guest

Saint Charles, MO

#22 Aug 1, 2012
michael wrote:
let's agree with science that we go back to nothing, absolute zero, nothing in the universe but space, what created the big bang
what set that tiny atom off? Where did that tiny atom come from?
It wasn't a "tiny atom" you moron.
It was a singularity, a finite point of infinite density and gravity.
michael

Seattle, WA

#23 Aug 1, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a "tiny atom" you moron.
It was a singularity, a finite point of infinite density and gravity.
and it got there how? a**wipe
guest

Saint Charles, MO

#24 Aug 1, 2012
michael wrote:
<quoted text>and it got there how? a**wipe
I'm not educating someone who's obviously a moron.
guest

United States

#25 Aug 1, 2012
Red_Stunter wrote:
no explanation required
Piss poor excuse for a human being!!!
Scott

United States

#26 Aug 2, 2012
For all non believers it's as simple as putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger and then you'll know the devil is real
Dude

Jackson, MO

#27 Aug 2, 2012
Scott wrote:
For all non believers it's as simple as putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger and then you'll know the devil is real
Why would anyone do that just to see if the devil is real? Doesn't seem like a good argument to me.
Inconceivable!

United States

#28 Aug 2, 2012
Scott wrote:
For all non believers it's as simple as putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger and then you'll know the devil is real
If you believe so firmly in your god and his wonderful palace in the sky then why don't you run to death? Why are you still here? Can't you wait to meet him?
guest

Saint Charles, MO

#29 Aug 2, 2012
If ever we were to find "god" surely he would be out amongst the cosmos would he not?

I'm an atheist, but I can't help but feel like the cosmos holds the secrets to all our questions. I'm a firm believer the closest we'll ever be to god is starring up at the majestic night sky.
guest

Saint Charles, MO

#30 Aug 2, 2012
The milky way contains an estimated 200-400 billion stars

The observable universe contains 80-100 billion galaxies.

4-5%~ of the universe is matter ( i.e. Atoms,quarks, you and me, trees, buildings)

25%~ is dark matter (we've no idea if this is a force,law,principle, whatever)

70%~ Is dark energy, which also we've no idea what it is.

So there are many, many secrets left to be uncovered that are far more tangible and realistically feasible than the search for god. But wouldn't it be pleasantly surprising to find an intelligent construct in the background of the microwave background radiation? Hinting at an intelligence present at the conception or thereafter of the universe? That's as close to god as I'll ever see.
really?

United States

#31 Aug 2, 2012
guest48 wrote:
ok let me guess u dont believe in God because you cant see him, well u cant see the wind but its there, you cant see love only the action of love but guess what love does exist as does God or beacause He hasnt done anything for you, well he gave you life and He gave you the biggest gift of all SALVATION AND THE CHOICE TO WALK WITH HIM OR AGAINST HIM! At any rate i will say a prayer for you and that someday you meet the Lord and have a strong relatioship with him.
WROST ARGUMENT EVER. You can't see wind but you can see it moving stuff , leaves fall off or tree branches fall off. Love is a feeling you can't compare that to god you can't see it but it's proves me how dumb you are comparing a person that you claim to exist to a feeling like love ... God didn't give me life because what I believe is what I can see and touch like my birth certificate , hospital records that says my mom gave me life no where is states " god" as my father . I don't care about bs stories about Adam and eve , if they were the only people everybody that are born inbred because they had to breed within the family . No thanks.... Incest is forbidden in bible but god made just 2 people to populate earth but how's that possible to repopulate with breeding within the family ... Yeah that proves bible is just a book . Keep praying that you will meet your LORD no proof that anyone has ..NOBODY EVER HAS OR EVER WILL ...
Guest

Haslet, TX

#32 Aug 3, 2012
Ask some.people who have died and have had "experiences" with God...oh wait...science as found a fake waybof debunking that too...if science is your savior where's the cures for all the deseases.
really?

Jackson, MO

#33 Aug 3, 2012
Guest wrote:
Ask some.people who have died and have had "experiences" with God...oh wait...science as found a fake waybof debunking that too...if science is your savior where's the cures for all the deseases.
Yeah thanx to science some cancer patients are still alive .... Thousands of people doesn't die every year for TB infection like 1940's ..... Every Tylenol you take or antibiotic you swallow is because of science and hard working people who try to come up with new medicine and cures . What have your god done , not a damn thing .... Oh yeah it's magical healing powers .... Get out of here with your bs .... Next time when you have ear infection or toothache just pray to your dude in the sky see if he can heal your pain or infection ..... There are no one who has experience with god if you die you don't come back .... I can say I was dead n seen god and had beer with him and then came back ... Who can prove it? If you die your dead there's no coming back ... Go to school you dumb fuck
Bootheel Man

Haslet, TX

#34 Aug 3, 2012
[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text>Yeah thanx to science some cancer patients are still alive .... Thousands of people doesn't die every year for TB infection like 1940's ..... Every Tylenol you take or antibiotic you swallow is because of science and hard working people who try to come up with new medicine and cures . What have your god done , not a damn thing .... Oh yeah it's magical healing powers .... Get out of here with your bs .... Next time when you have ear infection or toothache just pray to your dude in the sky see if he can heal your pain or infection ..... There are no one who has experience with god if you die you don't come back .... I can say I was dead n seen god and had beer with him and then came back ... Who can prove it? If you die your dead there's no coming back ... Go to school you dumb fuck[/QUOTE]
When I die I don't want to come back, because I will be in heaven with God and Jesus and all my family that have past. What has God done for us? He only let us kill his son and his son still has forgiven us for our sins who want it. Ask any Doctor or scientist if they would be willing to do that.
Guest

Haslet, TX

#35 Aug 3, 2012
Your telling me I need to go school when your the one that can't hold an intelligent coversation without cursing up a storm. Science has also given us the atomic bomb, bio and chemical weapons of mas destruction, science creates posions like Monsanto, what would man be without science..just man..but give a man science, and he will think he is god. We all have souls..spirits.. do a little research in Nueroscience, NDEs, etc.. amd tell me what you think after 8 years. I guess a Blind person, who is pronounced dead, with no brain activity, can somehow look down and see himself, and after returning to life, being able to tell drs exactly what he seen and was said in the room...science will tell you that that is a natural function of the human brain,...not..how..?? Thee is no brain activity and the eventbis happening outside the human brain?...so since I've made you look stupid...I just wonder...if your ever about to get into a car crash if your first words are."Oh my God"....You need to study before you go bashing and telling people to go to school. You've probably never once stood back an analyzed the complex human body and what exactly it belongs to.
Guest

Saint Louis, MO

#36 Aug 3, 2012
Why do people bother trying to educate Christians they're all blind and living in the past. Let them be fools, they're aging and their kids aren't dumb enough to believe in fairy tales. Their kind will be gone soon enough.
Inconceivable!

Allenton, MO

#37 Aug 3, 2012
If you cant have a logical argument with a religious person. If you could think logically they wouldn't be religious to begin with.
guest

Haslet, TX

#38 Aug 3, 2012
Here's a price of evidence. Take the human body for example. It is very complex. Each component within it performs a specific function in a very articulate order and fashion. What are the chances that each part and component inside the human body would assemble themselves perfectly in order to successfully sustain life? It is impossible. Impossible.
Fairy Tales

United States

#39 Aug 3, 2012
If your going to follow one law in the bible you must follow them all!
Prostitution is punished by burning the woman alive according to Leviticus 21:9Leviticus 25:44 tells Jews to enslave surrounding tribes"And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money" (Exodus 21:20-21).Exodus 21:7-10 says men can sell their daughters into slaveryJews, Moslems, Hindus, Buddhists and everyone else who is not Christian will all go to hell"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18)"Censuses are immoral - and God killed 70,000 inn:ocent counted Jews to punish David for counting them..."And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel, And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it.... And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel.... So the Lord sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men" (1 Chronicles 21:1-14).God killed every living thing in Soddom and Gomorrah for engaging homosexual acts in Genesis 19:24-25Sexual immorality merits an eternity in flames, according to Jude 1:7ReplyReport this postTruth Be Known | Monday Jul 30 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind ... nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10"[The Jews] both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets,and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men." 1 Thessalonians 2:15"Stone disobedient children" (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)1 Timothy 2:15 says only women who have children will be spared hellMen are worth more than women - Leviticus 27:1-7 actually provides dollar comparisons!"Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted [sic], brokenhanded [sic], Or crookbackt [sic], or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken; No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God." (Leviticus 21:17-21)Men aren't allowed to trim their beards or shave their heads (Leviticus 21:5)Wearing clothes intended for the opposite sex is forbidden (presumably making today's unisex clothing 'abonimable'):"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God" (Deuteronomy 22:5)Clothing made of more than one type of fabric (e.g. nylon stockings) fare no better:"Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee" (Leviticus 19:19).The Bible says that the sole reason God created women in the first place was to provide company and service to men (1 Corinthians 11:9)Matthew 13:10-14 suggests that Jesus doesn't want everyone to understand what he's saying, so he speaks in parables to his disciples and most of the rest will go to hell.
guest

Saint Charles, MO

#40 Aug 3, 2012
guest wrote:
Here's a price of evidence. Take the human body for example. It is very complex. Each component within it performs a specific function in a very articulate order and fashion. What are the chances that each part and component inside the human body would assemble themselves perfectly in order to successfully sustain life? It is impossible. Impossible.
That's really dumb logic, just because you don't understand makes it magic right?
Dude

United States

#41 Aug 3, 2012
guest wrote:
Here's a price of evidence. Take the human body for example. It is very complex. Each component within it performs a specific function in a very articulate order and fashion. What are the chances that each part and component inside the human body would assemble themselves perfectly in order to successfully sustain life? It is impossible. Impossible.
From talkorigins.org

Irreducible complexity can evolve. It is defined as a system that loses its function if any one part is removed, so it only indicates that the system did not evolve by the addition of single parts with no change in function. That still leaves several evolutionary mechanisms:

deletion of parts
addition of multiple parts; for example, duplication of much or all of the system (Pennisi 2001)
change of function
addition of a second function to a part (Aharoni et al. 2004)
gradual modification of parts

All of these mechanisms have been observed in genetic mutations. In particular, deletions and gene duplications are fairly common (Dujon et al. 2004; Hooper and Berg 2003; Lynch and Conery 2000), and together they make irreducible complexity not only possible but expected. In fact, it was predicted by Nobel-prize-winning geneticist Hermann Muller almost a century ago (Muller 1918, 463-464). Muller referred to it as interlocking complexity (Muller 1939).

Evolutionary origins of some irreducibly complex systems have been described in some detail. For example, the evolution of the Krebs citric acid cycle has been well studied (Meléndez-Hevia et al. 1996), and the evolution of an "irreducible" system of a hormone-receptor system has been elucidated (Bridgham et al. 2006). Irreducibility is no obstacle to their formation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aura simpson 56 min ... 20
mcalister's deli (Feb '15) 2 hr Guest 36
Quiznos 2 hr Guest 8
Scarlett 5 hr George Bailey 12
war child 10 hr Supporter 12
Charter Rap Commercial 11 hr Emerogork 19
Local Business Pay Cuts 11 hr Guest 63

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages