Your deeply held White OPINIONS about...

Your deeply held White OPINIONS about RACISM are NOT FACTS

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

Knowledge

Campbell, MO

#1 Oct 31, 2012
Millions Believe This Stupid Opinion, Logical Fallacy:
All Opinion Are Equal. They Believe: This Is Good Ethics.
No, This Is Bad Arguments, Not Thinking,
Bad Thinking, Lack of Critical Thinking.

Full interesting story at the hyperlink below:

http://www.elsas-word-story-image-idea-music-...

We're born with the capacity to learn how to think.
All too often, WHITE people don't develop that capacity.

Stupid Opinion #1: All Opinions are Equal

It seemed so self-evident to me, that all opinions are not equal in value,
in validity, in worth. I had no idea it was something worth discussing.
And then there it was - THE WALL.
I had virtually a whole class of WHITE college students rigidly against my opinion.

They held onto their opinion, that every opinion was equal,
as if to believe anything else was to be some kind of bigoted monster.

But what about the equality of people of all races, of women and men, I asked, thinking that for sure they would agree. And they did - but were adamant that it was just a matter of opinion.

So there I stood in front of the class, with black students agreeing that they too believed, like me, that all races were equal, but they were at the same time absolutely sure it was just a belief, an opinion.

And women students likewise held that, like me, they believed in the equality of women and men, but unlike me, they were convinced it was just an opinion, and all opinions were equal.

But what about slavery, I asked, wasn't that wrong?

Opinion. Just an opinion. Of course they were against slavery, but it was just an opinion. I was stunned, especially when black students adamantly held that.

One or two students sided with me - they got as little hearing as I did.

All opinions are equal - is this a logical fallacy?

I tried logic. If all opinions were equal, then things would be both true and not true. So women would be both equal to men, and not equal to men. Slavery would be both right and wrong. Beating children would be both right and wrong. That was the same as saying two and two equaled four, and did not equal four. A contradiction. A logical fallacy.

Forget it. Who cared about logical fallacies. Contradictions were irrelevant - or worse. Students looked at me as if I was mad to say that if things contradicted themselves, they could not both be true. What mattered was not attacking the sacred cow (and equally, I would hold, unsacred cow) of THE ABSOLUTE EQUALITY OF ALL OPINONS.

I was stunned, as stunned as if I had suddenly found myself in a society which looked exactly like mine, but where people believed parents had the right to kill babies at birth.

Yes, there is a logical fallacy.

Who are we to judge what is right and wrong, they held. It's all a matter of opinion - and then ANOTHER SACRED COW: everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Okay, I said (though I am not quite convinced of that).

But, I continued, that does not mean that the opinions themselves have equal value. So you may be entitled to hold the opinion that you may beat your newborn to death, or (a more common opinion) that you may beat your teenage daughter to death if she is seen with a boy, but that opinion leads to action - and the opinion is not as valid as the opinion (based on inherent human rights to self determination) that as we grow up, we increasingly have the right to make our own life choices, as long as these do not harm others.

Here a few of my students went into shock. You could hold any opinion you wanted. After all, all opinions were equal.

Plus, more shock, what was I saying? That opinions connected with action?? That made no sense to them. Opinions were just opinions. It was just something you believed and (going back to a favorite mantra) ALL OPINONS WERE EQUAL.

Not thinking - not even bad arguments, ba

Cape Girardeau, MO

#2 Oct 31, 2012
get a life,you think about shit to much
Knowledge

Campbell, MO

#3 Oct 31, 2012
How man of you are not illiterate and read the entire article at the link I gave you?
Knowledge

Campbell, MO

#6 Nov 1, 2012
Interesting. These show a side of things that most people haven't seen. Some of it is weird, but I think intelligent people can decipher what is positive and what is negative.

You are the first person to use the great resources of Youtube besides me in the entire history of this forum.

That goes to show just how little people in this area want to know the real truth about White Supremacy.

Good job.
onion

United States

#7 Nov 1, 2012
Opinions are equal. Some are more equal than others, depending on how many people share your opinion and/or how much power you have. Was it wrong of the africans to sell their fellow africans to slave traders? i believe it was, the Africans didn't. Was it wrong for the slave traders to buy the africans from the Africans? I believe it was, the salve traders didn't. Lucky for black people, the opinion that slavery was wrong took hold. The opinion was divided, but after a nasty war, the slaves were free. Right and wrong are matters of perspective. There is no black or white. There are only shades of grey. There is no right or wrong. There are only people who tell you their opinion of what is right or wrong. Sure some things seem wrong to me, maybe not to you, and visa versa. Everything can be argued from any side. Only opinions can decide what is right even if it is wrong. I never knew mathematical equations were opinions. Over half the country believes that marijuana should be legal, at least for medical use, their opinion is overridden by people with money and power(drug companies/ government). Opinions are only equal in theory. That's my opinion.
cheesus

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Nov 1, 2012
Knowledge wrote:

It seemed so self-evident to meAnd women students likewise held that, like me, they believed in the equality of women and men, but unlike me, they were convinced it was just an opinion, and all opinions were equal.
But what about slavery, I asked, wasn't that wrong?Opinion. Just an opinion. Of course they were against slavery, but it was just an opinion. I was stunned, especially when black students adamantly held that.
I tried logic. If all opinions were equal, then things would be both true and not true. So women would be both equal to men, and not equal to men. Slavery would be both right and wrong. Beating children would be both right and wrong. That was the same as saying two and two equaled four, and did not equal four. A contradiction. A logical fallacy.

Forget it. Who cared about logical fallacies. Contradictions were irrelevant - or worse. Students looked at me as if I was mad to say that if things contradicted themselves, they could not both be true. What mattered was not attacking the sacred cow (and equally, I would hold, unsacred cow) of THE ABSOLUTE EQUALITY OF ALL OPINONS.

I was stunned, as stunned as if I had suddenly found myself in a society which looked exactly like mine, but where people believed parents had the right to kill babies at birth.

Who are we to judge what is right and wrong, they held. It's all a matter of opinion - and then ANOTHER SACRED COW: everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But, I continued, that does not mean that the opinions themselves have equal value. So you may be entitled to hold the opinion that you may beat your newborn to death, or (a more common opinion) that you may beat your teenage daughter to death if she is seen with a boy, but that opinion leads to action - and the opinion is not as valid as the opinion (based on inherent human rights to self determination) that as we grow up, we increasingly have the right to make our own life choices, as long as these do not harm others.

Here a few of my students went into shock. You could hold any opinion you wanted. After all, all opinions were equal.

Plus, more shock, what was I saying? That opinions connected with action?? That made no sense to them. Opinions were just opinions. It was just something you believed and (going back to a favorite mantra) ALL OPINONS WERE EQUAL.

That link led to one of the worst opinions I've ever read. The writer of that long winded speech, better hope all opinions are equal, because I would place it as a one out of 100. If anyone one was really close to tears or speechless, I think it was because they felt confused by the insanity or threatened by the speakers insanity. They are holding that their opinion is fact without proof and better than anyone else's opinion. The logic is twisted and unprovable. Try again.
cheesus

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Nov 1, 2012
Knowledge wrote:

I had virtually a whole class of WHITE college students rigidly against my opinion.

But what about the equality of people of all races, of women and men, I asked, thinking that for sure they would agree. And they did - but were adamant that it was just a matter of opinion.

So there I stood in front of the class, with black students agreeing that they too believed, like me, that all races were equal, but they were at the same time absolutely sure it was just a belief, an opinion.

And women students likewise held that, like me, they believed in the equality of women and men, but unlike me, they were convinced it was just an opinion, and all opinions were equal.

Opinion. Just an opinion. Of course they were against slavery, but it was just an opinion. I was stunned, especially when black students adamantly held that.

And neither are your or anybody else's opinion on racism facts.
okaaay

Chanhassen, MN

#10 Nov 1, 2012
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
Doctor Knowledge

Campbell, MO

#11 Nov 2, 2012
cheesus wrote:
<quoted text>
That link led to one of the worst opinions I've ever read. The writer of that long winded speech, better hope all opinions are equal, because I would place it as a one out of 100. If anyone one was really close to tears or speechless, I think it was because they felt confused by the insanity or threatened by the speakers insanity. They are holding that their opinion is fact without proof and better than anyone else's opinion. The logic is twisted and unprovable. Try again.
This is the horrible thing that happens to a society when it turns away from following a very wise book, the bible, which gives us a beautiful, moral, and ethical way to live.

Now the majority of Caucasians have walked away from the bible and each one of them think they are smart enough to know what is right and what is wrong. Onion and cheese just said that there is no right or wrong. Only opinion. So we will soon have 300 million people each with different ideas of what is good and what is bad. That is the most insane way of living possible. America will soon disintegrate from within because of this. Without ironclad rules on how to live a decent life you have chaos.

What would a football, Baseball, or Basketball game be like if each player decided to ignore the rules in place and play by their own rules?

What would Cape be like if there was no right or wrong, but everyone could do as they pleased? Can you even begin to imagine the hatred and extreme violence that would happen if all laws in Cape were abolished?

I personally don't know who originally wrote the Bible. However, I do know they were far wiser than my neighbors, the people at the corner bar, or any President we have ever had.

“Piece at heart, wise at mind”

Since: Oct 12

usa

#12 Nov 2, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
I can't tell for sure what is more terrifying. The fact that you took the time to type out that mindless rant, the fact that by me replying it will all be printed again or the thought of you standing in front of a class room of college kids doing anything other than washing the white board. I could literally feel my brain cells burning and screaming as i read your banter.
Whitey

Edwardsville, IL

#13 Nov 2, 2012
You like links here's one for ya.

Since you guys obviously are having trouble I figured I'd help you out.

http://lmgtfy.com/... #
Knowledge

Campbell, MO

#14 Nov 3, 2012
Whitey wrote:
You like links here's one for ya.
Since you guys obviously are having trouble I figured I'd help you out.
http://lmgtfy.com/... #
I'm sure some of you all found this article boring. Many of us have noticed how shallow the fluid is in your brains.

It wouldn't be an issue if you were garbage men, or low income powerless people. Yet many of you all manage to climb, with the help of your good ole boys/girls network to high positions of power where you can dop great harm to people around you.

Todd Akins, and Shrub 2 come to mind when I see weird information from dummies like you and the Watchtower crackpot.:-)
Cousin Ed

Florissant, MO

#15 Nov 3, 2012
Doesn't matter what's fact Afro. It's what we believe. Our opinion. Is only
That matters. Not yers
Whitey

Edwardsville, IL

#16 Nov 3, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure
I quoted about how far i usually get with your posts.
What I was saying was your not being particularly smart or teaching anyone anything. You are presenting posts like your the authority on anything and its BS. Your trying really hard to be a smart black racist when in actuality your just being boring. Your like a political ad for negroes that gets played over and over and over and over and over in the hope that somehow your nonsense will become profound but with years of practice your still spewing platitudes.

mammy

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Nov 3, 2012
Pulaski Tennessee

Campbell, MO

#18 Nov 4, 2012
True that! Heard it!
Robert

Campbell, MO

#20 Nov 16, 2012
Operation Northwoods wrote:
....and, NOW, a tribute to our Black Confederate heroes who fought for our freedom from an oppressive Federal Government, and to gain their freedom.
Why do you devilish hypocrites keep telling us to forget about slavery since you all had nothing to do with it?

So why don't you crackers forget about the civil war and the old south? I'm tired of hearing you whine and moan about it. I had absolutely nothing to do with that either? Humm? humm?
pump

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Nov 16, 2012
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you devilish hypocrites keep telling us to forget about slavery since you all had nothing to do with it?

So why don't you crackers forget about the civil war and the old south? I'm tired of hearing you whine and moan about it. I had absolutely nothing to do with that either? Humm? humm?
Cause and effect. Duh.
intelligence

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Nov 16, 2012
Your deeply help black opinions about racism are not facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rachel Thorne (Jun '16) 10 min Queen 16
Poll Brown Bag Video --- Have You Been There ? (Feb '08) 7 hr Imwhoyouwant 1,859
will medicade pay for new shoes for my kids? 7 hr Guest 8
Long John Silver's 7 hr Guest 2
Golden Corral, AKA Ryan's 10 hr Samuel Fondren 18
Buck McNeely Outdoors show (Aug '12) 12 hr leemerca 127
Advice for KFVS 12 13 hr redhead 32

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages