nurse

Sainte Genevieve, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

There are many complications that can come along with a neurosurgery. I think out of the neurosurgeons in Cape, Dr Gibbs is one of the best. He is definitely the best of his partners. Dr Vaught is a jerk and is rude to patients, families and staff he is working with. Tolentino is a big baby that yells when he does not get his way. Dr Ray is a quack! He may have some skills, but he lets his assistant, who IS NOT a surgeon do all of his work. Dr Yingling is absolutely wonderful!!!!! Dr Park is great, but on sabatical and Dr Haywood is a little unsure of himself and has a student working with him or something like that.
ben casey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

He accidently took out my lung
Is this a joke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

ben casey wrote:
Are you for real? Seriously he did back surgery on me and Ive never felt better. What the hell happened? Im really curious
loco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Gibbs just did surgery on my sister and really f'd her up. Now she is in more pain and numb from the groin down, and now he says he needs to go back in and correct it. I wouldnt let him work on my dog.
surely not

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Dr. Gibbs is a very good neurosurgeon. Dr. Park screwed me up. He has left the country for he's own good.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

ben casey wrote:
neurosurgeons don't touch the lung you would need a thoracic surgeon to remove your lung so to everyone out there yes this is a lie
14U2NV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

GUEST- your right it is a lie. I have been an RN at St. Francis Medical center in the ICU for over 20yr's & let me tell you all something. EVERY DR. named on here is FABULOUS at what they do. Not all of them are great in EVERY single way but they are all highly qualified & some of the best at what they do. Dr.'s Bender & Ray are 2 of the best Cardiovascular Surgeions between here & St. Louis. I have degenerative disk disease & had back surgery in October of 2006 & Dr's. Park & Hayward did my surgery(by the way, thats how you spell it "NURSE", you must not be a nurse around here or you would've known that). I had 7 disks replaced w/cadaver bone put in. I have a 28in. scar going up my back & had $200 plus thousand dollars total in bills(before insurence & employee hospital discount). My surgery was 11hr's long & 4 months of recovering. I cried almost everyday of that & YET I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I FEEL FABULOUS! I've known Dr. Park for many years & is a wonderful man. He only did about 2hr's of my surgery & Harward did the rest. They are FABULOUS DR'S!! You all need to try it before you critisize. Just like in everyday life, we all make mistakes sometime, somewhere. Dr's. Yingling, Park, Lee, Hayward, Gibb, Vaught, Tolentino. They are ALL GREAT DR'S. Stop critisizeing cause you may need them sometime & then you'll be going back saying how good they were.
wondering

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Dr. Park did my 1st surgery on my back and a year later Dr. Ray had to repair Dr. Parks mistakes.I am doing great now.
hotdoc

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Dr. Gibbs is a great doctor. He took care of my mother and the whole team at S.E. was great. The only problem I had was with Dr. Lee. "That man is a nut" He told my 80 mother at 10:30 pm when none of us was there that she had cancer throughout her body. I filed a compliant and he was gone with in a mouth.

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

14U2NV wrote:
GUEST- your right it is a lie. I have been an RN at St. Francis Medical center in the ICU for over 20yr's & let me tell you all something. EVERY DR. named on here is FABULOUS at what they do. Not all of them are great in EVERY single way but they are all highly qualified & some of the best at what they do. Dr.'s Bender & Ray are 2 of the best Cardiovascular Surgeions between here & St. Louis. I have degenerative disk disease & had back surgery in October of 2006 & Dr's. Park & Hayward did my surgery(by the way, thats how you spell it "NURSE", you must not be a nurse around here or you would've known that). I had 7 disks replaced w/cadaver bone put in. I have a 28in. scar going up my back & had $200 plus thousand dollars total in bills(before insurence & employee hospital discount). My surgery was 11hr's long & 4 months of recovering. I cried almost everyday of that & YET I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I FEEL FABULOUS! I've known Dr. Park for many years & is a wonderful man. He only did about 2hr's of my surgery & Harward did the rest. They are FABULOUS DR'S!! You all need to try it before you critisize. Just like in everyday life, we all make mistakes sometime, somewhere. Dr's. Yingling, Park, Lee, Hayward, Gibb, Vaught, Tolentino. They are ALL GREAT DR'S. Stop critisizeing cause you may need them sometime & then you'll be going back saying how good they were.
Dr Ray is not a cardiovascular surgeon for one. I work in the OR with all of these guys, and if I were to be put on the or table for back surgery I would choose Dr Yingling. 2nd choice Dr Tolentino. Yes he can act like a little kid sometimes, but he is very smart and talented.

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

Dr Park IS a Quack and you will receive hardware (screws and plates) in your back regardless of your issues. You will be screwed up for life. (His brother owns the hardware company.)

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Dr Hayward is the best by far. Ask anyone!
Jerry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Avoid all surgery at all costs, especially back and neck surgery.
titty babies

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Look, I have worked OR, RECOVERY AND CRITICAL CARE. I have worked with all of these surgeons. Neurosurgeons, as a rule, are a bunch of toddler acting babies. It is just a fact of life. I have been an RN for 20 years so I can tell you that many surgeons and other physicians are needy, whiny, and act childish as hell sometimes, like we all can be,only theirs is 24/7. I have to say though that ALL of the neuro surgeons are a bunch of rude, self centered, in competition with one another( they think) CHILDREN. They act like this because the hospitals here do not back up their Nurses and allow them to be big babies. Gibbs thinks he is God. What an ego. He turns his head if he meets a Nurse in the hallway to keep from speaking to them. I have had instrumants thrown at me, and been called every name in the book. This happened to me and almost every nurse I know who worked with them. So that said, GO North. You won't believe the difference in 1. your bill, 2. the way your surgeon treats you. 3. how quickly things get done . 4. How different and pleasant the experince is. 5. You won't get " Milked " for a bunch of doctor visit that were not needed in order to get more money. 6.Your surgeon will actually still care about you even AFTER your insurance pays the bill. SERIOUSLY, GO NORTH, WE ARE SO BACKWARD HERE IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
really

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

14U2NV wrote:
A surgery and pain med addicted nurse who can't spell. really? lmao
gibbs patient

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

I broke two vertabrae two summers ago. Southeast placed me with Dr. Gibbs immediately after. He happened to be on vacation for the entire first two weeks. I called his office on several occasions trying to seek care, when I was in severe pain. Once, I finally was able to schedule an appointment it was with a resident. This person, was wonderful. Once Gibbs was back from vacation, he seemed very uncaring and indifferent to my situation. He was of no help at all. This seems to be the case everytime I or a family member has been to Southeast. Since, I have been to St. Francis Hospital, the care I recieved went above and beyond my needs. I appreciate the hardworking and caring individuals who work there.

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

nurse wrote:
There are many complications that can come along with a neurosurgery. I think out of the neurosurgeons in Cape, Dr Gibbs is one of the best. He is definitely the best of his partners. Dr Vaught is a jerk and is rude to patients, families and staff he is working with. Tolentino is a big baby that yells when he does not get his way. Dr Ray is a quack! He may have some skills, but he lets his assistant, who IS NOT a surgeon do all of his work. Dr Yingling is absolutely wonderful!!!!! Dr Park is great, but on sabatical and Dr Haywood is a little unsure of himself and has a student working with him or something like that.
What about dr godbey?
Jerry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Read what I said before....then Go North if you actually require any work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Cape Girardeau Forum right now

Search the Cape Girardeau Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roller Derby Everywhere (Mar '12) 1 hr Uninformed 68
Whats Fox lying about today 1 hr Rocketdog 9
MOST White people lack empathy for Brown and Bl... (Jan '13) 1 hr Bobbie 55
Sharonica 1 hr truth be told 22
Holly Brantley (KFVS) usually drunk? 1 hr Vincent Brown 55
Red Star District 2 hr I just know 3
Patrick Owens 3 hr Omgwtfry 1
•••
•••