What the heck is going on at NARS???!...

What the heck is going on at NARS???!!!???!!!

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

InquiringMind

O Fallon, MO

#1 Nov 19, 2010
Crazy things have been going on. What's the scoop? Does anyone have the honest answer? We never know from one day to the next if we still have a job or if we are going to be fired. It's really not the greatest place to work, certainly not the worst, but I need my job to support my family. I'm scared.
Nope

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 19, 2010
InquiringMind wrote:
Crazy things have been going on. What's the scoop? Does anyone have the honest answer? We never know from one day to the next if we still have a job or if we are going to be fired. It's really not the greatest place to work, certainly not the worst, but I need my job to support my family. I'm scared.
Now would be the best time to look for a new job, if you're that worried about it. Heck I'd be worried too if I worked for an unstable company..I don't know anything about Nars or what's going on there, but life is too short to be stressed out..just sayin'
Saw it on the news

Wood River, IL

#3 Nov 19, 2010
I heard NARS just bought another company, a collection agency, I believe.
InquiringMind

O Fallon, MO

#4 Nov 20, 2010
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Now would be the best time to look for a new job, if you're that worried about it. Heck I'd be worried too if I worked for an unstable company..I don't know anything about Nars or what's going on there, but life is too short to be stressed out..just sayin'
Thanks!!
gtffoh

Centralia, IL

#5 Nov 20, 2010
Shheeeeiiitttt! I heard it's going down. I heard the Charter project at Nars in Chesterfield got shut down. I also heard that the Manager Nicole and others higher ups on the Sprint project are forced to take a vaca UNpaid. I heard they are still hiring like crazy but they just fired the top earning supervisors and trainers, or at least demoted them. I don't even care really. To be expected with the tomfoolery that goes on there. They are getting over on their empoyess and investors and clients and the employees with any sense know it. It's the end of the year and time to count the money. They're on some Enron Worldcomm ish and tons of folks are about to be out of work.
Harold

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Nov 22, 2010
Well I was interviewed there over a week ago , then they said they were hiring 100 new people . I made it to the second interview and the told me that they had bad news for me and everyone else they recently considered hiring . Upper management but a freeze on hiring out of no where . I wasnt even interviewed , just told the bad news . They said they did hire a few people to work at home but already filled those positions. Probably a blessing in disguise for me honestly , from what I have heard about that place , but I would of gave it a try cause I really need a full time job .
Wonderin

Florissant, MO

#7 Nov 23, 2010
Well that's funny because they are having open interviews lol.

I don't know why though...considering they are taking in mass amounts of apps every day from walk-ins! I think the whole 'accepting apps' is a smoke screen so the current employees won't freak out and leave just yet.
harold

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Nov 23, 2010
well I went in for a walk in interview and did well enough to get a second one , they just never gave it to me . No hard feelings about it reallu , I just wish they would of called so I didn't have to drive all the way there for nothing .
gtffoh

Centralia, IL

#12 Nov 28, 2010
Wonderin wrote:
Well that's funny because they are having open interviews lol.
I don't know why though...considering they are taking in mass amounts of apps every day from walk-ins! I think the whole 'accepting apps' is a smoke screen so the current employees won't freak out and leave just yet.
I think you are exactly correct. I know for a fact they did hire new people. But the number of those folks who are still there are gone. My training class started with 17 people and now 2 remain. It's is nuts. I swear there is no reason for them to hold these interviews because they cant keep people. The worst way I have ever seen a company ran EVER. Terrible.
Nars Sucks Balls

Addison, IL

#13 Nov 28, 2010
NARS recently acquired Pinnacle and typically when another company acquires a different company of similar scope their is a temporary hiring freeze.

http://bit.ly/eivRPt

A place like NARS with their poor management team will not survive with a hiring freeze that last more than 3 months.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 Nov 29, 2010
Get rid of Mandy and hire a real leader and Nars might have a chance. She has zero people skills and treats all of the employees like crap.
employed by nars

United States

#15 Dec 1, 2010
i love nars!!ive worked here for 3yrs now. I cant speak for everyone else but all the bad talk about this company is w2rong,,,its from hiring all these ghetto kids white or black and them not coming to work!!it cost nars 5,000 per ea.agent they train!!nars is a great opportunity and going under??not anytime soon there getting smart and kicking out the bad apples that get nars fined by charter...and the office in chesterwhatever that has nothing to do with nars!!i love mandy if she dont like you, its prolly u who needs to work on how to keep employeed and if you had to deal with all the dumbasses that walk in this door and mess everything good up ud prolly be edgy too.the turnover rate in this town its like no1 no1s how to b business savey anymore.nars is leniant in way more ways than anycompany ive worked for and were do you get all3 insurances for 80.00 a mo. i love nars
it is what it is

Jackson, MO

#16 Dec 1, 2010
i agree... NARS has a normal turn over for any kind of call center, maybe a lil more than most because of the quality of some of the people that are hired there as they don't want to actually come to work and do their job. but any business has its ups and downs and anyone that cant handle NARS obviously just has an issue working period. NARS is very understanding about things and you only get fired if when you've pushed too far so for those bitter people out there.... get over it and accept the fact that NARS isnt going anywhere and mandy is a really cool person that works her ass off, maybe thats why she doesn't have the time to be a 'people' person. anyone who doesn't understand a real business would talk smack. NARS has its pros and cons but overall its a great place to work.
Not surprised

Wood River, IL

#17 Jan 4, 2011
Boo! Nars sux! They are gonna go out of business cause they don't know how to run things. Why u think they fired security guards? Made sips take unpaid vaca? Asking agents to cut hours? Hell they r so hard up on money they don't even give u towels in the bathrooms anymore. It's horrible. Majority of the equipment is broke. Computers, key boards, mice, chairs.... Ect. It is a joke of a work place, I still work there cause of the pat. Prob stay til they close or start layoffs. To ppl applying. U don't wanna work at nars!!!!
really

United States

#18 Jan 4, 2011
guest wrote:
Get rid of Mandy and hire a real leader and Nars might have a chance. She has zero people skills and treats all of the employees like crap.
Mandy works her behind off for us! As does Renee! All of management and HR will ALWAYS have the employees backs, if you're willing to do YOUR part as an EMPLOYEE!! None of them are as unapproachable as some like to think! And they are VERY LENIENT in a lot of ways!
Harold

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jan 4, 2011
Well , I swear I am telling the truth . That is exactly what they told me . I have no idea what I could have done to make them change their mind about hiring me if what they told me was a lie . Seems they would of at least still gave me the second interview I showed up for .
Ex employee

Mount Vernon, IL

#21 Aug 9, 2011
I think NARS will be here for a long time! It has a higher paying entry level position than most any business in Cape Girardeau! Like any other job, you have to go to work daily and do the job you were hired to do! Simple as that! Yes they have a higher rate of turn over because of new hires that either don't show up for work, come to work and goof off all day, or took the job and couldn't handle it! I personally know a group of people who have worked there since they opened and have maintained their jobs due to their hard work and professionalism, and I know others who assumed the job would be easy breezy and came and gone from work as they pleased and were not acting under any professional manners at all and got fired or quit due to it! There were a few who tried to work hard for Nars but simply could not manage to uphold the standards nars holds them accountable to, due to stress and other hassles, and eventually left or was let go!

People really need to learn a strong work ethic and quit complaining and just due the job they were hired to do! Seriously, it was not that bad and I personally have had worse jobs than NARS!
high school graduate

Chicago, IL

#22 Aug 9, 2011
employed by nars wrote:
i love nars!!ive worked here for 3yrs now. I cant speak for everyone else but all the bad talk about this company is w2rong,,,its from hiring all these ghetto kids white or black and them not coming to work!!it cost nars 5,000 per ea.agent they train!!nars is a great opportunity and going under??not anytime soon there getting smart and kicking out the bad apples that get nars fined by charter...and the office in chesterwhatever that has nothing to do with nars!!i love mandy if she dont like you, its prolly u who needs to work on how to keep employeed and if you had to deal with all the dumbasses that walk in this door and mess everything good up ud prolly be edgy too.the turnover rate in this town its like no1 no1s how to b business savey anymore.nars is leniant in way more ways than anycompany ive worked for and were do you get all3 insurances for 80.00 a mo. i love nars
Learn how to spell and punctuate properly. I am surprised you still work there.
master

United States

#23 Aug 9, 2011
InquiringMind wrote:
do your job, keep to your self and dont miss work . you will be fine.
PishPosh

Chicago, IL

#24 Aug 9, 2011
I know an awesome chic that has worked there for a long time. She knows her stuff and can handle anything. They need to make her major upper management. Purple Porcupine Rocks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor's wife 24 min Curious 3
Jobs 1 hr Weirdo 14
Cuckold 2 hr Husband and wife 1
Poll Brown Bag Video --- Have You Been There ? (Feb '08) 7 hr Troll 1,929
How about that new weather girl Lisa Michaels 7 hr Show Me Your Love... 12
Guy named Nurse Alex at Saint Francis? 7 hr Umm 2
What should go in where Big Lots, Hancock Fabri... 7 hr Well Crap 62

Cape Girardeau Jobs

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages