First Prev
of 2
Next Last
holdingout

Ballwin, MO

#1 Oct 12, 2010
Absolute arms and ammo doesn't stand behind their products. Can you believe they wont even offer to return a very expensive purchase to the manufacturer. They only offer to exchange at a depretiated amount. The product we bought was for our child so he could go hunting during youth season. This is a shame when a business wont even attempt to correct a wrong. They were very helpful before money exchanged hands. I spoke with a different company, they even offered to speak with their sales rep. to possibly replace the gun or send it to the manufacturer for us. What a shame my 8 year old wont get to go to youth season this year.
Odd

United States

#2 Oct 12, 2010
Most of the time after a sale the retailer cannot take a product like that back. Warrenties are through the manufacurers and its too big of a liability for both parties for the retailer to exchange the product.

You need to be talking to the guns manufacturer and I'm sure if you asked the store, they would give you a number to call.
Its True

United States

#3 Oct 14, 2010
Odd wrote:
Most of the time after a sale the retailer cannot take a product like that back. Warrenties are through the manufacurers and its too big of a liability for both parties for the retailer to exchange the product.
You need to be talking to the guns manufacturer and I'm sure if you asked the store, they would give you a number to call.
Walmart is the same way.When you buy a gun at walmart ,if your gun has a problem with it the same week you buy it,they won't take it back,no returns on guns.You have to deal with the gun maker yourself.
just so u kknow

United States

#4 Oct 14, 2010
i just have to say they treated me great. me and my wife went in there n i told them which pistols we wanted to look at and they showed us both of them and didnt pressure us into either one. them just let us decide. which i thought was great. i cant remember his name but gave us a great deal on the one we chose. and it wasnt 15 to 20 mins and we got the gun we wanted. great bunch of guys will be doing business with them again.
Gun Dealer

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Oct 14, 2010
If you paid with a credit card, get them involved and get your money back. Your gun is covered by warranty. I have had gun manufacturers replace a gun overnight in a situation like this. You are getting the shaft.

By all rights, they should have replaced the gun and taken care of all the paperwork. And it should not have cost you a dime.

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Oct 14, 2010
They gave me a hard way to go one time. I have never been back.
CousinFred

Cape Girardeau, MO

#7 Oct 14, 2010
Go to shooters. 90 day free layaway there also.

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Oct 14, 2010
Absolute Arms quoted me a price on a gun but would not take in what I had to trade. So I went back that afternoon after I sold what I wanted to trade and they raised the price. WTH? Price went up in 4 hours?
rusty g

United States

#9 Oct 15, 2010
don't go to shooters go to the hardware store in chaffee and see travis he will beat anyones price.

Since: Apr 10

Sikeston, MO

#10 Oct 15, 2010
I have been buying guns from Jeff before he opened his first shop on Broadway. Most of my friends buy exclusively from him also. None of us have ever gotten bad service or deals. Guest - did you tell them the price you had been quoted earlier?

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Oct 15, 2010
The price quote was for a cash price since they were not interested in trading. So when I came up with the cash a few hours later, the price somehow went up! Not a good way to run a business.
2nd ammendmen

United States

#12 Oct 15, 2010
Being buying and trading with Jeff for years, always has been a pleasure to deal with and he's prices are better than anyone else in the area
Bad JuJu

Cape Girardeau, MO

#13 Oct 16, 2010
Big sign on the counter at Shooters. "If you have a problem, deal with the manufacturer".
Dealer

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Oct 16, 2010
I cannot identify myself here, but I can guarantee you manufactures have taken care of problems immediately, and dealers are capable of doing the same. If not, they are ripping you. Remington once replaced a rifle Next Day Air Express to help out a customer. That is exceptional, but if you are dealing with a manufacturer or dealer who is balking, move on!
holdingout

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 18, 2010
Here is the rest of the story. We got a little irrate with the dealer, so he made up a story to the cops and tried to have us arrested for terrorist threats....WTF...I don't think telling someone they are a crook with a few curse words is a terrorist threat. Wont ever go back.
Ccw

United States

#17 Oct 21, 2010
I've bought several guns from them, always good price and service,if you go and act like they owe you something and start acting stupid just cause you have a kid, too bad they didnt shoot you,go to shooters and cuss the dude in the bow tie and see what it gets you,go to Bass Pro they will kiss your dumb ass but you will pay more and no service at all...
matt mc

Gulf Shores, AL

#18 Jul 18, 2011
holdingout wrote:
Absolute arms and ammo doesn't stand behind their products. Can you believe they wont even offer to return a very expensive purchase to the manufacturer. They only offer to exchange at a depretiated amount. The product we bought was for our child so he could go hunting during youth season. This is a shame when a business wont even attempt to correct a wrong. They were very helpful before money exchanged hands. I spoke with a different company, they even offered to speak with their sales rep. to possibly replace the gun or send it to the manufacturer for us. What a shame my 8 year old wont get to go to youth season this year.
dont know where your at but for me purcells in murphy knows how to do biz !!!! hes awesome stands behind his guns and makes right with any manufacturer he does biz with or else he doesnt do biz with them !!!!
Truthiness

Jackson, MO

#19 Jul 18, 2011
I'm callin bs on Jeff not taking the gun back. Every gun, rifle shotgun or pistol, he has told me that if it didn't perform, bring it back and he will fix it or give me another one in exchange. He is extremely helpful and gives great deals on used guns. Sorry, I don't believe you.
AAA25pctlessthen museum

United States

#20 Jul 19, 2011
I think there's more to this story......Question for ya, how many guns have you ever purchased?.... I have 2 boys and every year have purchased them a gun for their bday's and xmas's gifts, plus dad a few toys. In total, well over 20 guns in the past 5 years.....never an issue. Also, in general about 15% to 25% less then the "museum".... plain and simple jeff is there to help gun owners......jus sayin

United States

#21 Jul 19, 2011
I have bought several guns from him, they are always at a good price and never any problems with service. I won't buy something as small as a box of ammo from shooters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Salvation 1 min atheist guy 245
cop impersonator 2 min the fuzz 5
Grant Dade most alarmist of all 5 min hardy har 6
Shooting in Gordonville 1 hr james 62
public wanker 3 hr Guest 2
Tim Lovewell (Dec '09) 7 hr Timothy Allen Lov... 28
Robberies in dutchtown 7 hr FullyloDed 1
More from around the web

Cape Girardeau People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE