Everyone should read about S.E VS St....

Everyone should read about S.E VS St. Frances in the Post

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
I TOLD YOU SO

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Just like many have commented on over and over here on Topix, the St. Louis Post has an article about Southeast and St. Frances competing with each other and how much higher the medical bills are compared to those in the St. Louis area. It is a great read and you can track it down on the Post wedsite. Southeast and St. Frances and almost all the medical doctors in this area should be ashamed. And, I mean DEEPLY ashamed. Inferior care at higher prices, that is what you get in Cape.
Interesting

United States

#2 Jan 6, 2013
Which hospital(s) in St. Louis are preferred? Barnes Jewish is a teaching hospital. I don't want a student doing hip or back surgery on me.
Question: Why are the two hospitals expanding their services into surrounding areas when they can't succeed with good patient care, etc. in Cape?
FYI

United States

#3 Jan 6, 2013
Millers

Ballwin, MO

#4 Jan 6, 2013
The Highest Power! A Top 100 Hospital! The Best Baby Deliverers in the World! The Best Weight Loss Institute in the World! Stephen and Jeannie had a vision, this is it. Congrats SFMC
Really

United States

#5 Jan 6, 2013
Millers wrote:
The Highest Power! A Top 100 Hospital! The Best Baby Deliverers in the World! The Best Weight Loss Institute in the World! Stephen and Jeannie had a vision, this is it. Congrats SFMC
Highest power made more money than SE but only gave 0.2 million more in charity care? Plus they spent 4times more in advertising than in charity care. SE's advertising to charity care comparison was nearly flush. This kind of blows SFMC's higher power-christian perspective doesn't it?
Double Billing

Ballwin, MO

#6 Jan 6, 2013
Oh my ...
Really

United States

#7 Jan 6, 2013
Should have merged.

United States

#8 Jan 6, 2013
Why are the payments which patients owe SE sent to Barnes instead of SE?

Jackson, MO

#9 Jan 6, 2013
guest wrote:
Why are the payments which patients owe SE sent to Barnes instead of SE?
They aren't.
Blue Eyes

United States

#10 Jan 6, 2013
SFMC pays so much better,but the patient to nurse ratio & management isn't the best...Financially I would have to choose to be employed with SFMC,but prefer Southeast. Currently considering putting income aside & choosing the better option!
Kay

Ballwin, MO

#11 Jan 6, 2013
Lots of former SFMC fed up with the money grubbing program. Working at SE and happy.
Really

Bloomfield, MO

#12 Jan 7, 2013
Read on and see how much Drury Southwest and Rust communications receives in advertising monies--it pays well to be on the board of SFMC
Cheri

Ballwin, MO

#13 Jan 7, 2013
If you read the statements of the SFMC CEO it's hard to believe SFMC is a non-profit organization. I hope the authorities take notice. Seems like an abuse of this priveledge.

Arnold, MO

#14 Jan 7, 2013
Seriously, look at how much both advertise. Billboards, TV , Radio and Internet. Look at the opulent landscaping and facility erection spurts these places both do.

Meanwhile a trip to the ER for a couple of stitches for your childs scraped knee costs thousands of dollars, that is utterly ridiculous.
Reason

Ballwin, MO

#15 Jan 7, 2013
People losing their homes to pay for medical bills, often futile after bad outcomes and they are building waterfalls in ditches. Explain this.

United States

#16 Jan 7, 2013
Really wrote:
Read on and see how much Drury Southwest and Rust communications receives in advertising monies--it pays well to be on the board of SFMC
Is anyone really surprised at this Cape Girardeau
"Good ol Boy" network? I'm not. I'm really sick of this non profit Catholic bullshit. Just heard a radio ad for ND HS today. The hospital flies a advertising executive in from out of state each wk to work here. We must have some incompetent folks in MO since they cann't find anyone locally or in St. Louis to do the work. What a waste of money. Making my BP go up just thinking about it.

United States

#17 Jan 7, 2013
Another Good ol Boys news flash from KFVS.
Just turned on KFVS and lo and behold, major sessions of Sucking Up and trying to hide the truth of the newspaper article. If they or the Missourian were worth there salt they should have researched and broke this news. First commercial then was from SFMC Wait both get major revenue from both hospitals. Wouldn't want to piss them off would we?
Makes me gag
Wash U

Ballwin, MO

#18 Jan 7, 2013
SFMC and their CEO should be ground zero for the Presidents healthcare reform initiative. If ever there was an abuse of the publics trust and nonprofit exemption this would be it.
Really

Bloomfield, MO

#19 Jan 7, 2013
Really wrote:
Would be nice if Rust Communications or KFVS would do a follow up on the article in the Sunday St. Louis Post--but most likely they both will lay low-really low.

Sikeston, MO

#20 Jan 7, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Would be nice if Rust Communications or KFVS would do a follow up on the article in the Sunday St. Louis Post--but most likely they both will lay low-really low.
You should watch the news today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buck McNeely Outdoors show (Aug '12) 2 hr LugalBanda 113
Best veterinarian in cape county 4 hr Three Pyrenees 7
Atheist Talk 6 hr bread 488
Can't buy alcohol at Walmart with your kids there 9 hr C1Me 12
Bigfoot sightings! (Jan '12) 9 hr River Floater 25
Tired of seeing black people using electric whe... (Mar '10) 9 hr Joker 93
Three cheers for Food Giant 9 hr Joker 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages