Lyin Brian Alworth is a Jerk

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Truth

Wentzville, MO

#1 Oct 4, 2009
Brian Alworth, what is with the attitude? I've said hi to you a number of occasions and your just a prick. You aren't a movie star. Hell your not even a good weather man. So where does this ego come from? You should be happy people want to talk to you. I guess you don't know shit about public relations.
R Limbaugh

Jackson, MO

#2 Oct 5, 2009
He always talks to me in a friendly manner.
How are you dressed when you approach him? Do you look like Charles Manson?

Are you dressed like a funky biker or something? does your voice exude aggressiveness, race hatred and ignorance? That might be it.
brian responds

Fulton, MO

#3 Oct 5, 2009
After 20 years one gets a pretty thick skin, but I was a bit surprised to see these comments. I've never knowingly copped an attitude- I'm just a normal guy (not too smart, not too good-looking) that got interested in weather as a kid and is lucky enough to talk about it on TV. I'm always more than happy to talk to anyone about weather or photography (my other big interest.)
Looking at these other comments about KFVS people- remember that you're talking about nice people with real feelings. At a smaller station like ours very few develop the big egos that you might find in big cities; to be honest we don't get paid that much!
No One

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2009
I wouldn't sweat it Brian, no matter who you are, someone on this site will have something bad to say.

Topix used to be a news site , now it's nothing but gossip, slander , put downs , and sometimes out right lies.
duh

United States

#5 Oct 5, 2009
yeah dont trip over it brian. these ppl have nothing else better to do with their lives than bash good ppl. i have always liked u and i love watching u. u always seem to brighten up the news with ur little jokes and stories. keep up the great work and tell holly the same :)
Regular Joe

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6 Oct 5, 2009
Yeah Brian, you've got nothing to worry about really. Some people seem to think its a good idea to bash others to make their lives better. Cool to know that you're big into photography, do you do still life or action shots?
Hate Ignorance

Jackson, MO

#7 Oct 5, 2009
R Limbaugh wrote:
He always talks to me in a friendly manner.
How are you dressed when you approach him? Do you look like Charles Manson?
Are you dressed like a funky biker or something? does your voice exude aggressiveness, race hatred and ignorance? That might be it.
Just what the man needs, a racist bigot trying to be friends with him. You probably don't even know who these folks are even talking about.

Do yourself a favor and go read a book. You may actually learn something.
R Limbaugh

Jackson, MO

#8 Oct 5, 2009
Hate Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what the man needs, a racist bigot trying to be friends with him. You probably don't even know who these folks are even talking about.
Do yourself a favor and go read a book. You may actually learn something.
I've read thousands of books watched thousands of news show, and watched thousands of Youtube videos where experts speak.

That's how I know so much.

You are the one who needs to go read something besides Humpty Dumpty, The Big bad wolf, Davy Crockett, and Dan'l Boone.

Then perhaps you would be able to speak out to world honestly and factually without making an arse of yousesef!:-)
Hate Ignorance

Jackson, MO

#9 Oct 5, 2009
R Limbaugh wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read thousands of books watched thousands of news show, and watched thousands of Youtube videos where experts speak.
That's how I know so much.
You are the one who needs to go read something besides Humpty Dumpty, The Big bad wolf, Davy Crockett, and Dan'l Boone.
Then perhaps you would be able to speak out to world honestly and factually without making an arse of yousesef!:-)
So you're a "YouTube" expert? Oh, I am so sorry I insulted you and your valuable education. You have to be kidding me. You actually consider that watching biased news programs and YouTube videos gives you educated credibility? Give me a break.
I have read tons of books, watched lots of videos, and many news programs too. But I also have two college degrees and a third in progress. Not to mention many other certifications to boot. Does that make me any better than anyone else. No, it does not. But it does enable me to make better decisions regarding perspectives on how things work.
Watching television and reading books does not qualify you as a scholar. Better luck next time.
The Truth

Wentzville, MO

#10 Oct 5, 2009
Actually Brian I've ran into you several times at the gym and at the recycling center. By the way I'm not a biker or Charles Manson (which shouldn't make a difference). Maybe I came off like a jerk but I've tried being curtious and nice to you several times and you've never said one word to me. Just snubbed your nose and walked off. I was just wondering what the deal was? Why the ego? Perhaps you didn't hear me but I'm not the only person who feels this way. R Limbaugh whats with the race comment? I'm just another WHITE guy. Are you racist?
R Limbaugh

Jackson, MO

#11 Oct 5, 2009
Hate Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a "YouTube" expert? Oh, I am so sorry I insulted you and your valuable education. You have to be kidding me. You actually consider that watching biased news programs and YouTube videos gives you educated credibility? Give me a break.
I have read tons of books, watched lots of videos, and many news programs too. But I also have two college degrees and a third in progress. Not to mention many other certifications to boot. Does that make me any better than anyone else. No, it does not. But it does enable me to make better decisions regarding perspectives on how things work.
Watching television and reading books does not qualify you as a scholar. Better luck next time.
Ok I'm glad to hear that. Now share something with us about the race issue, about the mideast Crisis, or about the Health Care issue that would make sense to Jesus Christ. Remember now he said to "Heal the sick and the lame."
Average Guy

Wentzville, MO

#12 Oct 5, 2009
Yeah you've blown me off too. So I took it that way.
R Limbaugh

Jackson, MO

#13 Oct 5, 2009
The Truth wrote:
Actually Brian I've ran into you several times at the gym and at the recycling center. By the way I'm not a biker or Charles Manson (which shouldn't make a difference). Maybe I came off like a jerk but I've tried being curtious and nice to you several times and you've never said one word to me. Just snubbed your nose and walked off. I was just wondering what the deal was? Why the ego? Perhaps you didn't hear me but I'm not the only person who feels this way. R Limbaugh whats with the race comment? I'm just another WHITE guy. Are you racist?
No I am not Racist in the negative sense that I hate everyone who has a skin color different from mine.

I'm racist in the positive sense that I want to see my ethnic group start doing more positive things with their lives so they don't have to spend it all in prison, or in a coffin.

I want my people to understand the vicious nature of MOST Caucasians. They are not normal people. They rush to violence every time their nonsense is questioned by nonwhite people.
Auction Boy

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Oct 5, 2009
I have known Brian since he came to Cape to work at KFVS. He has always been a great guy to know and communicate with...anyone who has had a problem probably deserves it. Brian is also a high quality photographer who has had a number of his photographs exhibited at the Conservation Center.
whaat

United States

#15 Oct 5, 2009
R Limbaugh wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not Racist in the negative sense that I hate everyone who has a skin color different from mine.
I'm racist in the positive sense that I want to see my ethnic group start doing more positive things with their lives so they don't have to spend it all in prison, or in a coffin.
I want my people to understand the vicious nature of MOST Caucasians. They are not normal people. They rush to violence every time their nonsense is questioned by nonwhite people.
Now we have positive racist and negative racist. I do know one thing. I'm positive your a racist.
The Truth

Wentzville, MO

#16 Oct 5, 2009
I'm glad Brian has been nice to you forever. Maybe I got the wrong impression. At least I got a response from him here on topix which is more than I got in person. I'm sure you all think I'm a prick but it seems these days we are surrounded by rude people. Nobody holds doors open for people anymore. Nobody says please and thank you or anything at all. I just thought as a local person everyone knows I thought that he would be polite. I've met Mary Ann several times and she has always been very nice. I'm just a nice guy that when I say "Hey how are you?" I expect a response. Wouldn't you? R Limbaugh your're just plain weird.

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Oct 5, 2009
Have you ever thought people have bad days? Just because he is on TV he is still human. Maybe he had too much going on trying to get things done like so many of us do. When he is at the gym Im sure he is trying to get a work out in and maybe peace...I know thats what I do. I dont mean to be rude but its not social time for me. And the recycling center, not exactly the social environment. Now I may see if you ran into him at the mall or even standing in line at the store but even then people are so busy these days trying to get too much done in one day. Leave the working man alone!!
The Truth

Wentzville, MO

#18 Oct 5, 2009
Bad days? Ok maybe but I see him all the time and I refuse to acknowledge him now. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt but he's been rude to me and a lot of people several times. Some guys I know at a gas station says he's rude to everyone there all the time. I know you're his buddy and taking up for him but The Truth is he has an attitude. He isn't better than anyone else. He as well as everyone on this forum is human. See I agreed with you. But, it isn't hard to say good how are you? Its just common courtesy. I'm not some fan or anything I and many others just find him rude. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE: BRIAN IS WALKING BY AND I SAY HI HOWS IT GOING BRIAN RESPONDS. HUMPH AND CONTINUES TO WALK BY. SORRY THATS SNOBBY! AND IT'S HAPPENED ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION. JUST A CASUAL HELLO. NOT A STAR TREK CONVENTION MOBBING. JUST HELLO. NOW NEXT TIME SOMEONE BLOWS YOU OFF DON'T SAY A WORD BECAUSE THEY ARE PROBABLY TOO "BUSY". Give me a break. He could at least apologize.
R Limbaugh

Jackson, MO

#19 Oct 6, 2009
whaat wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we have positive racist and negative racist. I do know one thing. I'm positive your a racist.
In all the months you have been here, nearly 100% of the time you attack the person, and you don't seem to be able to refute their message. Do you have any idea at all how goofy that makes you look? Are you a preteen or something similar.

Your powers of logic, and reason seem totally absent.
Wondering

United States

#20 Oct 6, 2009
Why do you all care so much if he talks to you or not? Not everyone in this world is going to like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scandals in Cape and Jackson 19 min Guest 10
Dr Ray (May '13) 36 min Guest8 21
Salvation 1 hr Jai 520
Really, Topix? 3 hr Guest 2
Robberies in dutchtown 3 hr FullyloDed 7
PSA Suspected dog nappers 4 hr Guest 5
jerking off in public 4 hr country boy 16
More from around the web

Cape Girardeau People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE