Bad JuJu

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

KFVS goes nuts over weather stories. I like the coverage of a snow and ice event where the camera trains on the reporter's feet as she scruffs the snow.
dtak

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

I understand that the news gets kind of lame,
But I look at is like No News Is Good News,
I worry more about the news teaching others how
to learn to do things like.
Once they had a segmint on Identity thieft and
exsplained how it was done, even showed a web site
that you can get peoples SS #.

And then saw one on a device that you can at close range scramble a cell phone signal so you can't call for help,
They gave information on the web site and how much it cost!

I know its intended to make people aware, But they give out way to much information that can give wanttobes Ideals.
However those were a few years back and haven't seen anything lately,
ImBack

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Did you ever stop to think that maybe nothing newsworthy has really happened that day? I know it seems lame, but basically unless there is a serious crime, accident, fire, weather, or something political, what is there to talk about. I think the news people work harder trying to find things to report on and make it seem half way newsworthy. Luckily, this is an area that doesn't have much news in it.

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Do a story on Laura Wibbenmeyer! Ratings!!!!!!!!!!
Who cares

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

It's turned into a Health station if you ask me.
hmm

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

guest wrote:
I like that fat azz she's got!!! id like to lick her ahole
PETA

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

They spend WAY TOO MUCH time on stories about pets. I mean occasionaly sure, but they way over do the animal stories.
Dude

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Unkown Viewer wrote:
Post your observations about lame and/or inaccurate KFVS12 News Stories.
I will get us started:
The lead story tonight was about someone shooting windows out with a BB gun! I am thankful we live in a low crime area but this was the lead story, Come On?
A few months back, the Lead story was about someone driving through the back yard of some families house. No hate crime, no ongoing feud, just a random act of vandalism that just happens sometimes.
Get this, it was not only the lead story THEY ACTUALLY WENT LIVE TO THE SCENE!!! Are you kidding me? Live to a story about a pickup truck tearing up a back yard.
Remember, no person was hurt and property damage was not very significant either. The news department must be on drugs or need to be, I am not sure which!!!
You have WAY too much time on your hands.
Jackson

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

I have actually seen them report on a whole family being killed in a van accident, 5 seconds, then spend 10 minutes boo hooing over a sad dog story. What the Hell?
Jenny-O

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

KFVS does have some pretty lame stories, but the positive is that their isn't a whole lot of crime in our area. Unfortunately, there isn't really anything exciting in this area either. I just don't watch the news, I get on the website and scan thru their stories, and only read what interests me.
Jenny-O

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Woops, I meant "there", not "their".
oh really

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Jackson wrote:
I have actually seen them report on a whole family being killed in a van accident, 5 seconds, then spend 10 minutes boo hooing over a sad dog story. What the Hell?
you have seen a tv news story that lasts 5 seconds and another that lasts 10 minuts? i think u are full of shee-yit
Observation

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

I don't think "Jackson" was speaking literally, I just think "Jackson" was making a point that they seem to fly by the major news and spend too much time on things that aren't significant. I also think that due to there not being much crime, kfvs12 makes up a lot of drama just to have something to talk about.
Handydandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

guest wrote:
the ratings would go through the roof she is beatiful
Harland

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Unkown Viewer wrote:
Post your observations about lame and/or inaccurate KFVS12 News Stories.
I will get us started:
The lead story tonight was about someone shooting windows out with a BB gun! I am thankful we live in a low crime area but this was the lead story, Come On?
A few months back, the Lead story was about someone driving through the back yard of some families house. No hate crime, no ongoing feud, just a random act of vandalism that just happens sometimes.
Get this, it was not only the lead story THEY ACTUALLY WENT LIVE TO THE SCENE!!! Are you kidding me? Live to a story about a pickup truck tearing up a back yard.
Remember, no person was hurt and property damage was not very significant either. The news department must be on drugs or need to be, I am not sure which!!!
----I like how Mike shain sometimes thought he was "On the Road With Charles Kuralt," lol I do miss Mike though
Adam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that fat azz she's got!!! id like to lick her ahole
all the breakfast show does weather
And when severe storms hit their so afraid of losing money you have to watch kait from arkansas to keep yourself informed only laura wibbenmeyer make them worth watching but jim burns is tapping her
Bud Wiser

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

You think that's lame? I was watching channel 6 one day this week and their lead story was a about a guy who stole five dollars from a salvation army kettle !!!
Phil L

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

they should do a story on how many people hate their job at P&G.
Harland

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Bud Wiser wrote:
You think that's lame? I was watching channel 6 one day this week and their lead story was a about a guy who stole five dollars from a salvation army kettle !!!
----like the other guy said on here "no news is good news" we are so lucky to be in this area where the big news of the days is a thunder storm lol
Critic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2010

Everything KFVS12 reports on is lame. Unfortunately, like everyone has said, the only actual newsworthy event that happens here is the weather and they all snap when they talk about that. They get so excited talking about a big thunderstorm or blizzard coming our way it's like they're all hocked up on speed or something. The Breakfast Show is absolutely without a doubt the most boring "news" program I've ever seen. It's supposed to wake you up but it's so slow and drab that it just puts me back to sleep. They need someone a little less dull on The Breakfast Show aside from Jim Burns and someone a little less of a morning person than Lauren Keith. She seems fake and gets on my nerves. I like the younger members of their crew the best. Laura Wibbenmeyer tells the weather very good. Someone said they should do a story on her. I hear she's one heck of a volleyball player. Tyler Profilet is hot but I never see him much on there but they do seem to give him the biggest stories. Anyone ever notice how Julia Bruck always closes her eyes and blinks rapidly like every second when she's talking? And Carly O'Keefe cannot tell the news for shit. She messes up more times than I care to count. The sports department is beyond sexist. I get so tired of the way they glorify football and basketball and other boys' sports but you never hear them hardly talk about girls' sports. I get so sick of hearing about Heartland Football Friday. Soon as the weather goes off on Friday nights, I turn the channel. And in terms of politics, KFVS is very slanted to the right, not surprising given the area we live in but I always take what I hear on there with a grain of salt. And does anyone else notice how KFVS12 seems to like to brag on themselves? I get so sick of seeing those "We were the first to bring you..." Goodness. They have to brag on themselves because no one else will.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 1 min okimar 1,072
boat storage (May '13) 16 min Pedro Cintas 8
What really happened to Bagger Dave's 18 min Wimpy 10
mary and Chris robbins 21 min hope they lose them 6
Poop 27 min Guest 1
Parenting Plan Help 31 min hi there 11
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 45 min Race friction 287

Search the Cape Girardeau Forum:
•••
•••