Need Info

Kennett, MO

#1 Jan 2, 2010
Can anybody tell me about this event? Has anyone ever attended one before? I am looking for some artwork for my home, but I hate to waste my time and drive up to Cape if it's not worth it. Thanks in advance for your comments!
Nacho

Jackson, MO

#2 Jan 4, 2010
I heard thru word of mouth that it will be sometime in January 2010. I've never been but my friends have gone and gotten some great pieces for next to nothing.
florist

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 Jan 4, 2010
we went to one last year, its fine come early, basically it is a bunch of oil painting art big and small, not very expensive, then they sell lots of gorgous frames that is where they make their money, the thing is come early because it gets packed arrive an hour early at least, found alot of what we liked
florist

Cape Girardeau, MO

#4 Jan 4, 2010
you dont have to buy frames, they are available for sale

Jackson, MO

#5 Jan 4, 2010
it was yesterday at the showme center and it was worth it i bought a few paintings
Laughing Matters

United States

#6 Jan 4, 2010
Awwww crud! I would have loved to go to that! Sorry I missed it!

Cape Girardeau, MO

#7 Jan 4, 2010
me too....dang it

Amherst, NH

#8 Jan 7, 2010
guest wrote:
me too....dang it
it is in the same areas as last time on Sunday January 10.
Cloudbuster

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jan 7, 2010
You would be better off to paint your own than buy this crap.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10 Jan 8, 2010
it is also at the drury lodge this sunday 11-4
GFU

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jan 15, 2012
http://www.fineartregistry.com/forum/viewtopi...

don't go!!! read this first !!

United States

#12 Jan 15, 2012
They are assembly line paintings. Probably done by machines somehow. Not real paintings at all.

Years ago we went to a starving artist sale and the artist were there selling their pictures. We bought a beautiful one and it is signed by the artist and in a beautiful frame that accents the picture.

United States

#13 Jan 15, 2012
We have been to the one in Cape Girardeau a couple of different times. If you just want a pretty picture they are fine. Just not original art.

Since: Jan 12

Chicago, IL

#14 Jan 15, 2012
Need Info wrote:
Can anybody tell me about this event? Has anyone ever attended one before? I am looking for some artwork for my home, but I hate to waste my time and drive up to Cape if it's not worth it. Thanks in advance for your comments!
What kind of artwork interests you ?
I was thinking of selling some pieces of mine in one but the real money seemed to come from the framers
12 years and going

United States

#15 Aug 29, 2012
Who cares they still look nice for cheap. If you look around you can find some nice ones and I have about 10 large oil on canvas. Framed
Janitag

Fremont, CA

#16 Dec 5, 2012
hello i have a client interested in ancient african arts and is interested to pay top dollar for them. looking for someone that knows about this art so he can tell me where to get them
Janitag

Fremont, CA

#17 Dec 5, 2012
please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
michelle

Farmington, MO

#19 Dec 5, 2012
Is there an online site we can see?
So we will know what will be for sale here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DHL (PENMAC) at P&G 35 min Guest 74
planet fitness 1 hr Guest 3
panda express 1 hr Guest 3
He was GONGED! 4 hr ArmyTanker337 2
Looking for Jeff Gantt & Ashley Schwartz Gantt 5 hr Bill D 10
trump's wall 6 hr kfvs 113
Motorcycle Club (Aug '12) 7 hr Guest 143

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance