First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Chris

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jul 22, 2006
Hey Everyone!

I've been asked by SEMO U to teach Ghosthunting 101 class in October. Since I've only lived in this area for a month, I was wondering if I could get some input from those of you who have grown up here or lived here for awhile. I'm looking for ghost stories of the area (preferably true or those passed along), urban legends and if you know of any haunted locations.

If you don't want to post your answers on here because someone might think you're crazy or weird like they do me (LOL), then you can send me an email at [email protected]

Thanks!
Chris
Hey There

Woodworth, LA

#2 Jul 17, 2007
Chris wrote:
Hey Everyone!
I've been asked by SEMO U to teach Ghosthunting 101 class in October. Since I've only lived in this area for a month, I was wondering if I could get some input from those of you who have grown up here or lived here for awhile. I'm looking for ghost stories of the area (preferably true or those passed along), urban legends and if you know of any haunted locations.
If you don't want to post your answers on here because someone might think you're crazy or weird like they do me (LOL), then you can send me an email at [email protected]
Thanks!
Chris
Check out the Senath Light near Senath MO. in the bootheel.
person

United States

#3 Jul 26, 2007
Around Van Buren. If you stay on 60 about a mile after the bridge there will be a highway called M highway on your right stay on M until it turns to gravel this is called Waymear. Stay on Waymear until you come to a fork in the road you want to keep going straight or you'll go to the river. After about a mile or so after the fork you will come to an old road to your left as soon as you turn on the old road there will be a CREEPY old Cemetary it is supposedly haunted. If you decide to check it out email me at [email protected]
acc52

Memphis, TN

#4 Jul 26, 2007
Wilcox Road in Poplar Bluff, there is a story of an old man (don't know the whole reason he is there) but at night people have supposedly spotted him walking the tracks with a lantern. It is possisbly the most well known "haunted" area in PB, so I am sure someone can fill you in on the details. And definatly check out the Senath Light if you can!
Not 2 New 2 Town

United States

#5 Jul 30, 2007
You should check out the Hunter-Dawson state historical home in New Madrid, MO....there are many stories about it. It is located on 310 Dawson rd. Phone # is in the book.
Portbartender

Sikeston, MO

#6 Jul 31, 2007
Check out Port Cape rest. It's haunted
sewerguy

United States

#7 Aug 7, 2007
Lorimer cemetary in Cape - Definately spooky!!
jcwill

San Francisco, CA

#8 Aug 8, 2007
On Old bloomfield road there is an area that used to be called Mt. Tabor Park. Supposedly a girl was raped and murdered there in the 1970's. The park was closed because it was so far away from the rest of town at the time and the police were unable to effective patrol it. It was sold and is now private property. It is said that on dark night you can see the figure of a girl on the side of the road, and even hear her screams.
port authority

United States

#9 Aug 8, 2007
Port Cape is def. a haunted site. Check it out with any of the staff that have worked there awhile.
hope this helps

United States

#10 Oct 2, 2007
Chris wrote:
Hey Everyone!
Thanks!
Chris
Fahrenburg Light in New Madrid, MO area - Story of a guy who was hit by train (headless), the scoop is that if you go out to the area of "fahrenburg light" you will see a light floating....the guys is looking for his head. My understanding is he worked for or w/ the railroad - The "baby boom" generation is the primary group to get best info. I'm a baby boom child.
Just Me

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Oct 2, 2007
I will tell ya the place on Bloomfield road I have heard about for years I am never out that way at night so I dont know about it but I have heard people talk about it. Port Cape is definatly haunted...they had a ghost whisperer there last Halloween and heard and saw somethings...you should go check that out!!

The ghost at Port Cape is called Belle and there are several different stories on what happened to her just ask the bartender or someone whos been there for a few years and they can tell you numerous stories!

Since: Aug 07

Sikeston, MO

#12 Oct 3, 2007
I've never actually seen the ghost though.
I believe

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Oct 3, 2007
I have never per say saw a ghost but me and someone who used to work at Port were doing an event upstairs and there was what looked like glitter floating around in the corner by the emergency exit....and right after that there was a rack of glasses flug off of a table at the other person working...She messes with stuff once in a while in my office but never anything too major. She has been movin around upstairs some when I go out to smoke it sounds like someone is on the 3rd floor and I know I am the only one up here!! I am not the only one who says shes been movin around alot lately...Its close to halloween and after last year...I hope noone comes in this year to make her mad.
andy

Poplar Bluff, MO

#14 Oct 13, 2007
wilcox road in poplar bluff m.o.does have some old stories of ghostly events. I grew up in the general area of this story.I'm not sure of all the facts but it has to do with satanic worshiping.As a kid,Me and my friends would walk down to the tracks {train} and there would be lots of dead animals near and around the bridge {under it} I was pretty fear less but I didn't mess around there to often. Anyway good lucky Teach post your findings. p.s. the people down that dead end road are not very friendly .
joann

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 20, 2007
andy wrote:
wilcox road in poplar bluff m.o.does have some old stories of ghostly events. I grew up in the general area of this story.I'm not sure of all the facts but it has to do with satanic worshiping.As a kid,Me and my friends would walk down to the tracks {train} and there would be lots of dead animals near and around the bridge {under it} I was pretty fear less but I didn't mess around there to often. Anyway good lucky Teach post your findings. p.s. the people down that dead end road are not very friendly .
Andy, what are some more ghost stories from the poplar bluff area? I lived there too.
jlb

United States

#16 Oct 22, 2007
my sister had an interesting ghost story that happened in a house we lived in years ago in poplar bluff. i'd be interested in finding out who lived there many, many years ago because the story was chilling and we have some proof that my sister saw the ghost of a little girl who died at the site of the house we lived in. i often wonder how i could go back and research who owned the farm in the early 1900's or late 1800's and find death or obituary information about this little girl. i feel pretty certain the story is based on facts.
Julie

Williamsville, MO

#17 Nov 4, 2007
I run a Bar here in Poplar Bluff, I will not go into details as to the strange things that go on in it, We do know it is haunted, we know of one of the reasons why. And if you are teaching a class on the subject matter, and would like to bring your class in to meet a few of my non-living guests, I would be thrilled to have you all. But, I would love for someone with-out the history of the bar, or knowledge of our ghosts, to investigate. feel free to contact me [email protected]
miranda

AOL

#18 Apr 24, 2008
wilcox road, there is a story of a train that jumped the tracks and all the passengers died and they found a lady and she was pregnat and when they checked her,and the baby had been cut from her womb and a man was found decapitated and they never found his head.
Mom

Cape Girardeau, MO

#19 May 1, 2008
The Royal N'Orleans is haunted. The lady that used to own it, and supposedly had a little business going on upstairs, was very particular about the way tables were set. If things are wrong, she'll move the settings around, or get mad and knock a glass over.... and the mirror falls off the wall.
Also, there is a cemetary across from the old Notre Dame High School and St. Vincent elementary. There are some green eyes that float above a headstone. When I was little, they would follow the car, if you noticed them!!
daffy

Faridabad, India

#20 Aug 17, 2008
We checked out Wilcox road several years ago. I was told if you turned your car off while sitting across the railroad tracks at exactly nidnight your car would not start.
Well we tried it, the vehicle did hesitate starting, something it never done. When it did start, we were so spooked we decided to leave the area. From the railroad tracks around a curve and several hundred feet there after, it sounded like something was dragging underneath our vehicle. When we finally stopped to look , there was nothing to be found and the sound stopped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hooking up from craigslist? (May '10) 8 min myspace 46
do you know who they call e.t. in cape girardeau? (Jan '11) 2 hr RumorsSuck 9
Great african american hero...Silky Johnston 2 hr TruthHurts 25
Bad Hair Crazy Club 4 hr successful 12
does medicaid cover braces? (Nov '10) 5 hr Bruce 630
Havco (Jan '15) 5 hr Big D 21
Here LILB and FAKE DUDE, Ever had wife seduced? 6 hr 3somefun 6

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance