What's with all the racial tension i...

What's with all the racial tension in Cape's Topix

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Seriously

Jackson, MO

#1 Feb 5, 2013
I don't see it nearly as often in other Topix locales, why Cape? Everyone needs to let go of all that anger and move on, come live in the future, it'll make the world a better place. If it doesn't at least I won't have to see it spewing all over our local Topix.
Guest

United States

#2 Feb 5, 2013
I know right? It really seems to have exploded in the last 3 or 4 months.
Dr Knowledge

Campbell, MO

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Seriously wrote:
I don't see it nearly as often in other Topix locales, why Cape? Everyone needs to let go of all that anger and move on, come live in the future, it'll make the world a better place. If it doesn't at least I won't have to see it spewing all over our local Topix.
Cape was picked by a panel of experts on White Racism to be the most racist city in America, or the second most racist out of all the tens of thousands of towns, villages, and super cities.

That's why it is so violently racist. The people who control this city do nothing to stop the hatred spewing out from White people.

There is no other Topix across America, or down South where White people are vomiting out so much hatred 24/7/365

It is simply mind-boggling that people can be so stuck on stupid as most of these people are.
Guest

United States

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Dr Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Cape was picked by a panel of experts on White Racism to be the most racist city in America, or the second most racist out of all the tens of thousands of towns, villages, and super cities.
That's why it is so violently racist. The people who control this city do nothing to stop the hatred spewing out from White people.
There is no other Topix across America, or down South where White people are vomiting out so much hatred 24/7/365
It is simply mind-boggling that people can be so stuck on stupid as most of these people are.
Who was on the panel? Where has their work been published?
Mephisto

United States

#6 Feb 5, 2013
Seriously wrote:
I don't see it nearly as often in other Topix locales, why Cape? Everyone needs to let go of all that anger and move on, come live in the future, it'll make the world a better place. If it doesn't at least I won't have to see it spewing all over our local Topix.
Agreed! It's disgusting.
Black Professor

United States

#7 Feb 5, 2013
We need to understand that the black victim hood has gone on long enough. It is not helping our people. The black family is in self destruct mode.
Disgusted

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Feb 5, 2013
Sad, so sad!!
Guest

United States

#10 Feb 5, 2013
Yes it is. The sheer ignorance on both sides just fuels the fire. Those repulsive threads about who smells like what sicken me. The name calling is a crutch for the uneducated. There is so much intolerance of each others skin color, religion, political affiliation and so on that I worry what the next generation will experience.
Guest

Fairfax, VA

#11 Feb 5, 2013
I agree that Cape Girardeau County has serious racial tension. I am ashamed with the behavior of blacks and whites in this area, but please let me share a story.

A few weeks ago, after returning to Cape from a business trip in Illinois, I was faced with a terrifying event. My car broke down as I crossed the bridge into Missouri. It was about 1 am. I went to call for help, but for some odd reason, my phone would not dial out. I could see both Rhodes and Bi-State Southern just a few blocks away, so I began to walk to the gas station to call my husband. I was followed by 2 black males whom I did not see when I began to walk. Now, I'm a 30-something petite, blonde white female. These two men taunted me the whole way! Making sexual comments and reference to my color (or lack thereof). Scared me half to death! Not once did they genuinly offer to help me. They were only interested in scaring me. When I began to run, their taunting got more vicious. Now, tell me how you think that made me feel? When I reached the gas station, my first phone call was to the police station, then to my husband. Of course, these men where to be found.

Another situation. Last summer, my child was in a car accident. While waiting to be seen in the ER, a black woman walked in and proceeded to walk straight back to the ER rooms. The receptionist stopped her and she began verbally and racially assaulting her because she was asked to wait before just entering on her own. This is a standard safety precaution at every ER, but this black woman acted as if she owned the place. Had a severe case of "entitlement"!

Now, I know that not all black people act this way. I have black and white friends and co-workers. If you're a good person, I don't see color. I see a good person. I also know there are bad and good white and black people. It seems to
me though that the majority of the poor black race have a huge chip on their shoulders. They take out their frustration on the white population. I may be white, but I didn't make you poor. I didn't enslave your ancestors. I have never disrespected any black person, nor would I ever, but I could see where some of their behavior could make a person be racist. I'm not saying that it's right, but I do see how that can and has happened over the years.

What's the solution? If you can't be a part of the solution, then you're the problem.
Guest

United States

#12 Feb 5, 2013
Guest wrote:
I agree that Cape Girardeau County has serious racial tension. I am ashamed with the behavior of blacks and whites in this area, but please let me share a story.
A few weeks ago, after returning to Cape from a business trip in Illinois, I was faced with a terrifying event. My car broke down as I crossed the bridge into Missouri. It was about 1 am. I went to call for help, but for some odd reason, my phone would not dial out. I could see both Rhodes and Bi-State Southern just a few blocks away, so I began to walk to the gas station to call my husband. I was followed by 2 black males whom I did not see when I began to walk. Now, I'm a 30-something petite, blonde white female. These two men taunted me the whole way! Making sexual comments and reference to my color (or lack thereof). Scared me half to death! Not once did they genuinly offer to help me. They were only interested in scaring me. When I began to run, their taunting got more vicious. Now, tell me how you think that made me feel? When I reached the gas station, my first phone call was to the police station, then to my husband. Of course, these men where to be found.
Another situation. Last summer, my child was in a car accident. While waiting to be seen in the ER, a black woman walked in and proceeded to walk straight back to the ER rooms. The receptionist stopped her and she began verbally and racially assaulting her because she was asked to wait before just entering on her own. This is a standard safety precaution at every ER, but this black woman acted as if she owned the place. Had a severe case of "entitlement"!
Now, I know that not all black people act this way. I have black and white friends and co-workers. If you're a good person, I don't see color. I see a good person. I also know there are bad and good white and black people. It seems to
me though that the majority of the poor black race have a huge chip on their shoulders. They take out their frustration on the white population. I may be white, but I didn't make you poor. I didn't enslave your ancestors. I have never disrespected any black person, nor would I ever, but I could see where some of their behavior could make a person be racist. I'm not saying that it's right, but I do see how that can and has happened over the years.
What's the solution? If you can't be a part of the solution, then you're the problem.
I know someone who rents apts but is very particular about who they rent to. Live-in - no. Mixed race couple no, etc. so they rent to an attractive white woman who proceeds to cheat them out of 4 mos rent. Bad people are bad people regardless of their color.
Guest

Fairfax, VA

#13 Feb 5, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I know someone who rents apts but is very particular about who they rent to. Live-in - no. Mixed race couple no, etc. so they rent to an attractive white woman who proceeds to cheat them out of 4 mos rent. Bad people are bad people regardless of their color.
I couldn't agree more!
Knowledge

Campbell, MO

#14 Feb 6, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I know someone who rents apts but is very particular about who they rent to. Live-in - no. Mixed race couple no, etc. so they rent to an attractive white woman who proceeds to cheat them out of 4 mos rent. Bad people are bad people regardless of their color.
I'm sorry female, but I have no love for you. Just watch how many people threaten me, harass me, belittle me on this forum EVERY DAY ALL DAY. I get this sort of treatment everywhere I go in Cape and Southeast Missouri in real time.

I didn't see you or anyone else here trying to stop that. So frankly I believe you are lying, but if you aren't then you are just getting some payback for how MOST Whites us.
Guest

United States

#15 Feb 6, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry female, but I have no love for you. Just watch how many people threaten me, harass me, belittle me on this forum EVERY DAY ALL DAY. I get this sort of treatment everywhere I go in Cape and Southeast Missouri in real time.
I didn't see you or anyone else here trying to stop that. So frankly I believe you are lying, but if you aren't then you are just getting some payback for how MOST Whites us.
First, who said I'm female. Second this didn't happen to me. Did you respond to the wrong post?
deep woods

United States

#17 Feb 6, 2013
First off there is no doubt that blacks were treated unfairly and unjust from the 1860s to the 1960s. Now in 2013 it's the whites that are treated unfairly and unjustly. A black man can go to his job, not do a damn thing and tell white jokes and nothing happens because management is scared he or she will pull a race card. A white man does this and he is fired. If someone on TV makes a remark that a black don't like and he is publicly ridiculed. A black man punches a white man and its ok. A white man punches a black man and its a hate crime. They want to be treated equal? No,they want works for only them.
white

United States

#18 Feb 6, 2013
Black show it just as well as whites, there will never be a end to it! It's all about having respect.
Guest

Fairfax, VA

#19 Feb 6, 2013
I think "Knowledge" was responding to me. It in fact did happen and I did nothing to deserve to be treated like that! I have NEVER mistreated any black, Asian, Mexican etc, nor will I ever. I wasn't raised that way. You don't have to believe me, but it is the truth.

It's called RESPECT and many people don't possess this attribute. I do. Just as I don't generalize all black people, you shouldn't generalize all white people. We all aren't out to get you, believe it or not.

I just want everyone to get along as Americans and work towards a better nation as a whole. I know what I want doesn't really matter, but that would be nice. I, alone, can't change the world, but if your not a part of the solution, you're the problem.
jkh

United States

#21 Feb 6, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry female, but I have no love for you. Just watch how many people threaten me, harass me, belittle me on this forum EVERY DAY ALL DAY. I get this sort of treatment everywhere I go in Cape and Southeast Missouri in real time.
I didn't see you or anyone else here trying to stop that. So frankly I believe you are lying, but if you aren't then you are just getting some payback for how MOST Whites us.
No solomon, you get treated the way you do because of the crap that you continuously spew onto this website. If you're even HALF the a$$hole you are on here, in person, THAT would be the reason you get so much flack!! Try being a nicer person and people will (generally) respond in kind.
Guest

Lockhart, TX

#22 Feb 6, 2013
It seems like there is some new thread every week that tries to keep the race issue at the top of the list. I stopped even opening the threads months ago. I grew up in the '60's and sometimes the tone of posts remind me of the attitudes of the 60's and THAT is really discouraging.
King Solomon Falasha Jew

Campbell, MO

#23 Feb 6, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was on the panel? Where has their work been published?
All I can tell you for sure is that it was a prominent White Cape Doctor whose name I will not disclose who said he had seen a show on CNN where they were discussing the OJ Simpson trial. He said two of the talking head were discussing whether OJ could receive a fair trial based on his celebrity status, or whether the fact that he was alleged to have killed a White man and a White woman which are the two greatest sins for any Black man to do in this country.

During the course of the conversation one of them mentioned that the two worst bastions of hard core White Supremacy in the entire USA were Whidbey Island, and Cape Girardeau. So according to them Cape was either the worst, or the second worst of the more than 20,000 towns, villages, or cities in America. Living here and having to put up with the crazed mentalities of the Whites on this forum who are typical of White in this city and this county, I would agree with the people on the panel.

I have researched and researched over the years trying to find who the people were who made the statement, and what research did they do to narrow things down to those two small cities.

Black men in Cape don't get called the "N" word to their face anymore, but the powers that be are relentless in making sure that FEW Black men get jobs paying more than $75,000 a year even when they are qualified as I am.

White Supremacists realize that if they keep the Black man unemployed his woman will leave him and turn to t he White man for affection.

So another Black family has been broken apart. Watch that video I shared the other day about what White people do to keep Blacks at the bottom of the well.:-)

White strategies for holding down Black people
Guest 1

Lockhart, TX

#24 Feb 6, 2013
King Solomon Falasha Jew wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can tell you for sure is that it was a prominent White Cape Doctor whose name I will not disclose who said he had seen a show on CNN where they were discussing the OJ Simpson trial. He said two of the talking head were discussing whether OJ could receive a fair trial based on his celebrity status, or whether the fact that he was alleged to have killed a White man and a White woman which are the two greatest sins for any Black man to do in this country.
During the course of the conversation one of them mentioned that the two worst bastions of hard core White Supremacy in the entire USA were Whidbey Island, and Cape Girardeau. So according to them Cape was either the worst, or the second worst of the more than 20,000 towns, villages, or cities in America. Living here and having to put up with the crazed mentalities of the Whites on this forum who are typical of White in this city and this county, I would agree with the people on the panel.
I have researched and researched over the years trying to find who the people were who made the statement, and what research did they do to narrow things down to those two small cities.
Black men in Cape don't get called the "N" word to their face anymore, but the powers that be are relentless in making sure that FEW Black men get jobs paying more than $75,000 a year even when they are qualified as I am.
White Supremacists realize that if they keep the Black man unemployed his woman will leave him and turn to t he White man for affection.
So another Black family has been broken apart. Watch that video I shared the other day about what White people do to keep Blacks at the bottom of the well.:-)
White strategies for holding down Black people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BavvNJ0_nTkXX
First let me say I do believe there is still a well ensconced "good ole boy" network in Cape Bollinger and Perry counties but the largest employers in Cape County are not as controlled by them as they once were. I know of two black gentlemen in Cape who have six figure jobs. So opportunity is out there but it isn't a prevalent opportunity to make that kind of money or even $75,000 for any of us. I'm masters prepared in my field and I don't make that much. Masters degrees don't come cheap!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police chase in cape last night (Apr. 18) 20 min Mike 9
Great african american hero...Silky Johnston 30 min Nope 19
The difference 42 min Nope 19
I need a hookup (Jul '13) 52 min Hubba u cootie 9
Hooking up from craigslist? (May '10) 2 hr Exit only 39
Coad Toyota Auto Repair & Maintenance (Jun '09) 3 hr Guest 12
Bad Hair Crazy Club 3 hr Smackdown 1

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages