First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Military

United States

#1 May 21, 2012
Lowe's offers a military member, past or present, a 10% discount on purchases.
Menard's who advertises they stock "Made in the USA" products offers NO discount to military. Why?
Mek

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#2 May 21, 2012
Who cares about 10%. Menards is by far a better store. Come out of the past century dude.
Military

United States

#3 May 21, 2012
Mek wrote:
Who cares about 10%. Menards is by far a better store. Come out of the past century dude.
Dude? Don't think so last I looked!
Come out of the past century? NO!
Come out of Iraq? YES
guest

United States

#4 May 21, 2012
if the prices at Menards are 10% lower or more than lowes then why would you want to go to lowes to get the discount?
Guest

United States

#5 May 21, 2012
Overall, are the prices 10% lower?
guest

United States

#6 May 21, 2012
idk it was an example
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#7 May 22, 2012
I don't like Menards. Lowes is way better!
Guest

United States

#8 May 22, 2012
Lowes has had lousy customer service for years & I avoid them unless I have no other choice. I was in there a few days ago & it seemed better, but they do have a new competitor right down the street, go figure.
Rufus

Saint Louis, MO

#9 May 22, 2012
Before....no one cared to wait on me at Lowes and seemed put out to have to help, or even check you out.

Now, Lowes knocked me down with handouts, raffles, and every clerk offered to help me. Funny what competition can do!
Guest

United States

#10 May 22, 2012
With regard to Lowe's... Too little too late.
They should have provided that attention all along.
It's Menard's for me!
BillyBob

Saint Louis, MO

#11 May 23, 2012
I agree "to little to late" I have been going in there for years and very seldom can you find someone that wont turn and go the other way when you have the look on you face that "I need some Help".
guest

Cincinnati, OH

#12 May 27, 2012
I dont shop at lowes any more since they put spanish on there signs.. This is America Speak ENGLISH Bitch
quest

Jackson, MO

#13 May 27, 2012
I got treated like an absolute idiot by the guy that runs the tool department at Lowes. I agree, too little too late. If you want to keep customers provide good customer service everyday, not when competition comes knockin'
Yellow

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 May 27, 2012
quest wrote:
I got treated like an absolute idiot by the guy that runs the tool department at Lowes. I agree, too little too late. If you want to keep customers provide good customer service everyday, not when competition comes knockin'
What? You mean you actually found an employee in the tool department? Congratulations. You are indeed one of the few. I've seldom found assistance in tools and certainly never in hardware / fasteners.

If Menards maintains their stock and retains half the currently level of Customer Service / Greeting, Lowes will be seriously hurt.
quest

Jackson, MO

#15 May 27, 2012
Yellow wrote:
<quoted text>
What? You mean you actually found an employee in the tool department? Congratulations. You are indeed one of the few. I've seldom found assistance in tools and certainly never in hardware / fasteners.
If Menards maintains their stock and retains half the currently level of Customer Service / Greeting, Lowes will be seriously hurt.
I got lucky and he happened to be in the department when I was there, he acted annoyed just by me asking for help. They lost a sale that day. I'm just glad that there is someone else in town. Maybe Lowes will start firing the people that don't like customers and replace them with people that are more willing to help.
hello

United States

#16 May 27, 2012
I bet the employees get tired of every weekend DIY'er coming in asking dumb stupid questions like "hey what kind of tool you reckon I need to replace that thar Johnson rod on my toilet?"
Guest

United States

#17 May 27, 2012
hello wrote:
I bet the employees get tired of every weekend DIY'er coming in asking dumb stupid questions like "hey what kind of tool you reckon I need to replace that thar Johnson rod on my toilet?"
A little over the top there!
quest

Jackson, MO

#18 May 27, 2012
hello wrote:
I bet the employees get tired of every weekend DIY'er coming in asking dumb stupid questions like "hey what kind of tool you reckon I need to replace that thar Johnson rod on my toilet?"
It's called customer service. That happens to be there job. If they don't like it they need to quit.
What

United States

#19 May 27, 2012
Why does the military guy think he deserves a discount. He got paid to be on the military got good insurance good retirement job security and more. We don't owe you squat jack
Guest

United States

#20 May 27, 2012
What wrote:
Why does the military guy think he deserves a discount. He got paid to be on the military got good insurance good retirement job security and more. We don't owe you squat jack
Wow, what an attitude and what a statement to make during this holiday!
You were never in the military with your shitty trash talk.
We owe "the military guy" far more than he will ever receive. He probably put his life on the line for your sorry ass! And, he sure didn't owe you squat, Jack!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
reba anderson (Apr '14) 58 min BZB 13
How many understand that eating at the "Y" is j... (Aug '11) 1 hr Ready to Rock 93
Bad grammar teasing 2 hr loln00b 19
If Fox News 3 hr Guest 18
Praise Talos! 3 hr TripleNegative 8
Brad Eyler (May '14) 4 hr FiveSevenThree 10
Christmas gifts for 25 year old woman (Dec '12) 4 hr GeorgeSmith 4

Freeze Warning for Cape Girardeau County was issued at October 30 at 7:49PM CDT

Cape Girardeau Dating
Find my Match

Cape Girardeau People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cape Girardeau News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cape Girardeau

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]