Anonymous

Fairfax, VA

#1 Jan 10, 2013
I just moved here a couple months ago and was wondering if any of the locals have an explanation as to what that smell is. I've only smelled it a few times, but it's always at night and it's around the walgreens and k-mart area of kingshighway. It's godawful and smells a bit like burning rubber and the dusty smell your heater makes the first time you've turned it on for the winter.

Fairfax, VA

#2 Jan 10, 2013
It's the plastic plant off of Independance. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. I think it's called Spartec
MrNiceGuy

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3 Jan 10, 2013
Yeah we're breathing those fumes too! Next time you get a whiff keep driving down independence until you get to west end. It's even worse!
the smell

Kentwood, LA

#4 Jan 10, 2013
It is a plastic plant over by Arena park i don't remember the name.
but i assume it is certain kind of chemical or plastic they use because it doesn't happen all of the time and its been that way for years I've been in cape for 40 years and it has always been that way.

Jackson, MO

#6 Jan 10, 2013
Spartech
Anonymous

Fairfax, VA

#7 Jan 10, 2013
Oh, well now I know. I'm sure it can't be healthy breathing in those fumes.
Cape guy

United States

#8 Jan 11, 2013
I think it's the people that go to K Mart is making that stink.
Jrt

Ottawa, KS

#10 Jan 11, 2013
Good thing is Spartech is in Arena Park so all the children can enjoy the fumes too.... just another hidden gem that makes the CG a wonderful place to grow up hahaha

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Jan 11, 2013
Depending on the Wind, on the Hill behind Wood and Houston BAnk and by BlockBuster they spray weed killer in the springtime and if you are driving by you nearly pass out from the fumes. They have 1 little guy out there spraying, no mask or anything. The worst use to be the Sheep out by WalMart on a damp night. Peeeeeeeyou.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Jenkins is a hooker 40 min Mike 5
Trumps shutdown! Republican CONTROL 1 hr Smackdown2017 1
Thank You President Trump 1 hr Smackdown2017 38
Neighborhood Walmart 2 hr Arctic Fox 7
Biased KFVS -TV News (Oct '12) 3 hr Tired of it all 24
Sunny Crocker 9 hr Mike 5
anyone ever let wife be seduced by another guy. wa (Sep '14) 10 hr 3somefun 176

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance