous learning aids for students, and not something of which people should be afraid to use.

So if your goal is to be taken seriously, especially on the three most volatile subjects in America, then you should ALWAYS supply links with your posts, so that those of us who are truly interested in learning something to make us better people, can go look at where you got it.

If you goal is to further divide the ethnic groups, and foment hatred, and eventually civil war,then just continue on posting all the lies and other totally incorrect information that is designed to stir up Whites against Black people.

Since I can't find an active school teacher to speak out, here is a super intelligent Caucasian lady I have met and admired for years.
Dr. Jane Elliott
The event: How racist are you - 1 of 5 EXTREMELY POWERFUL SHE LAYS IT ALL OUT ABOOT WHITE FOLKS. I TRIPLE DARE YOU TO WATCH ALL FIVE PARTS, AND THEN WATCH THE OTHER VIDEOS ABOUT HER.:-) Some of you all will die while trying to watch this. So make sure your underwear/bloomers are clean and your will is made out.

Other excellent information about Jane Elliott
http://www.youtube.com/results...
Hoya

Kansas City, MO

#10 Sep 8, 2010
Buxton...She did the same experiment in the 70's. My professor had us watch it. No one but the professor spoke for next 10 minutes. Pretty eye-opening stuff.
Charlie Label

Jackson, MO

#11 Sep 8, 2010
Hoya wrote:
Buxton...She did the same experiment in the 70's. My professor had us watch it. No one but the professor spoke for next 10 minutes. Pretty eye-opening stuff.
Yes I went to a late meal with Jane when she spoke at the university center here about fifteen years ago. None of the local media even mentioned she was in town.

I found her to be an incredibly fascinating woman myself. I wish there were about one hundred million more Caucasians adults like her. Then America would truly be a beautiful place for everyone.

I still get choked up whenever I watch her videos because it cause all of the things I have suffered in Cape to resurface again.
hmmm

United States

#12 Sep 8, 2010
Justme.....so he made you out of SHI+1? LMAO!!!!!!!
justme

Waterloo, Canada

#13 Sep 8, 2010
hmmm wrote:
Justme.....so he made you out of SHI+1? LMAO!!!!!!!
Hahahaha
Tonya

Jackson, MO

#14 Sep 8, 2010
From one mom to another. I have both sons and daughters when talking of biracial children and wondering who they should date sounds racist sorry. Listen to what you wrote think outside the box like you were a stranger reading it. I look at it like this if the child is a christian, does not do drugs, is a good influence on my child, does well in school, is not abussive to my child at any time then maybe we will try a temp period of dating to see how well it goes but if at any time my child's grades drop or there is any abuse or trouble of any kind going on or I happen to notice a sign of danger I will end the relationship. Since you are the mother of the daughter you get to call the shots as far as how long the temp period will be and once that time frame is over evaluate the situation and if it seems to be ok then go longer and repeat the process. Who cares what others think. That young man did not ask to be who he is but he has to make the best of what he is and if everyone is giving him grief what chance does he have to make something of himself. If you feel in your heart he is a fine young man then stand behind him 100% and tell him everytime you see him your opinion of him but just do not go overboard and include him in some of your family doings so he feels like he belongs. Good luck with this. Same would be if the table was turned and your daughter was having it done to her how would you feel.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#15 Sep 9, 2010
Buxton Holmes wrote:
Wow! Must be a new group of posters here. Everyone so far makes perfect sense. that is very rare. Is Cape getting better when it comes to White racial attitudes? Or is this just Black people speaking.
Anyway mom, here is what you need to know and so does your teenager.
----------
Wow! Sarah P I agreed with you all the way until the very end where you took a goofy dig at me.
Your issue Liz Shuma which is common among MOST white people is that you are extremely comfortable reading, and listening to others run down Black mercilessly, but you the hair on your neck stands up when someone makes a comment about White people that you don't want to hear.
Saying something like " Many White people enslaved Africans for over 250 years, and made America into the richest and most powerful Nation in the world by doing so." happens to be a historical truth. Saying that does not make someone a racist! They are truth tellers.
Saying that "Black people have a huge problem with drugs, crime, and unwed females" is also true and you won't see me calling someone a liar when they say that. However, I will likely ask them to look deeper into the subject and get at the real reasons behind their behavior. Most people don't want to do that. They prefer to hold on to their shallow, uninformed opinions no matter what proof is given them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Cx3v5okNztMXX
Other excellent information about Jane Elliott
http://www.youtube.com/results...
ok first of all, your opening paragraph shows your ignorance, as if white racial attitudes r the only ones needing addressing. as far as your advice to look into reasons of drug use and broken homes, how the fuck would u know the reasons? how many millions of people r we talking about here? have u actually spoken personally to that many people? all we know for sure r the numbers dude. if u want to devote your life to door knocking the ghettos and find out why they r fucked up have at it, not like they will give honest answers. we r still getting flak for what white people did long before any of us white people were alive. to connect any white people today to the ones who were involved with slavery makes u just as racist as they were. the only "informed" opinions u will get from me r those i have seen stats backing up. if u want to look at the same stats, they r easy to find and dont change much. can u spell google? u r in a sense worse than the blacks we speak of as u make excuses with what u think r intelligent posts in hopes u will detur people like me from the truth. as ive said in former posts, drug dealers dont want u to know they deal drugs, that makes it harder for them to do their shit. until u have proof of why so many black people act like retards its just speculation. so once the dust settles here on topix, what do we have? me a white guy telling u that black stats r worse than white stats. then we have u claiming there is some amazing reason for this which is not their fault. thats it, me stating facts and u making excuses. funny world isnt it.
me in cape

United States

#16 Sep 9, 2010
date who the hell they want.

“Life's hard. Wear a helmet.”

Since: Nov 09

Sedgewickville, MO

#17 Sep 9, 2010
Race should have nothing to do with the equation. Everyone is attracted to something different. Love is love is love when it all comes down to it. I say that you're doing a wonderful job supporting your daughter. If this boy is treating her well and has the mother's seal of approval, I say to hell with what anyone else thinks.

My hat is off to you three (mother, daughter, and boyfriend) for putting up with idiots who are obviously not up to date with the modern world.
Wondering

Dallas, TX

#18 Sep 10, 2010
Thank you for all the suportive comments. This is now a 2-year-long relationship and sometimes I get weary from defending this--especially when my husband and I both really enjoy this young man and don't feel as if there is anything to defend. I need to toughen up I guess and maybe I will reevaluate who some of my friends are.
Jazow

Chicago, IL

#19 Sep 10, 2010
Wondering wrote:
I think things like This are important. Is he a good student? Yes . Does he have goals for his future and work for them? Yes. Does he use drugs or alcohol? No. Does he get in trouble? No. Is he good to my daughter? Yes. Is he faithful? Yes. Is he perfect? No, but I'm not either. I think these traits are mire important than whether or not he is biracial. He is black and white--not black or white. Why does everyone care so much?
Stand your ground. If he is a good person and treats your daughter well, that is all that matters. If your "friends" are that concerned, they aren't really your friends anyway.
parent

Arnold, MO

#20 Sep 10, 2010
One parent to another...im only 18 years old and i have a 7 month old biracial child...im white and her dad is black. Most of my family looked down on me not only because i got pregnant my Jr. year in high school and had her my Sr. year but she is "mixed" they told be i wouldnt graduate from school and that mixed kids have a harder life that just "white and black" kids but i graduated top of my class and proved all them wrong because now they want to call and see her all the time when all they did was bitch at me cuz i got pregnant by a black guy...basically im trying to say dont worry about what people have to say... if they are happy then thats great and nothing should come between their happiness

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cape public school is infested with bed bugs an... 15 min Guest 15
Chris Ulrich 53 min Guest 19
Tired of seeing black people using electric whe... (Mar '10) 4 hr Cleveland 122
Does anyone have a scientific answer for why Wh... 7 hr Really 33
looking for old dfs worker (May '15) 9 hr WTF 16
who is in jail??? 12 hr Paul 2
Cistom Cut 13 hr Chris 3

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance