Approx 70% of White patients REFUSE t...

Approx 70% of White patients REFUSE to be treated by Black nurses/doctors

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Campbell, MO

#1 Feb 23, 2013
Does this sound like a race of people who are not prejudiced?

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1944010.htm...
Professor Griff

Cape Girardeau, MO

#2 Feb 23, 2013
That's not true..
Knowledge

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 Feb 23, 2013
Thats a load of B.S. I sincerely apologize to all of my WHITE hommies... Ilove the good White folk in Cape and Everywhere.. I have learned the error of my ways. Please accept my sincere apologies...
Jeff Washinton

Cape Girardeau, MO

#4 Feb 23, 2013
Word up Knowledge, Im with you homeboy!

United States

#5 Feb 23, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
Thats a load of B.S. I sincerely apologize to all of my WHITE hommies... Ilove the good White folk in Cape and Everywhere.. I have learned the error of my ways. Please accept my sincere apologies...
Nobody cares .haha, you waste your time with stuff!!!!! Haha
ahmen ra solomon jew

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6 Feb 23, 2013
I know right
jm

United States

#7 Feb 23, 2013
If they are an illiterate/non respectful/non intelligent/ smartaz/rude/ obnoxious person of any color I will refuse treatment by them. =)
Lincon

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Feb 23, 2013
This is just ignorant. Not the case but the lawsuit. You are supposed to be able to choose who provides you medical care and you are supposed to have the right to refuse medical care. What an individual decides, no matter the reason for said decision, is that persons right. This whole incident is wrong on so many levels. They reallly should just go back to serration. It makes life somuch easier.
country boy

United States

#9 Feb 23, 2013
I don't mind a black nurse to wash my taint. I don't want a black Doctor because affirmative action is the only reason he's a Doctor.
Samuel

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Feb 23, 2013
There is truth to that country boy. With schools and businesses being forced to give people degrees and jobs just because they are certain color, it leaves a whole lot of doubt in people's minds, whether or not they can actually do the job they have. When getting a degree or a job it should be based on the abilities of the person. When you do it based of skin color you run into major problems. Just look at this case. This person is a nurse they are supposed to be caring and willing to make the patient as comfortable as possible. Even if this includes denying your presence. This person decided she doesn't really care about her patients. All she cared about was a frivolous lawsuit that will jack up medical care costs and make the health care industry even less likely to hire ethnically challenged people. I'm a male nurse, often I have women uncomfortable with me taking care of them because I am a male. Do I sue the company for sexual discrimination. No, I do not. I understand not everybody is comfortable with everyone else. Then again I am a caring and understanding nurse that knows you do what it takes to take of someone even if it doesn't make sense to me or hurts my feelings. Then again I'm not a self entitled cry baby that has to make it all about me.
splc

United States

#11 Feb 23, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
well hommie how do you feel when one of your cuz attacks my brother from the back beats him and steals all of his money. he walks in the police station all bloody, the police helped him but never found out who attacked him. all he could say they were black. he had memory loss headaches dizzy spells for a week. he was going to get food now he has to wait until his next pay check. i offered to give him money he said no he will make do with what food he has. us white folk.huh
Debbie

Fairfax, VA

#12 Feb 23, 2013
country boy wrote:
I don't mind a black nurse to wash my taint. I don't want a black Doctor because affirmative action is the only reason he's a Doctor.
In the biz we call them "triple A's". Which mean affirmative action assassins. They will KILL you. Then you still have to pay your bill. SF
Billy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#15 Feb 24, 2013
Billy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#16 Feb 24, 2013
Talk about lunatics, see your ignorant foolish rapist black tar baby ancestors manage to kill almost 2.5 million people including women and children. Jeff you talk a good game, but NEVER back anything up. You outright lie and misrepresent your opinions or back them up with week 3rd party stories with no factual claim. Respond.. I challange you..Oh by the way, your mom says you got a small deek and cant even get on hard.
RN

Dexter, MO

#17 Feb 24, 2013
As a white RN, this really saddens me. I've worked with some awesome African American nurses & CNAs. Having said that, patients have the right to refuse medical care & treatment for whatever reason. The hospital in this lawsuit did the right thing by not assigning black staff to care for this baby. What if something had gone wrong? The hospital would have not only been libel for the outcome, but also for not honoring the father's request. Shame on the nurse for not appreciating the unbelievably difficult situation that the hospital was in through no fault of their own!

United States

#18 Feb 24, 2013
'we must hang together, or we will be pretty sure to hang separately.'. Ben Franklin

Solidify our votes!

THE devastated family of a nine-year-old boy who hanged himself say he took his life after racist taunts by Asian bullies.

Aaron Dugmore — thought to be one of Britain’s youngest suicides after bullying — was found in his bedroom after months of jibes at school, they claim.

His family say that Aaron was threatened with a plastic KNIFE by one Asian pupil — who warned him:“Next time it will be a real one.”

Heartbreak ... mum Kelly-Marie Dugmore and stepdad Paul Jones

CATERS

But despite complaints to the school, where 75 per cent of pupils come from ethnic backgrounds, they claim nothing was done to stop the bullying.

Heartbroken mum Kelly-Marie Dugmore is convinced the taunts led to her son killing himself two weeks ago. She sobbed:“We are not racist people. Aaron got on with all the children at his last school, and for him to have been bullied because of the colour of his skin makes me feel sick to my stomach.”

Aaron joined Erdington Hall primary in Birmingham last September after the family moved nearby. But Kelly-Marie, 30, and stepdad Paul Jones, 43, noticed a change in him from his first day.

Paul said:“He became argumentative with his brothers and sisters, which wasn’t like him at all. Eventually he told us that he was being bullied by a group of Asian children at school and had to hide from them in the playground at lunchtime. He said one kid even said to him,‘My dad says all the white people should be dead’.”

Kelly-Marie claimed:“He was even threatened with a plastic knife by one boy. When Aaron stuck up for himself he said it’d be a real one next time.

“I went to see head Martin Collin a few times, but he only said,‘You didn’t have to come to this school, you chose to come here’.”

A spokesman for Erdington Hall, labelled unsatisfactory by Ofsted, said Aaron had “settled in quickly”. West Midlands Police are investigating the causes of Aaron’s death.

Jackson, MO

#20 Feb 24, 2013
That is a ridiculous statement! I love black nurses and I'm white.
Red head

United States

#21 Feb 24, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
White Supremacist policies should never be allowed for ANY reason. Hospitals should make it known that if you come there you have to allow the people available to treat you regardless of skin color.
Then people could make the decision whether they want to go to the hospital or not. Of course if there are as many Racist White people as I know there are. I suspect that is why this RN stands behind the Racist White people?
Not once have I ever refused any doctor or nurse because of their skin color. Look at Cape most of the doctors here are Middle Eastern. Most White people hate Arabs and Muslims. Yet I don't see any White refusing to allow these darker than many Black people doctors and nurses to treat them.
Most Whites are critically mentally ill and that includes many of the whites who work in hospitals. It is well documented that African Americans aren't treated as aggressively as Whites of the same income, or educational level.
You lie again. I have seen lots of crack babies black if course, get tons of aggressive tx. Support your lies with facts please.
Idiots

United States

#22 Feb 24, 2013
Why would you want to deny a person their individual rights? You keep calling everyone racists. I do not think you have any idea what racism is. http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1033062 this is racism. Not wanting a person of different ethnicity to care for you or family is not racism it is being Prejudice, two totally different things. Of course I wouldn't expect you to understand that as being you get all your education of you tube. Welcome to America where people are allowed to think how they want. Welcome to america where people have rights. Would you prefer to have all your rights stripped from you and placed back into slavery? If you answer no, then you need to quit insisting people should have there rights taking from them. You are the worst kind of bigot.
Jason

United States

#23 Feb 24, 2013
Why you always trying to force yourself on white folks, Jeff? What's up with that? I guess that's why it doesn't bother you all to rape white women and men as seen here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Cha...
This superiority complex you have is dangerous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael or Mike Seek 1 hr Carrie 8
MOVIE: HILLARY'S AMERICA now at Wherenberg Cape... 1 hr Little Joe 10
jeff gantt (Jan '10) 1 hr guest 56
Any winners at Isle of Capri (Oct '12) 2 hr Jackson resident 108
News Teen dead after swimming at country club in Ken... 2 hr KelseyLo 135
GoFundMe in Gordonville 4 hr ummmmmm 5
Brian "the Douche" Mcdowell (Nov '11) 5 hr Guest 13

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance