Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mil...

Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

6,402 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

aur56

Aurora, MO

#6729 Jul 16, 2012
guest wrote:
Advance just closed shelter, thanks Prop B.
Good Job
Quest

Benton, MO

#6730 Jul 19, 2012
Vote Yes
aur56

Aurora, MO

#6731 Jul 19, 2012
Every time another mill shuts down we are one step closer to dogs being treated humanely. We will keep reporting these mills till they are all shut down.
Hello

Reeds Spring, MO

#6732 Jul 19, 2012
aur56 wrote:
Every time another mill shuts down we are one step closer to dogs being treated humanely. We will keep reporting these mills till they are all shut down.
Just how many have you personally reported? Or do you just like to get on your soap box within this forum and talk about all the good you are doing? If you truly have reported animal cruelty at mills, than I apologize. However, I highly doubt that you have.
Huckleberry Finn

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#6733 Jul 21, 2012
Just glad to hear the Silex people are done. They are so stupid. They spent all the money on drugs and good times, what a bunch of losers. Great job PALS.
aur56

Aurora, MO

#6734 Jul 22, 2012
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how many have you personally reported? Or do you just like to get on your soap box within this forum and talk about all the good you are doing? If you truly have reported animal cruelty at mills, than I apologize. However, I highly doubt that you have.
I have reported 3 puppy mills over the last 12 years. All 3 were shut down. it doesn't happen overnight but it does happen. I will report every time I find one, and I will be a pain in the Ass till it is shut down. This is not a soap box, it's real and i do all I can to put them our of business.Also, have 2 dogs rescued from puppy mills... Not all talk here.
cha cha

Euless, TX

#6735 Jul 22, 2012
Too bad this won't stop here. Wonder how long it will be till the ranchers have to have each cow a bed, pillow, color tv, one grade A square bale of hay, and a back rub be fore bed..... Sounds like a stupid made up post??? Do the research of the people truly behind them.
Curious George

Stover, MO

#6736 Jul 23, 2012
Get what you want wrote:
Huh...sometimes we get what we don't want. Should have read the fine print.....
I agree people should have read the small pring. I work at an animal shelter and we take dogs from breeders. It is like anything there are some good ones and some bad one.
I spoke with a retired U S Dept of Ag inspector yesterday. He quit because of how they are using the Bill. It is about the money for the USDA also. They charge shelt4ers $1.00 per dog tht they transfer to another rescue or shelter. They also charge $1.00 per dog that is adopted, they are getting double on the transfers. They have 22 pages of laws and most of them are so vaague that an inspector can do anything they want to a breeder or shelter. They need to get some inspectors with common sense. One breeder got written up for refusing an inspection because whe was on the way to the Hosp. to get an IV that she had to wear changed. She has MS. The former inspector suggested that the breeders and shelters hire an attorney and fight the bill until it is better written.
The day after the Bill passed there was a plea about some dogs that a breeder was going to put down because they had too many. I sent this to HSMO in St Louis because they were one of the ones pushing to get the bill through. The plea camae on Wed after the bill passed and was sent to HSMO, the dogs were going to be put down on Fri. I got a reply from HSMO on Monday that if there were any urgent cases to let them know. I thought this many dogs getting put down was urgent. Do you know that less than $2.00 of every $20.00 sent to HSMO and ASPCA go to help animals, the rest is for salary and adveftising. You would be better to give the money to a local shelter.
Now lets all pull together to get something corredted that was done wrong to begin with instead of this stupid badgering of individuals.
aur56

Aurora, MO

#6737 Jul 23, 2012
I only donate to local shelters anymore. Cause I heard they were not giving money to shelters. I only get dogs from sheltes or rescues.A small way to help.
Curious George

Stover, MO

#6738 Jul 23, 2012
aur56 wrote:
I only donate to local shelters anymore. Cause I heard they were not giving money to shelters. I only get dogs from sheltes or rescues.A small way to help.
Good for you, need more people with common sense like you.
Reverend Peterson

Branson, MO

#6739 Jul 23, 2012
Jimmy Russell swallows puppies. Just look at that gut!
townie

Euless, TX

#6740 Jul 23, 2012
I like to think town ppl aren't sure about what they want

Since: Mar 12

Euless, TX

#6741 Jul 25, 2012
Had to take my friend to pick up his dog from the Farmington police pound. It was over 100 degrees and all dogs were pacing back and forth in the pens. Fecis in every single one that had been trampled for days because the person running it doesn't take time to care for these animals awaiting pick up.
Outside 100 degree plus weather with no food or water. About a dozen contact numbers who don't answer. Investigate this
Appalling that state gets funding to treat animals like crap. Your ass would be arrested if you had the same set up in your back yards as the cops
Do.
Don't believe me? Check it out report back
old school

Garden City, MO

#6742 Jul 25, 2012
Curious George wrote:
<quoted text> I agree people should have read the small pring. I work at an animal shelter and we take dogs from breeders. It is like anything there are some good ones and some bad one.
I spoke with a retired U S Dept of Ag inspector yesterday. He quit because of how they are using the Bill. It is about the money for the USDA also. They charge shelt4ers $1.00 per dog tht they transfer to another rescue or shelter. They also charge $1.00 per dog that is adopted, they are getting double on the transfers. They have 22 pages of laws and most of them are so vaague that an inspector can do anything they want to a breeder or shelter. They need to get some inspectors with common sense. One breeder got written up for refusing an inspection because whe was on the way to the Hosp. to get an IV that she had to wear changed. She has MS. The former inspector suggested that the breeders and shelters hire an attorney and fight the bill until it is better written.
The day after the Bill passed there was a plea about some dogs that a breeder was going to put down because they had too many. I sent this to HSMO in St Louis because they were one of the ones pushing to get the bill through. The plea camae on Wed after the bill passed and was sent to HSMO, the dogs were going to be put down on Fri. I got a reply from HSMO on Monday that if there were any urgent cases to let them know. I thought this many dogs getting put down was urgent. Do you know that less than $2.00 of every $20.00 sent to HSMO and ASPCA go to help animals, the rest is for salary and adveftising. You would be better to give the money to a local shelter.
Now lets all pull together to get something corredted that was done wrong to begin with instead of this stupid badgering of individuals.
I so agree with you.
Curious George

Stover, MO

#6743 Jul 26, 2012
Tortured Artist wrote:
Had to take my friend to pick up his dog from the Farmington police pound. It was over 100 degrees and all dogs were pacing back and forth in the pens. Fecis in every single one that had been trampled for days because the person running it doesn't take time to care for these animals awaiting pick up.
Outside 100 degree plus weather with no food or water. About a dozen contact numbers who don't answer. Investigate this
Appalling that state gets funding to treat animals like crap. Your ass would be arrested if you had the same set up in your back yards as the cops
Do.
Report it to the Dept. of Ag. since the idiots passed the puppy mill bill they are nit picking shelters, rescues etc.
aur56

Aurora, MO

#6744 Jul 26, 2012
Tortured Artist wrote:
Do.
Stop complaining and report to ASPCA in St. Louis. They will do something about it.

Euless, TX

#6745 Jul 26, 2012
Not complaining just stating a fact. And it has been reported.

Euless, TX

#6746 Jul 26, 2012
Just encouraging folks to go visit the pound by the water treatment plant. No one will probably be there. Have pen and paper ready cause you will get alot of phone contacts that do not answer.
John

Wentzville, MO

#6747 Jul 29, 2012
CitizenTopix wrote:
Missouri Proposition B: Dog Breeding Regulations, also known as the Puppy Mill Bill.
A "YES" vote will amend Missouri law to require large-scale dog breeding operations to provide each dog under their care with sufficient food, clean water, housing and space; necessary veterinary care; regular exercise and adequate rest between breeding cycles. The amendment further prohibits any breeder from having more than 50 breeding dogs for the purpose of selling their puppies as pets. The amendment also creates a misdemeanor crime of "puppy mill cruelty" for any violations.
A “NO” vote will not change the current Missouri law regarding dog breeders.
How will you vote on November 2?
No , Laws are in place for this .... This is a precursor to regulating agricultural business with an iron fist....this is is incrementalism at its finest
curious george

Stover, MO

#6748 Jul 29, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
No , Laws are in place for this .... This is a precursor to regulating agricultural business with an iron fist....this is is incrementalism at its finest
The Dept of Ag has hired lots of new inspectaors that are idiots. They are picking at animal shelters and rescues over really stupid things. THe bill is so vague that they can take any way they want. It needs to be redone now that the people in Kansas City and St Louis got it to pass, us dumb country folks knew better than to vote yes. There were already laws for the breeders and shelters but now they are really nit picking. All the breeders and shelters need to get together and get some proper wording in the bill. However, we are dealing with lawyers etc. and they like things to be vague.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult fun 19 min guest 2
Local women 21 min guest 2 4
any ladies want to sext? 36 min super horney 22
discreet fun 40 min fun fun 5
orgasim donor 47 min donor 1
how many more 2 hr Guest 6
Grant Dade, Windbag 4 hr Factoid 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages