First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Texas bound

Fairfax, VA

#1 Jan 15, 2013
A Texas lawmaker says he plans to file the Firearms Protection Act, which would make any federal laws that may be passed by Congress or imposed by Presidential order which would ban or restrict ownership of semi-automatic firearms or limit the size of gun magazines illegal in the state, 1200 WOAI news reports.

Republican Rep. Steve Toth says his measure also calls for felony criminal charges to be filed against any federal official who tries to enforce the rule in the state.

"If a federal official comes into the state of Texas to enforce the federal executive order, that person is subject to criminal prosecution," Toth told 1200 WOAI's Joe Pags Tuesday. He says his bill would make attempting to enforce a federal gun ban in Texas punishable by a $50,000 fine and up to five years in prison.

Toth says he will file his measure after speaking with the state's Republican Attorney General, Greg Abbott, who has already vowed to fight any federal measures which call for restrictions on weapons possession.

Toth concedes that he would welcome a legal fight over his proposals.

"At some point there needs to be a showdown between the states and the federal government over the Supremacy Clause," he said.

The Supremacy Clause is the portion of the Constitution which declares that federal laws and statutes are 'the supreme law of the land.'

"It is our responsibility to push back when those laws are infringed by King Obama," Toth said.

Texas is the second state to propose a measure to shield the state from the impact of any gun possession restrictions imposed by Congress or by Presidential order. A similar measure was introduced in Wyoming last week.

Read more: http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/mainheadlines...
Strong Proud Conservative

Maryland Heights, MO

#2 Jan 15, 2013
The revolution is beginning.
billy bob

United States

#3 Jan 15, 2013
Guns, gays, and cannabis. With the world issues and the trillions of debt, its no wonder out government is collapsing.
DCS 77

De Soto, MO

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Let the revolution start. It is way past time. Even the "Republicans" are throwing in the towel instead of holding their own. Only Tea Party representives are representing the taxpayers.
Get er done

Fairfax, VA

#6 Jan 15, 2013
Sumone wrote:
The south is starting to rise again
We can only hope!

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jan 15, 2013
Yeah, we saw how well THAT went...
Sumone wrote:
The south is starting to rise again
MrNiceGuy

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Jan 15, 2013
You guys remember what happened last time the south tried this sh!t right? Lmao.
Patriot

Fairfax, VA

#10 Jan 15, 2013
MrNiceGuy wrote:
You guys remember what happened last time the south tried this sh!t right? Lmao.
We have learned from past mistakes.
MrNiceGuy

Poplar Bluff, MO

#11 Jan 15, 2013
I wish I had never looked at topix. I'm now addicted to watching crazy people spew nonsense! Lmao. But it's a free country! Be as crazy as to want to be!
Bye Bye

Pearcy, AR

#12 Jan 15, 2013
MrNiceGuy wrote:
I wish I had never looked at topix. I'm now addicted to watching crazy people spew nonsense! Lmao. But it's a free country! Be as crazy as to want to be!
MrsNiceGuy, thank you for your permission to "be as crazy as we want to be".
Honey, I hate to bust your little bubble, but we could care less what you think.
BTW, you have our permission to leave. Don't let the door hit you in the arse!
MrNiceGuy

Poplar Bluff, MO

#13 Jan 15, 2013
Bye Bye wrote:
<quoted text>MrsNiceGuy, thank you for your permission to "be as crazy as we want to be".
Honey, I hate to bust your little bubble, but we could care less what you think.
BTW, you have our permission to leave. Don't let the door hit you in the arse!
Lol. If you don't care then what's the fuss? And believe me, we all know you don't care what anyone thinks if they don't agree with you. That's what your party stands for. The exclusion of all others for your own benefit. You can't stand people who aren't like you. You're a stereotypical republican. Honey? You want to suck my rooster? Secretly gay are you? Just another thing republicans are known for. I haven't told you to stfu no matter how much I disagree with you. That's your problem. You want those of us who aren't like you to go away. Guess what? There are more of me than there are you. I would so cuddle the sh!t out of you right now!!!! I have a little wood! You're intelligent quips are such a turn on!!!!
Real Afrikaner

United States

#15 Jan 18, 2013
MrNiceGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. If you don't care then what's the fuss? And believe me, we all know you don't care what anyone thinks if they don't agree with you. That's what your party stands for. The exclusion of all others for your own benefit. You can't stand people who aren't like you. You're a stereotypical republican. Honey? You want to suck my rooster? Secretly gay are you? Just another thing republicans are known for. I haven't told you to stfu no matter how much I disagree with you. That's your problem. You want those of us who aren't like you to go away. Guess what? There are more of me than there are you. I would so cuddle the sh!t out of you right now!!!! I have a little wood! You're intelligent quips are such a turn on!!!!
You say more of you than more of us? You do realize that ur illustrious leader won the electoral votes and not the majority right? I'm just curious as to how you come up with the idea that there are more bleeding heat liberals, queers and coons??? Get fucked sista!!!
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#16 Jan 18, 2013
Real Afrikaner wrote:
<quoted text> You say more of you than more of us? You do realize that ur illustrious leader won the electoral votes and not the majority right? I'm just curious as to how you come up with the idea that there are more bleeding heat liberals, queers and coons??? Get fucked sista!!!
Wrong. President Obama won the electoral college and the popular vote. He also won the home states of both of his Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/201...
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#17 Jan 18, 2013
Oh, and the "Feds" will not be arrested in any state. Local Sheriffs and State Politicians may now be pandering to their voting populous with this anti-gun legislation stage show, but let the Feds withhold federal tax dollars from the state and counties refusing to enforce laws and you'll see a sudden change in their resolve.

United States

#18 Jan 18, 2013
Everyone file exempt or claim 10 dependents then refuse to file a tax return. They can't jail everyone.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#19 Jan 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
Everyone file exempt or claim 10 dependents then refuse to file a tax return. They can't jail everyone.
They can't jail everyone. You're right. But owing taxes will prevent you from getting any kind of a loan, financial aid for college, etc. Are you going to pay local tax? Property tax? Have fun getting your car tags renewed without a receipt for property tax! You should really think things through before you make your self look stupid again.

United States

#20 Jan 18, 2013
Really well then lets all just follow along like lambs to slaughter while our current potus destroys the constitutional republic we know as America. If I'm not paying taxes then I'm certainly not going to worry about renewing my tags! You sound like you think it would take a year or more for this to effect a change? The time to file taxes is here now and if enough people would refuse to pay, it would not take long for a change to come about. But of course those of you who will be getting a refund instead of paying when you file should certainly file and get all you can! Are you concerned with student loans or financial aid? I'm not, and I have more than enough squirreled away to take care of myself without need of a bank loan anytime soon. So yeah umm might better think some more on this...
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#21 Jan 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
Really well then lets all just follow along like lambs to slaughter while our current potus destroys the constitutional republic we know as America.
Was that Rush's catch phrase or teaching point today? You recite it, believing every word, with such enthusiasm. But know one thing, you'll pay your taxes and Obama is your rightfully, legally elected President.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#22 Jan 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
Really well then lets all just follow along like lambs to slaughter while our current potus destroys the constitutional republic we know as America. If I'm not paying taxes then I'm certainly not going to worry about renewing my tags! You sound like you think it would take a year or more for this to effect a change? The time to file taxes is here now and if enough people would refuse to pay, it would not take long for a change to come about. But of course those of you who will be getting a refund instead of paying when you file should certainly file and get all you can! Are you concerned with student loans or financial aid? I'm not, and I have more than enough squirreled away to take care of myself without need of a bank loan anytime soon. So yeah umm might better think some more on this...
Lmao. Ok don't pay then! It's going to be funny when they take your "savings". Which they have every right to do. You're a funny little fella. Your horse lost this race. Deal with it and quit acting like a child who isn't going to pick his toys up because mommy didn't give you a cookie. You're blowing smoke and will never not pay your taxes. Keep on blaming the government for your problems! Hahaha. You sound like a black person. Good going!

United States

#23 Jan 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao. Ok don't pay then! It's going to be funny when they take your "savings". Which they have every right to do. You're a funny little fella. Your horse lost this race. Deal with it and quit acting like a child who isn't going to pick his toys up because mommy didn't give you a cookie. You're blowing smoke and will never not pay your taxes. Keep on blaming the government for your problems! Hahaha. You sound like a black person. Good going!
Typical ignorant liberal trash.... Bet your moms a fat nasty white woman and your dads black, isn't that true zebra?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
black lives matter 3 min Moral Oral 48
GoFundMe in Gordonville 51 min Hannah 8
Singles 1 hr Guest 13
News Two area sheriffs face election challenges 1 hr Guest 347
Drury Call Center (Nov '09) 9 hr Former employee 55
News Lawless Freedom Rally in Scott City expects to ... 11 hr Arctic Fox 10
Havco 11 hr Someone 6

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance