Cape Girardeau UFO Crash
guess who

Jackson, MO

#82 Apr 4, 2013
hey man...would you know where they took it?! man..i have been trying to get back to sec. 666 for many of your years...7 gallons sparkling cosmopolitan galaxy twister, and BAM!! i hit the worst rock in this sector... all help, will bring you great rewards.
Allsouls

Danielson, CT

#83 Apr 5, 2013
Guest-- before you post check your facts re the 2 C47s in cape. Take a trip to the airport and ask the owner re the history of the aircraft. You might learn something. Not to nitpick!
Guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#84 Apr 6, 2013
Allsouls wrote:
Guest-- before you post check your facts re the 2 C47s in cape. Take a trip to the airport and ask the owner re the history of the aircraft. You might learn something. Not to nitpick!
OK, "re the history of the aircraft"...one of the aircraft was actually the personal transport of General Henry H. "Hap" Arnold, chief of the Army Air Force in WW2. It was all over, not based at Cape. If you go into Jack's hangar through the door on the north, walk toward the deHavilland Beaver parked not far inside, turn to your right, and go about 15 feet, you'll notice a large photo hanging on the north wall. In the photo, you'll see the Cape Municipal Airport circa late 1940's, after the war. There are several aircraft in the photo, one of which is a DC-3. If you look closely, you'll see that the civilian registration number on the aircraft in the photo matches the one in the hangar, behind you and to the left. The aircraft are one and the same. This fact was discovered AFTER the photo was enlarged. Turns out that the aircraft was operated AFTER the war (when the photo was taken) by Texas Eastern Oil as an executive transport and was in Cape on business at the time of the photo. The airplane was NOT based at Cape Harris Field during the war. Not that it might have dropped in at some point, because transient military planes did land occasionally at the small training fields, but there were no C-47's based at Harris field, only Fairchild PT-23's for the most part. Sikeston Harvey Parks Field was likewise a civilian-operated training field with Stearman PT-18's used from Sept 1940 until Jan 1942 when they switched over to Fairchild PT-19's. The field at Malden, which was a "real" military field, Malden Army Air Force Base, was using BT-13's and a few variants for basic training (a step up from primary training at the civilian fields like Cape, Sikeston, and others). Malden also did what was called "transport transition" training later in the war in which military pilots were taught the nuances of transport-type flying, including towing troop invasion gliders. C-47's WERE used there.

Jack's DC-3's saw duty all over, but were not based in Cape during the war years. Again, I'm not trying to pick it apart, but it bothers me that sometimes the facts aren't really checked. I've spent a lifetime doing research of old official records on this kind of stuff, and in the interest of this crashed UFO, I've seen things "bent" to fit the story. As I said earlier, I do believe something weird happened in this immediate area prior to WW2, but if the story is ever to be known, making up stuff or believing that anecdotal information and hearsay take the place of facts doesn't help that.

Again I apologize, and don't mean to offend anyone, but look at the recorded, proveable facts as they are. At the time of this supposed incident, the only military presence in this area was the handful of military personnel doing administrative duty at the training field at Sikeston, and the highest-ranking officer at the time was a company-grade captain. Until the base at Malden was built, well into the war, the nearest military installation with the ability and command structure to handle something like this "UFO" crash would've been Scott Army Air Field in Belleville, IL.
As I've mentioned to CJC in another forum, there is a very clear-cut possibilty that this could have happened, using the resources that DID exist at the time. Some of the truth that I've discovered, based on proveable facts, is certainly stranger than fiction.

So, Allsouls, I have checked my facts. Didn't mean to offend.

Cjc

Seabrook, TX

#85 Apr 6, 2013
Great info guest!
Yes, we must stick to the facts of which there are very few. However the facts that we do have is enough to say that something strange did happen ... What? Remains a mystery. so, for I am finding that people want to analyze the case with today'mentality and topagraphy. Back then they obeyed police and military authority without question. If they were sworn to secresy for the country's saftey ... They kept their word.Many people want to use present day interstates as routes to the crash that did not exist.

The only thing stronger than one's love for his God and Country is the love for one's family, that is what makes me think the preacher was not the only person to go home and share the incident with their family.
Guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#86 Apr 6, 2013
Cjc wrote:
Great info guest!
Yes, we must stick to the facts of which there are very few. However the facts that we do have is enough to say that something strange did happen ... What? Remains a mystery. so, for I am finding that people want to analyze the case with today'mentality and topagraphy. Back then they obeyed police and military authority without question. If they were sworn to secresy for the country's saftey ... They kept their word.Many people want to use present day interstates as
routes to the crash that did not exist.
The only thing stronger than one's love for his God and Country is the love for one's family, that is what makes me think the preacher was not the only person to go home and share the incident with their family.
I totally agree. I think it happened. I think the location was southwest of Cape. And I think that there were a lot of people sworn to secrecy. I think the military was involved, but they came from Scott Field. The only all-weather airfield that could operate at night was at Advance, and I think some high-ranking officers flew in to do the recovery, with support from Sikeston's training field. Removal would've been quick, and to the general public it would've been a military accident. To the public at that time, a typical light aircraft of the day was pretty high-tech, not much different than we see "flying saucers" today!
Cjc

Houston, TX

#87 Apr 6, 2013
Guest:

So many air plain crashes! Where would you say THIS particular crash happened?

Your research is outstanding. I wish I had the time to really do the same with my case... Who knows, if the right person pops up I may dedicate myself to do a more intense investigation.

Peace,

CJC
Adding

United States

#88 Apr 6, 2013
What about the crash into Teachers College and the cover up?
what

United States

#89 Apr 7, 2013
What?
Guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#90 Apr 7, 2013
Adding wrote:
What about the crash into Teachers College and the cover up?
What is this referring to?
Clyde Lewis

Saint Louis, MO

#91 Apr 7, 2013
Adding wrote:
What about the crash into Teachers College and the cover up?
http://www.ufocasebook.com/mis souricrash.html
Allsouls

Danielson, CT

#92 Apr 7, 2013
Guest-- you are absolutely right. I stand corrected re the c47s. It's confusing when you see the enhanced photo over the desk and hear the story about the farmer etc etc etc Any way this much I do know because my grandparents owned and farmed the land where the crash site occurred. They are deceased and were very hesitant to discuss at all. Think about when this occurred. There was a sense of patriotism and allegiance to our country that is now diluted and devalued. If citizens were asked not to discuss a topic it didn't go on Topix or Maury or US magazine. People respected and trusted the government for the most part. Now-- Vietnam, watergate, Clinton's blowjobs, Bush's hanging chads, the lack of wmd's in Iraq, Pakistan hiding bin Ladin, afghanistan being led by a heroin dealer, etc etc etc. who trusts the government? Do you? I don't anymore.
Guest

Saint Louis, MO

#93 Apr 8, 2013
Allsouls wrote:
Guest-- you are absolutely right. I stand corrected re the c47s. It's confusing when you see the enhanced photo over the desk and hear the story about the farmer etc etc etc Any way this much I do know because my grandparents owned and farmed the land where the crash site occurred. They are deceased and were very hesitant to discuss at all. Think about when this occurred. There was a sense of patriotism and allegiance to our country that is now diluted and devalued. If citizens were asked not to discuss a topic it didn't go on Topix or Maury or US magazine. People respected and trusted the government for the most part. Now-- Vietnam, watergate, Clinton's blowjobs, Bush's hanging chads, the lack of wmd's in Iraq, Pakistan hiding bin Ladin, afghanistan being led by a heroin dealer, etc etc etc. who trusts the government? Do you? I don't anymore.
I totally agree! As I said earlier, it wasn't my intention to cause a problem. Please tell us more about what you know about the crash site!
CJC

Baton Rouge, LA

#94 Apr 8, 2013
Allsouls wrote:
Guest-- you are absolutely right. I stand corrected re the c47s. It's confusing when you see the enhanced photo over the desk and hear the story about the farmer etc etc etc Any way this much I do know because my grandparents owned and farmed the land where the crash site occurred. They are deceased and were very hesitant to discuss at all. Think about when this occurred. There was a sense of patriotism and allegiance to our country that is now diluted and devalued. If citizens were asked not to discuss a topic it didn't go on Topix or Maury or US magazine. People respected and trusted the government for the most part. Now-- Vietnam, watergate, Clinton's blowjobs, Bush's hanging chads, the lack of wmd's in Iraq, Pakistan hiding bin Ladin, afghanistan being led by a heroin dealer, etc etc etc. who trusts the government? Do you? I don't anymore.
Allsouls:
Exactly what I was referring to earlier. From the stories you have heard in the past, what did your grad parents experience? Can you get your parents to talk about what your grand parents said. Many times we share things that happen at work with family that we are not suppose to, even the pastor could not hold back on such an experience.
Allsouls, you may have a piece of the puzzle that we never heard.
guest

Sikeston, MO

#95 Apr 8, 2013
CJC wrote:
<quoted text>Allsouls:
Exactly what I was referring to earlier. From the stories you have heard in the past, what did your grad parents experience? Can you get your parents to talk about what your grand parents said. Many times we share things that happen at work with family that we are not suppose to, even the pastor could not hold back on such an experience.
Allsouls, you may have a piece of the puzzle that we never heard.
Yes please share
Johnny

United States

#96 Apr 8, 2013
Yes, my grandparents talked about the Teachers College UFO crash. I guess the local news covered that up too.
Guest

Saint Louis, MO

#97 Apr 9, 2013
Johnny wrote:
Yes, my grandparents talked about the Teachers College UFO crash. I guess the local news covered that up too.
I'm not sure what this refers to. I went to the website suggested about this earlier, but it had nothing about a crash at Teachers College. It did have some mention of Dr. Harley Rutledge's research in '73-80, but that's all.
CJC

Baton Rouge, LA

#98 Apr 9, 2013
What teacher's college crash? Where and when did this occur?
LarryB

Pevely, MO

#99 Apr 9, 2013
Allsouls, it was NOT Bush's hanging chads! Do your research. It was the Democrats in Florida who were trying to recount all the votes including "hanging chads". Hope that never happens again. Now, we have to worry about Democrat electronic voter fraud.

Now, back to UFO's.
Guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#100 Apr 9, 2013
CJC wrote:
What teacher's college crash? Where and when did this occur?
I think the poster was confusing the UFO research of Dr. Harley Rutledge from SEMO University with a UFO crash. The website given by the poster is the recounting of the circa 1941 crash, including mention of Dr. Rutledge's lack of knowledge of the event.
Roubaix

United States

#101 Apr 10, 2013
I think it was near where the track and field complex is now located.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kkk in cape?? (May '12) 10 min Good olboy 211
Looking for an old friend Margaret 24 min maybe 4
Fun 1 hr jkh 5
Grant Dade most alarmist of all 1 hr nosaintingen 39
athiesm (Jan '14) 2 hr Guest 166
car chase on 640 2 hr wondering too 3
House on Broadway 2 hr Guest 23
More from around the web

Cape Girardeau People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]