Dr. Hayword, Dr. Fonn, or Dr. Gibbs
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
that girl

United States

#44 Jul 6, 2012
U need to get ur facts straight non
Of his staff members ever have a bad thing to say about him... Ur just made bc u prolly didn't get want u wanted. And he only does surgery at st Francis.
that girl

United States

#45 Jul 6, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually i did check my facts. Dr. Fonn's office was shut down a couple months ago and he lost his privileges at the hospital for a short period of time. I had some one check into this for me after I heard this from another person in the medical field that supplies area providers with braces. The man is a fraud and if you look him up, he has had issues with ethics in the past. I had the opportunity to interview for a medical assistant position at his office a couple years ago, after he offered me the position i turned it down after i asked several people that I knew at area hospitals that worked with him and they all replied the same. Rude and unprofessional. One of them was a nurse in the icu at Saint Francis that told me that Dr. Fonn's patients get alot of infections and are put in the icu and he is rude to all medical staff and patients. I did not want to work for anyone that had a bad reputation. I also heard how he treated his employees. If you had a personal experience with him that you believe was a great one, luck you. I am not getting paid by Brain and Neurospine clinic to post on here. this is just my personal opinion because of the fact that I have personally worked for this clinic and know that all the doctors are great neurosurgeons. I think very highly of Dr. Gibbs. He did my monthers surgery in 2000 and he was great then and still is. All of the providers there are at a totally different level as Dr. Fonn. I would not be surprised to see Dr. Fonn finally be caught for medicare fraud. Why don't you get your facts straight.
Oh and by the way....why would Dr. Fonn's patients come to Brain and Neurospine clinic after Dr. Fonn.....oh I know why....because he has screwed something up and they have to fix it and do it right. Why is this...because Dr. Fonn is an idiot!!!!!!!!!!
Obviously u need to check ur facts again bc his office wasn't shut down a couple months ago.. Bc I've been going to him so maybe u need to get ur facts straight

Scott City, MO

#46 Jul 6, 2012
I turned down the job thank you. Pay and benefits sucked and he gave me the creeps. Also I listened to the people I spoke with. I wasn't going to work for a physician that had a bad reputation.
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so mad cause he didn't hire you hahaha!!!!

Scott City, MO

#47 Jul 6, 2012
I did check my facts. Okay he was seeing patients shortly after his office got raided and he wasn't able to practice at st Francis for a short period of time. He had to cancel surgeries. So he is brig watched and I hope he gets shut down for good soon. He is not a good surgeon.
that girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously u need to check ur facts again bc his office wasn't shut down a couple months ago.. Bc I've been going to him so maybe u need to get ur facts straight
welder12003

Carlsbad, NM

#48 Sep 25, 2012
Thankful wrote:
Take it from someone who owes her life to Dr. Gibbs. I had a bleeding brain aneurysm in Dec of 1998. With my family told that I had a 10% chance of surviving the surgery he would like to AirVac me to St. Louis but the trip alone would be enough to kill me, they agreed to keep me at SEMO hosp and proceed with the surgery. THANK GOD! I am one of his walking miracles. I thank God for Dr. Gibbs each and every day. If it were me - Dr. Gibbs would be my first choice.
I dont no about medicare fraud but we are having our insurence cmpy do a complete audit of our bills there, we paid every bill when my husband went to see him in august, we have very good insurence,our problem is we cant get the girl over workmens comp and disabililty (robin Brown) to send our records to them, she laughs and says she hasnt recieved a request from them. we are on week 7 of no income and this woman thinks its funny! I have seen the call records from our cmpy, and theres only 1 return call from her in there, they are not proffecinal and dont care what happens to you when you leave there, they got there money.......
Tru Life

United States

#49 Sep 25, 2012
To guest that didn't take the job with Dt. Fonn that was an intelligent move. To That Girl that says NONE of his staff members ever have a bad thing to say about Dr. Fonn, I know 2 that have quite a few bad things to say. I would suggest that you do some Internet research on Fonn too. Interesting reading.

Scott City, MO

#50 Oct 14, 2012
Thanks! I did my research on the internet and I asked a few ppl that worked with him either in his office or at SFMC. Heard he treated his workers like crap cuz he has a god like complex and heard from an ICU nurse that a lot of his patients end up with infection or worse and that his bedside manor was horrible to both patient and staff at the hospital. Go elsewhere! Do not go to him. If u don't wanna go to BNSC at least go to Dr Scott or yingling. They r better than fonn! Just sharing what I've heard and try to help those in need of a neurosurgeon. Fonn takes Medicaid but like I told my mom that has Medicaid because she is disabled, I would rather pay $25 a visit and 10% of a procedure at BNSC versus having to take my chances with a quack like doctor like fonn. That is what brain and neurospine offer to Missouri Medicaid patients to help them out.
Tru Life wrote:
To guest that didn't take the job with Dt. Fonn that was an intelligent move. To That Girl that says NONE of his staff members ever have a bad thing to say about Dr. Fonn, I know 2 that have quite a few bad things to say. I would suggest that you do some Internet research on Fonn too. Interesting reading.
Sounds fishy

Scott City, MO

#51 Aug 20, 2014
guest wrote:
Thanks! I did my research on the internet and I asked a few ppl that worked with him either in his office or at SFMC. Heard he treated his workers like crap cuz he has a god like complex and heard from an ICU nurse that a lot of his patients end up with infection or worse and that his bedside manor was horrible to both patient and staff at the hospital. Go elsewhere! Do not go to him. If u don't wanna go to BNSC at least go to Dr Scott or yingling. They r better than fonn! Just sharing what I've heard and try to help those in need of a neurosurgeon. Fonn takes Medicaid but like I told my mom that has Medicaid because she is disabled, I would rather pay $25 a visit and 10% of a procedure at BNSC versus having to take my chances with a quack like doctor like fonn. That is what brain and neurospine offer to Missouri Medicaid patients to help them out.
<quoted text>
Lets see... you didn't go to him, but badmouth him like you did. And claim to know all these people that your getting 'insider' information from. If you had kept it to just one thing it would have been more believable. So... looking at the internet, there are a ton of patients that apparently post up good reviews about him. And it seems like he has a staff that just keeps getting bigger and bigger - if he was so awful why do people keep wanting to get hired there? Sounds like hes lucky you didn't take your business there, if you didn't make that up too.
Sour Grapes

Louisville, KY

#52 Aug 21, 2014
Sounds like someone didn't get a job and now their out to bust the guy down. Bet he smelled a trouble maker and negative attitude just rollin' off you. You can always tell the ones that got an axe to grind.
Big Momma

United States

#53 Aug 22, 2014
I went to Gibbs in April 2013. Had lower back trim to get off nerve. Was healed and needed neck looked at. He said he would get MRI scheduled then I could see him at St.Francis. 2 months passed still trying to get into him because the group he was at refused to set up MRI. I couldn't turn my neck without extreme pain. Found out after waiting. 2 months to see Gibbs he was no longer practicing he had ALS. Just think I'm April he did surgery on me and his group and Southesst allowed him to operate with ALS.
Dr . Fonn and his office as well as his nurses and surgical team have been wonderful and caring. Dr. Fonn has treated me with the highest respect. He believes patients comes before being paid. Being proud as I am I refused the surgery I needed becaus I couldn't pay him I had lost my insurance. I have had neck surgery under Fonn and have improved more than I thought possible. Still not like before but when you wear out your parts there is only so much that can be done.
I marked no on my paperwork as to be a spoke person for Dr. Fonn, but felt my story needed to be told. He has an very happy attitude and I have always felt confident using him as a surgeon.
May God Bkess Him as I will always Praise the Doctor he is.
Show Me State

Saint Louis, MO

#54 Aug 24, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderfully stated! Facts are facts!
Facts may be facts, but this post doesn't have one shred of proof that his office was ever closed. All it does is repeat that someone said someone said. Provide the link to the proof and I will believe it when I see it. Matter of fact, so far everything sounds just like a bunch of those politician commercials - and I hate that self serving crap. I don't see Dr. Fonn on here bad talking other doctors - or any of his employees. And I see his patients stepping up to bat for him too - must be doing something right.
Tinkerbell

Louisville, KY

#55 Aug 26, 2014
Big Momma wrote:
I went to Gibbs in April 2013. Had lower back trim to get off nerve. Was healed and needed neck looked at. He said he would get MRI scheduled then I could see him at St.Francis. 2 months passed still trying to get into him because the group he was at refused to set up MRI. I couldn't turn my neck without extreme pain. Found out after waiting. 2 months to see Gibbs he was no longer practicing he had ALS. Just think I'm April he did surgery on me and his group and Southesst allowed him to operate with ALS.
Dr . Fonn and his office as well as his nurses and surgical team have been wonderful and caring. Dr. Fonn has treated me with the highest respect. He believes patients comes before being paid. Being proud as I am I refused the surgery I needed becaus I couldn't pay him I had lost my insurance. I have had neck surgery under Fonn and have improved more than I thought possible. Still not like before but when you wear out your parts there is only so much that can be done.
I marked no on my paperwork as to be a spoke person for Dr. Fonn, but felt my story needed to be told. He has an very happy attitude and I have always felt confident using him as a surgeon.
May God Bkess Him as I will always Praise the Doctor he is.
So sorry to hear about Dr. Gibbs having ALS. That is bad stuff. Sounds like you got a second chance with Dr. Fonn's help, good luck.
Big Momma

United States

#56 Aug 27, 2014
Yes Dr. Fonn came thru for me. As soon as I can get help from somewhere I will go back to Dr. Fonn for the rest of my back surgery.
He is kind, caring and the patience comes first.
After my neck surgery he spoke with both my adult children and they both was very impressed with his bedside manner. He treated them as if they mattered and had plenty of time to answer and reassure them.
Tinkerbell

Louisville, KY

#57 Aug 27, 2014
Big Momma wrote:
Yes Dr. Fonn came thru for me. As soon as I can get help from somewhere I will go back to Dr. Fonn for the rest of my back surgery.
He is kind, caring and the patience comes first.
After my neck surgery he spoke with both my adult children and they both was very impressed with his bedside manner. He treated them as if they mattered and had plenty of time to answer and reassure them.
I bet if you called his office that he would help you even if you didn't have any insurance. I heard he helps anyone, even with no insurance. It was on another topix string. Maybe make some small payment plan?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
eci 7 min Guest 11
Shame on St francis! 16 min Guest 3
Marriage 18 min Guest 50
Debate: Marijuana - Cape Girardeau, MO (Aug '10) 2 hr raheem 410
White Women With Black Babies (Feb '13) 2 hr raheem 35
Poll Brown Bag Video --- Have You Been There ? (Feb '08) 2 hr Big 1,708
Cape Police WOWWWWWWW! 5 hr me 11
More from around the web

Cape Girardeau People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE