Missouri merit system written exam

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

Guest 24

United States

#1 Apr 27, 2009
Does anyone have any experience with the written merit exam for state jobs? How does it take and what type of testing is it.
please

Jackson, MO

#2 Apr 27, 2009
there are diffrent tests for diffrent jobs. are you refering to the one for a cook an May 2nd?
state worker

Sikeston, MO

#3 Apr 27, 2009
Guest 24 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with the written merit exam for state jobs? How does it take and what type of testing is it.
A binder of state JOB OPPORTUNITIES is located at the career center or state employment office. After you fill out the state merit exam application the state will determine wheather or not you are qualified for the job you are seeking. You can list several jobs preferences on the app. Make a copy of the application after you complete it because you may need to fill out another one later on. If found to be qualified the state will send you a notice when the written test is available and where. The test is multiple choice and may be 100 to 150 questions long. A score of 70 is passing. Depending on how many people are qualified and seeking that particular position you will be sent a notice for a personal interview. If you score in the top 10% you will be interviewed. However, depending on test scores they may only send out 20 or 30 notices. Not all of the people who are sent notices will respond which may increase your chances. If you are a veteran you will also be given five points veterans preference which can substantially improve your score. Good Luck!!!
Thanks

Centerview, MO

#4 Oct 3, 2011
please wrote:
there are diffrent tests for diffrent jobs. are you refering to the one for a cook an May 2nd?
I would like to know about those particular questions, if you wouldn't mind. I just need some examples of the harder ones. I'm guessing it's going to be similar to a health department test with temps and times, do you have any idea?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's bad trade 2 min Hahaha 39
others panties 42 min horn dog 22
Nikia 46 min Observant Guest 2
Brooke Redfering 1 hr Guest 43
Does anybody want to go do something tonight? 3 hr guest 10
Souheast Hospital is closing by the end of 2015 4 hr Bill 75
why is it so hard to meet a good woman? 5 hr hatenastymen 87
Shooting in Gordonville 14 hr craig 13
Cape Girardeau Dating
Find my Match