Dr. Hayword, Dr. Fonn, or Dr. Gibbs

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Need Help

Jackson, MO

#1 Dec 13, 2009
Any advice on any of these docs would be greatly appreciated. I used to see Dr. Park. He is gone. They say he was replaced by two guys Hayword and Fonn. I've heard Gibbs is good but hard to get into.

I need possible surgery or some form in injection.

Any reviews would be helpful.

Ossining, NY

#2 Dec 13, 2009
I know nothing of Hayward or Fonn, but I can say that dr Gibbs Is a great doctor. He saved a friend of mine's life when it was very likely he would have died. His bedside manner leaves something to be desired, but you're not looking for a friend, right? You're looking for help, and he's excellent.
ct scan

Moberly, MO

#3 Dec 13, 2009
Dr. Hayward and Dr. Gibbs are both excellent doctors. The kind of insurance you have is usually what determines how long it will take for you to get in to see them. If you're looking for epidural injections, Advanced Pain Center offers these services. The doctors there are excellent, and they have personal relationships with both of these neurosurgeons. Stay away from Dr. Fonn - he's definitely a quack.
Need Help

French Village, MO

#4 Dec 14, 2009
Okay thanks. Why do you say that about the other doctor?
been-there

United States

#5 Dec 14, 2009
I agree with the others. I work closely with these doctors everyday and Dr Gibbs is excellent at what he does. Dr Hayward is too & I dont just know from working with him but from my own experience. I had 6 disks in my back replaced in my back with cadaver bone in October of 2006. It was an 11 hour surgery and I was out of work for 4 months with extreame pain, discommfort, etc... BUT, IT WAS SOO WORHT IT IN THE LONG RUN. Even though the 1st few months were hard. I feel better teh nI ever have in years and I'm pushing 60yrs old. I have degenerative disk disease and had been seeing Dr Shakeil (not sure if that's spelled right) for years up until his death. I was receiveing shots in my back, epidurals, and on numerous meds. Once I started seeing Park & Hayward (Park was still there then), they didn't hesitate to say "this obviously isn't working so we need to do surgery". I feel I couldn't have had a better surgeon. They did such a wonderful job. Thanks guys!
ct scan

Moberly, MO

#6 Dec 14, 2009
We see many patients from Dr Fonns' office,many of them have failed surgeries, and come out worse than before surgery. He seems in it more for the money, and many patients and complained about his bed side manor. I would hate for you to come our worse than you already are. Pick safely and go see Dr.Gibbs, or Dr.Hayward.
CapeGirardeauMan

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Dec 14, 2009
Go the ST. LOUIS. Can I be more clear...GO TO ST. LOUIS.
agree

Alton, IL

#8 Dec 14, 2009
Go to St. Louis if all else fails. Or do what I did and avoid surgery by going to a chiropractor. ALOT cheaper also!!
CapeGirardeauMan

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Dec 14, 2009
If the medical docs in Cape had their way they would just fuse every bone together, or drill steel rods into the vertebras and run steel rods up and down the outside of the back to adjust with wrenches to keep you "aligned". Ever wonder about all those people you see who cannot turn their heads, move their backs, etc. No doubt the result of surgery that did not "work out".
itsme

Fenton, MO

#10 Dec 15, 2009
I know Dr Hayward and I would and have heard from many of his patients. I'm telling you this man is a very caring and conservative neurosurgeon. He doesn't jump into surgery and he says that surgery is the last option. I've heard the other two are surgery happy. Do yourself a favor and go see Dr. Hayward and any other one and decide for yourself. If you have to have surgery, it's best to get a second opinion. Plus Dr. Hayward was awarded the patient's choice award last year. Just a good christian guy!
heard it first

Benton, MO

#11 Dec 17, 2009
Need Help wrote:
Any advice on any of these docs would be greatly appreciated. I used to see Dr. Park. He is gone. They say he was replaced by two guys Hayword and Fonn. I've heard Gibbs is good but hard to get into.
Dr. Hayward would be my first choice as a neurosurgeon. He is a caring, christian man who puts his patients first. He is very conservative, but will tell you if surgery is your only choice. Sometimes that is the case, but not always. There are several other options out there that could prove beneficial. I have worked with a few of the other surgeons that are talked about in the forum, and would choose Dr. Hayward over any.
Persephone

Benton, MO

#12 Dec 17, 2009
Dr Hayward is a conservative surgeon. He is not about making money because someone is hurting. He is concerned about the patient's well being during and after his care. He will let you know your options before proceeding with surgery, if surgery is an option for you. He has seen my husband as well as my uncle. He is very informative and helpful with other options than just surgery. Him being a christian man is just an added bonus! I always think about a second opinion prior to any surgery with any surgeon. Not every surgeon does things the same way. So getting a second opinion can make a difference. I do know the other surgeons mentioned in this forum. Dr Hayward stands out among the rest. God Bless you Dr Hayward!

Benton, MO

#15 Dec 18, 2009
Dr Hayward is the best surgeon by far. He has saved so many people lives. Let me just ask a question how many surgeons in general pray before their patients surgeries? I can say that I have had several surgeries and not one time has anyone other than my family had prayer with me. He is the top of the list, he is a very honest and trustworthy man. It is a honor just to be his patient.
Need Help

Alton, IL

#16 Dec 31, 2009
I just don't want some pill pushing scapel addict who wants to cut me and get me hooked on drugs.
some one who knows

Wickliffe, KY

#17 Jun 10, 2011
i seen doctor park he did my first fusion then he had to leave the country i went to dr. howard for my fusion didnt take. he said there wasnt any thing that could be done. i did seek a second opion from dr.fonn he redone my fusion and i did great after wards i feel dr. fonn was great.he was straight forward told me all the things that could happen. yet i have a disc that is still messed up he said he would rather see me seek other options than another surgery so i think it all depends on what a person thinks. as for me dr. fonn was my choice you have the right to get second opions personally i dont care for hayward gibbs is great . but it is all up too you
Guest Number 9

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Jun 12, 2011
Fools, fools, fools.....why don't you just have all your bones fused together? Or have lots of injections to disolve the bone around your spinal cord? Listen up...these procedures are absolute last resorts, or to be avoided at all costs, not routine procedures.
Missy

O Fallon, MO

#19 Jun 12, 2011
I think Dr. Yingling is the best. He's conservative and very talented in his field. At least see him for a second opinion. You won't be sorry.
mom of 2

Shelbyville, KY

#20 Jun 12, 2011
Need Help wrote:
Dr.Gibbs has been my dr for years, he is great! he saved my life! he found a tumor on my brain that 3 other doctors over looked! He is hard to get into, but if you have your family dr refer you to him it should be easy to get in with him. Good luck with your surgery, and I hope you find a dr that meets your needs. God bless
The Truth

United States

#21 Jun 12, 2011
Hayward or Yingling. Easily.
Jane

Florence, AL

#22 Feb 15, 2012
I had back surgery by Dr. Fonn and I think he is the greatest? I first had pain injections and later back surgery and I had a minimum of difficulty! I had a growth on my spinal cord and it would have possibly crippled me if let go. I think he is a superb surgeon. He performed the surgery and I followed his instructions and suggestions and I will be dismissed in a few days and I am feeling great. The back pain is gone and I would recommend him to anyone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone ever file Bankruptcy? 3 hr Guest 85
Passed out drunk 10 hr Gabe 3
Is Patrick Davis a good lawyer? 12 hr helper 6
Message To General Jihad Over Cairo Egypt Com Net. 12 hr Patton general de... 8
the KFVS crew (Mar '12) 14 hr Guest 100
anyone ever let wife be seduced by another guy. wa (Sep '14) 15 hr 3somefun 144
Rude People Mon Nothingrealm 17

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance