vigilante

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Aug 1, 2013
There is possibly movement afoot to having a meeting (off campus) with a national union. If you or anyone you know is interested in at least getting more info and pro's & con's, you need to log on here and indicate the number (only) of those who would. A tentative deadline is August 16, 2013.
vigilante

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Aug 2, 2013
I am suspicious of this site. My last post was not allowed on site. Perhaps it had something to do with telling employees that there was movement to talk to a union and using this site to make an effort to determine the number of employees willing to find out the pros & cons from the union.
vigilante

Saint Louis, MO

#23 Aug 2, 2013
Well, whadda ya know. there it is.
healthcare worker

Alton, IL

#24 Aug 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
They are not hiring experienced people, they are hiring inexperienced people so they can pay them less. This must effect patient care.
YOU BET IT EFFECTS PATIENT CARE! The general public should see what goes on behind the scenes at SE Health! If they did, NO One would go there. SE has treated their workers simply terrible for the past 5 or 6 years. Little to no raises, because they don't have to. They don't have to because healthcare jobs are extremely hard to find. Makes you wonder why anyone wants to work there. Let alone support such an organization by using them!!!
healthcare worker

Alton, IL

#25 Aug 22, 2013
Lack of raises and poor management aside, the absolute worst thing I have heard, to date, about Southeast Health follows.
I have heard stories of management simply walking in and firing employees on the spot, employees fired for things that were simply not true, and employees losing upwards of $5000 worth of ETO hours after being fired for personality conflicts with their supervisors. But this one tops all of those by a landslide!
Southeast health recently terminated a long time employee because she took too long to recover from breast cancer. How sad is that? A healthcare facility fires one of their own because they become sick! Shame on you Southeast!
Their newest moto is "the difference is how you are treated". Really? It should be the other way around- "how do you, SE, treat long-term, dedicated employees?" Again, shame on you!
And what will you use the $4million grant for? Do you need another 20 VP of whatever?
The board of directors really needs to open their eyes to all that goes on at that facility!!!!!

Kansas City, MO

#26 Aug 22, 2013
healthcare worker wrote:
Lack of raises and poor management aside, the absolute worst thing I have heard, to date, about Southeast Health follows.
I have heard stories of management simply walking in and firing employees on the spot, employees fired for things that were simply not true, and employees losing upwards of $5000 worth of ETO hours after being fired for personality conflicts with their supervisors. But this one tops all of those by a landslide!
Southeast health recently terminated a long time employee because she took too long to recover from breast cancer. How sad is that? A healthcare facility fires one of their own because they become sick! Shame on you Southeast!
Their newest moto is "the difference is how you are treated". Really? It should be the other way around- "how do you, SE, treat long-term, dedicated employees?" Again, shame on you!
And what will you use the $4million grant for? Do you need another 20 VP of whatever?
The board of directors really needs to open their eyes to all that goes on at that facility!!!!!
If this did happen that is sad. I do not know of this situation but if you are unable to return to work after an extended illness or surgery then you loose your job and thats anywhere. SE does offer short and long term disability to all their employees, which they pay for, if she was unable to return to work, her job is no longer there but I'd bet she is and will continue to receive her LTD until she is able to return to work rather it be back at SE or somewhere else.

Kansas City, MO

#28 Aug 22, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Sure they could have kept a slot for her IF THEY WANTED TO. But you see it is cheaper to let that long term employee go and pay someone else much less. You work there for years and work to get the ideal position for you and then something unspeakable happens. You're injured or have some catastrophic event and loose not only your health but your job you have worked for so long. The hospital says O'Howell sure you can come back to work but at an entry level position. So now you have lost your job and are no longer healthy enough o do the entry level position they offer. But you know, "it's all in how you are treated."
After 12 weeks of missing work your job is no longer held for you. That is something everyone knows from day one. If I was to be out of work for 4-5 months I wouldn't expect them to hold my job, it would suck, yes, I would still be sick and not have my previous job to return to if/when I got better, but like I said before, I would still be getting that LTD I was referring to earlier. I do believe that if your friend gets better and I hope she does she will be able to return to work there, maybe in a different roll or area, but I'm sure they would find something for her.

United States

#29 Aug 23, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>After 12 weeks of missing work your job is no longer held for you. That is something everyone knows from day one. If I was to be out of work for 4-5 months I wouldn't expect them to hold my job, it would suck, yes, I would still be sick and not have my previous job to return to if/when I got better, but like I said before, I would still be getting that LTD I was referring to earlier. I do believe that if your friend gets better and I hope she does she will be able to return to work there, maybe in a different roll or area, but I'm sure they would find something for her.
So are you saying an employee who is called to serve in Afghanistan will not have a job upon return?

Kansas City, MO

#30 Aug 23, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>So are you saying an employee who is called to serve in Afghanistan will not have a job upon return?
No, that is not even close to what I said. We were talking about the women who had breast cancer, and I said "if I was still sick" after 12 weeks my position would be filled. I know several SE employees that have served and were gone for close to a year and they of course had their positions. That was never a question.

Jackson, MO

#31 Aug 23, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>No, that is not even close to what I said. We were talking about the women who had breast cancer, and I said "if I was still sick" after 12 weeks my position would be filled. I know several SE employees that have served and were gone for close to a year and they of course had their positions. That was never a question.
You need to review the laws pertaining to the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).

United States

#32 Aug 23, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>You need to review the laws pertaining to the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Exactly!
Guest too

United States

#33 Aug 23, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
After 12 weeks of missing work your job is no longer held for you. That is something everyone knows from day one. If I was to be out of work for 4-5 months I wouldn't expect them to hold my job, it would suck, yes, I would still be sick and not have my previous job to return to if/when I got better, but like I said before, I would still be getting that LTD I was referring to earlier. I do believe that if your friend gets better and I hope she does she will be able to return to work there, maybe in a different roll or area, but I'm sure they would find something for her.
Ok so you are HR. I know what you're saying but I also know they would and have held jobs for people when they wanted to. There is a huge wall between Administration, HR and the employees that was not there before the new administration and the addition of the HR Director that was not there before. HR cares about as much about the employees as they would a drowned rat. Admin isn't much better and the Board wants to remain blind apparently.
I know

Semora, NC

#34 Aug 23, 2013
They have to hold your position for 6 weeks.If you return you may not have the same work schedule. If you do not return to work within 6 months you art terminated.
Guest too

United States

#35 Aug 23, 2013
I know wrote:
They have to hold your position for 6 weeks.If you return you may not have the same work schedule. If you do not return to work within 6 months you art terminated.
Unless you are in admin then I bet the story would change.
Hoppy

United States

#36 Aug 23, 2013
Unless you are black, then they will not fire you.
Patient

Jackson, MO

#37 Aug 23, 2013
If pay were commensurate with the level of enthusiasm and compassion; I would expect that their staff would be earning minimum-wage.

United States

#38 Aug 24, 2013
Patient wrote:
If pay were commensurate with the level of enthusiasm and compassion; I would expect that their staff would be earning minimum-wage.
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
When the prior CEO and others ran SE the moral, enthusiasm and compassion was much higher.
Patient there is always two sides.
True

United States

#39 Aug 24, 2013
I applied for a position in which I was experienced in with a good work record. They called me in for an "ambush" style interview. It was very unpleasant. They had an arrogant and condescending manner. I tried to be polite and answer their questions with a smile. I needed that job, they hired somebody's family member. The head of human resources should be run out of town on a rail for allowing/encouraging this most unprofessional behavior. I will never say anything positive about that "institution" rather, I tell everyone how badly they treated me and what their attitudes are like. Hope patients wake up and see what they are about behind the warm and fuzzy TV and radio commercials.

United States

#40 Aug 24, 2013
Guest too wrote:
<quoted text>Ok so you are HR. I know what you're saying but I also know they would and have held jobs for people when they wanted to. There is a huge wall between Administration, HR and the employees that was not there before the new administration and the addition of the HR Director that was not there before. HR cares about as much about the employees as they would a drowned rat. Admin isn't much better and the Board wants to remain blind apparently.
For the record....I do not and never have worked for HR dept at SE, or anywhere for that matter. I just know of someone who lost their job a few years ago for an extended life altering illness. She is still unable to work and still getting LTD.
hmmm

O Fallon, MO

#41 Aug 26, 2013
You can not post anything safely on here. We were warned several times in staff meetings "Topix was being monitored".Since I was one that had a "conflict" with my manager and was fired they no longer scare me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jacy Keller 12 min Mr big 15
Arikka Jo Proffer 34 min CuriousCat 1
Cheats and liars 39 min question 23
Black girl needs Money 2 hr Billy 12
Brandon 3 hr ladybug 4
Toby horman 5 hr Toby Horman 3
pof 6 hr Jennifer Dodds 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages