omg

Hurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Anyone know of a great place in Cape/Jackson area?
Cali girl

Hurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Don't send your loved to Arbors. I heard it not certified & staff not trained for Alzheimer's care.
blondebombshell

Hurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I heard staff very loving and caring but overworked and understaffed
whynot

Hurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Cali girl wrote:
Don't send your loved to Arbors. I heard it not certified & staff not trained for Alzheimer's care.
Nurse not know patients well.
whynot

Hurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Cali girl wrote:
Is that in Cape?
Cali Girl

Hurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

whynot wrote:
<quoted text> Is that in Cape?
yes, but another one in Sikeston.
buster 4

Hurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Cali girl wrote:
how can it be advertised as such then?
bsbigtime

Hurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Can't stand fact that direct care staff does everything from personal care, passing meds, laundry, cleaning, & food prep/serving, activities, etc. How can they get all done & take good personal care of residents?
realpity

Hurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Shame they dont hire more staff per shift being that a ginormous corporation, Americare, owns it & can afford it. Patient care is sacrificed!
neoma56

Hurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

buster 4 wrote:
<quoted text> how can it be advertd as such then?
I couldnt find license for it separately so it must operate under Auburn Creek regular asst living.
nioe

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

No such thing Alzheimer's assisted living. You need a skilled facility with an Alzheimer's unit.
not

Charleston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Nope arbors is horrible. A close friends gramma was there for a year and to make a long story short, the place neglected her. She lost weight cause she "refused" to eat. As soon as they switched her into a new facility, she gained almost 10 lbs in a little over a month. And before they moved her, she also fell and broke her hip cause her alarm wasn't on her. Please don't put your loved ones in there. It's nice and all but they evidently don't have enough patience with the residents in there. And u need that when you work with Alzheimer's patients!! Good luck!
Capitalism

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

not wrote:
Nope arbors is horrible. A close friends gramma was there for a year and to make a long story short, the place neglected her. She lost weight cause she "refused" to eat. As soon as they switched her into a new facility, she gained almost 10 lbs in a little over a month. And before they moved her, she also fell and broke her hip cause her alarm wasn't on her. Please don't put your loved ones in there. It's nice and all but they evidently don't have enough patience with the residents in there. And u need that when you work with Alzheimer's patients!! Good luck!
Well that's the good part, these are private pay facilities, charges are daily, so you can leave when you want. For $4,000 a month you should find plenty of good places. No government patients are taken, just well to do.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

They are understaffed and they do expect too much of the few employees they do have. bsbigtime is right. Staff is responsible for every aspect of residential life there, from cooking and cleaning to passing/administering medications and patient care. Also, the company tends to hang on to employees that don't necessarily do a good job, but rather know how to keep their mouths shut.

Pleasanton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

my grandmother is there and has been there a long time they are wonderful staff is great help of alot better then Lutheran home!!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

It IS a lot better than the Lutheran Home, but that really isn't saying much...
tworightsdontmak ewrong

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

So im confused cause on Americare website Arbors at Auburn Creek is advertised as Alzheimers Assisted Living facility. Am I to understand it is NOT licensed or certified for that? Am I also to assume then the staff isnt specially trained how to deal with special issues that comes with that disease and other forms of dementia? How can Americare get away with that legally? Do the staff have a food handlers certificate & required to wear hairnets in kitchen? I am going to look into this further BEFORE I put my Dad there. Something rotten in Denmark here!
retiredRNRita45

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

I am disappointed to hear about any unplanned weight losses & then any "refused to eat" excuses from any facility. I worked in an Alzheimer's certified SNF towards the end of my 36 yr. career in nursing & NOTHING was taken as an excuse. We worked diligently with family, POA of Healthcare, Dietician, & doctors to make sure this didn't happen & what interventions we needed to have implemented to prevent this any further on behalf of the health & welfare of the residents. I am shocked that any facility Administrator and/or Nurse would not do something about this! Do they even have a Nurse? This is a special population of vulnerable people that constantly need a "hydration aid" to constantly offer drinks and snacks to them AND to assist them with drinking and eating whats offered as needed. SHAME ON ANY CORPORATION AND FACILITY that adverises for special Alzheimer's care when there isn't any!
nodoubt

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Arbors staff isn't properly trained and it's not their fault. Majority of staff there is very loving and caring but even those qualities only go so far in patient care. More staff is needed and the ones there need more specialized training for Alzheimer's care than just what they get in CMA training. I am curious if Nurse has any qualifications to work with that special population.

“Think for yourself.”

Since: Dec 12

Anonymous

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

I know a couple families that have family members living in Monticello House in Jackson.
They check their family member out of the home on occassions do things with them and then return them to the home. talking to these elderly folk I have heard them say that the food is generally bland but they are allowed to own their own food seasonings to add to thier food. They are allowed visitors during normal hours. When the facility hires an employee that the residents do not like the family members hear about it from the residents.
When I have visited people at Monticello House Assisted Living my family member always points out who their favorite staff member is, generally the same 4 ladies.
I have heard from former employees and a doctor that the Retirement facility behind Monticello House is one of the last places you want a family member. Under trained staff and on occassion under staffed. The former staff members I have talked to all say the Alzheimers unit is much better than the Retirement facility in the back.
When choosing a place for your Alzheimer family member shop around go and talk to the residents and then talk to their families.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Cape Girardeau Forum right now

Search the Cape Girardeau Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Laura on KFVS 20 min Fan 3
Name a no good gutter sl#t! 40 min Bucknasty 9
Tired of seeing black people using electric whe... (Mar '10) 47 min tony 84
Charter Boxes can now eavesdrop and monitor you. 1 hr guest 5
Committed telationship, can't stand his kid. 1 hr guest 27
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 1 hr dear guest 18,909
church 2 hr Reply2_CIA 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cape Girardeau Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cape Girardeau People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••