why are Christians against gays
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Shorty

United States

#394 Apr 27, 2012
we are somewhat intolerant at the westboro baptist. see our webpage blog godhatesfags
Sikeston

Saint Louis, MO

#395 Apr 27, 2012
Interesting...I think the Presbyterians have embraced them. I think there is a state working to outlaw referencing them as gay or 7ags. Wow.

Since: Mar 12

Jackson, MO

#396 Apr 28, 2012
Shorty Circuit wrote:
<quoted text>
All this talk about wee wees and butt holes one might think this professional might have certain latent or non latent tendencies toward gay ism.
You wouldn't be a priest or a televangelist by chance or perhaps a born again who has been in the big house a very long time?
lol yea ive noticed this too. its almost to the point of it not being worth responding to. he also makes a lot of comments about education and calls people children a lot. this is kinda what makes me think he is indeed a pastor...

“Being a Guest is my Career”

Since: Jan 12

Petticoat Junction

#397 Apr 28, 2012
UnJesus wrote:
<quoted text>
lol yea ive noticed this too. its almost to the point of it not being worth responding to. he also makes a lot of comments about education and calls people children a lot. this is kinda what makes me think he is indeed a pastor...
If you had bothered to actually read my posts, you would have discovered, all of your suppositions to be wrong.
Kay

Wayne, NJ

#398 Sep 23, 2012
I am a gay woman and I have had a lot of trouble when it comes to my faith. I recently realized that no matter what anyone says, everybody should love one another. Not all Christians condemn another person for being gay. It is purely within the individual. I know a lot of christians who except me for who I am.
If we judge people just because of their religion, assuming they dislike us, then we are doing the same thing to them that we assume they are doing to us which is judging and that is not fair. All humans are alike. we all have a heart and our bodies function the same. If we all stick together and love one another, that is all that matters. I believe that is what god wants!!!:)
deltadyke

Jackson, MO

#399 Sep 23, 2012
Kay wrote:
I am a gay woman and I have had a lot of trouble when it comes to my faith. I recently realized that no matter what anyone says, everybody should love one another. Not all Christians condemn another person for being gay. It is purely within the individual. I know a lot of christians who except me for who I am.
If we judge people just because of their religion, assuming they dislike us, then we are doing the same thing to them that we assume they are doing to us which is judging and that is not fair. All humans are alike. we all have a heart and our bodies function the same. If we all stick together and love one another, that is all that matters. I believe that is what god wants!!!:)
Kay here ya go may this help Call Me Troy
http://blip.tv/free-speech-tv/call-me-troy-pa...
Call Me Troy part 2
http://blip.tv/free-speech-tv/call-me-troy-pa...
deltadyke

Jackson, MO

#400 Sep 23, 2012
Stonewall Uprising
http://video.pbs.org/video/1889649613

The Times of Harvey Milk 1984 1/9

Before Stonewall
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

After Stonewall

Gay Pioneers http://www.youtube.com/watch...

'Mom's Apple Pie: The Heart of the Lesbian Mothers' Custody Movement'

Radical Harmonies http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The Bully Project http://thebullyproject.com/indexflash.html#/v...
Gene Kelly

Des Moines, IA

#401 Sep 23, 2012
Christianity is irrational. Most Christians I know can't explain anything about their own faith other than in very superficial terms. It is meaningless at this point and persists, in my view, simply as a vestige. I do not relate to the bible at all and I do not care about what Jews thought or did 2000 years ago in the middle east. They were completely ignorant of science and had tribal mentalities. Asking what should be taken literally in the bible is a silly question to begin with. Why take anything literally in the bible? Would it make the bible more credible, reliable, or believable? No. Nor would it settle any disputes between Christians and non Christians.

Since: Mar 12

Owensboro, KY

#402 Oct 9, 2012
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously? Jesus isn't the boss? And you got this from where? Christ clearly teaches in the Bible you won't have salvation unless you go through Him. He is God. God is Him. Because the concept can be difficult to grasp without knowledge please read, study and seek wisdom. Don't get caught up in "christian or not christian" or all the different dogmas of the different belief systems aka Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist etc and et al - Don't let someone get you to focus on one topic like gay or not gay - read and searcht the Word. It will give you the answers your soul needs fo survival.
. If u stick with God's original words in the Torah He said He is the alpha and omega, never changing, no Jesus was not and is not God, that was a lie, u probably believe Jesus was white too,wrong again and no I'm not black just letting u know u are so far from the truth is not even funny and the point of the thread is, God will not recognize a gay marriage, period! He created woman for man, not man for man. I personally don't care if ppl wanna be gay, knock urself out, dnt believe me, whatever, ask God urself when u see Him, He will tell u the same thing.
lol

Jackson, MO

#403 Oct 9, 2012
because they're close minded and stuck in the 1600's.
they're probably racist too.
Imjustsayin

Cape Girardeau, MO

#404 Oct 9, 2012
God doesn't make mistakes. Gays are born and don't make the decision to be so. They can, however, make the decision to not practice homosexuality. That brings a loveless, lonely life. What is the answer?

“Knowledge gained from life ...”

Since: Jun 12

USA

#405 Oct 10, 2012
Having been at work since 6pm and having a lot of free time on my hands, I have spent that time reading every single post on this thread. Yes that could be construed as "wrong", but that's my life and my Job, lucky me on the graveyard shift.

The one post that said "Why are Christians against gays?....because their doctrines says to be" was the only real and straight forward answer. Simple.

UnJesus made many good points, as well as a constant presence throughout this thread, at least consistent. As did meme26 when she wasn't being impersonates by someone else. A few, such as "Mike" would have been better off staying away from Topix all together. Professional Guest made good points as well as "Social Worker" and Kellysmom. I agree with some as well as disagree with others, honestly Its a marvelous time to be alive when people of so many different backgrounds and views can come together and discuss their beliefs,...rationally and sometimes irrationally.

Answers? Only that as a people we are confused. We don't have answers, only best guesses and or hopes. Nothing is for certain.

I myself have no answers, only questions. Which is what brings me to forums such as this, in hopes that something I read here will shed some light on the questions I seek. This is not my only source of information before anyone jumps in on that one. The truth, that has yet to present itself. But all in all an interesting read to say the least. Yet I walk away feeling just as empty as I did after the first post. It wasn't a complete waste of time however, some things will cling to memory and perhaps this and some other information I obtain will prove useful someday.
Until then I will add my two cents, only one line "Peace be in your heart and wisdom in your mind"

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#406 Oct 10, 2012
Colonel Sheppard wrote:
Having been at work since 6pm and having a lot of free time on my hands, I have spent that time reading every single post on this thread. Yes that could be construed as "wrong", but that's my life and my Job, lucky me on the graveyard shift.

The one post that said "Why are Christians against gays?....because their doctrines says to be" was the only real and straight forward answer. Simple.

UnJesus made many good points, as well as a constant presence throughout this thread, at least consistent. As did meme26 when she wasn't being impersonates by someone else. A few, such as "Mike" would have been better off staying away from Topix all together. Professional Guest made good points as well as "Social Worker" and Kellysmom. I agree with some as well as disagree with others, honestly Its a marvelous time to be alive when people of so many different backgrounds and views can come together and discuss their beliefs,...rationally and sometimes irrationally.

Answers? Only that as a people we are confused. We don't have answers, only best guesses and or hopes. Nothing is for certain.

I myself have no answers, only questions. Which is what brings me to forums such as this, in hopes that something I read here will shed some light on the questions I seek. This is not my only source of information before anyone jumps in on that one. The truth, that has yet to present itself. But all in all an interesting read to say the least. Yet I walk away feeling just as empty as I did after the first post. It wasn't a complete waste of time however, some things will cling to memory and perhaps this and some other information I obtain will prove useful someday.
Until then I will add my two cents, only one line "Peace be in your heart and wisdom in your mind"
I very much appreciated your post and agree that no answers will be found until we do die. I believe we will all answer for our sins christian, atheist, etc. this is a tough conversation and a topic of worry to Christian parents, friends and family of gay people. Gay people seem to know that they have accepted The Lord without question and it certainly isn't my place to not believe them. I guess I just want substantiation that God feels differently now and that will never happen as long as I am living. I hope to see my gay friends in heaven
nicole

United States

#407 Oct 12, 2012
splc

United States

#408 Oct 12, 2012
because they are small minded morans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kfvs is fake news 10 min KFVS12 8
Panhandlers 2 hr Anthony 1
News Lowe's truck filmed running red light and flipp... 3 hr Cape police 7
Where can I find some Great Rag Bologna? (Jul '12) 5 hr Douglas Edwards 56
huddle house or denny's (Dec '11) 5 hr None 40
TRUMP IS FINISHED! He is wanting a PARDON on HI... 9 hr Guest 74
News Tattoo artist found murdered in septic tank aft... (Jul '13) 10 hr Freddie100 169

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages