guest also

Haslet, TX

#121 Jun 23, 2012
us too wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry that we did not inspect the door to see of the phone number was on it. And yes we did email corporate and that's when we received an email from the gm. I'm not dropping his name on here so someone can tear him apart. He was very nice and did his best to "fix" the situation. I really don't know why ur getting so worked up about this. Its not like us not going is gonna shut the place down. We had a bad experience and won't be back. Plain and simple.
what was your bad experience? did you also complain about the noise and high prices?
ben

Cape Girardeau, MO

#122 Jun 23, 2012
There food was crap ive had better service at a gas station at bar time they suck and the staff the have the personality of spam

Arnold, MO

#123 Jun 26, 2012
I have been there three times now. The nachos were terrible. The turkey chili is pretty good. They need to rethink the puffy, mushy crackers they served with it though. The sweet potato chips I had were overcooked. I could not eat them. The burger was no better or worse than I have had at any other sit down restaurant around here such as Ruby Tuesday, BWW, O'Charlie's ... price was comparable too. Overall, I would give their food a C+ to a B-, which is the same rating I would give the above mentioned restaurants. Of course, McD's, Burger King are cheaper but not comparable imo. Nice to have a slightly different atmosphere when dining out sometimes. I like to eat out and since the food is comparable, I will go back sometimes. Some of the "kinks" will probably get worked out soon with the waite staff and cooks after they are open a while. BTW, the train running around is a nice touch but it is waaaaayyy too loud. Adding some sort of sound barrier would be a good idea.

I do think it is nice the way the Zellmer's support and give back to the community with BWW and I suspect it will be the same way with Bagger Daves now. They also hire a lot of local kids and college students, pay them right and treat them well. I personally know several teens who work for them at both restaurants. While Bagger Dave's is okay and it probably will never be one of my favorite restaurants in the area, supporting the community and helping out local kids makes this a win for Cape in my opinion.
Just saying

Saint Louis, MO

#124 Jun 27, 2012
We were there again, "service" was pretty pretty much non existent, food took forever, several tables seated after us, got there orders sooner / before we did, asked about the delay, server got "Phil, the managare", asked him, he stated he really did not have an excuse/reason for the delay, and totally blew us off. Wont be back, spend your money somewhere it is appreciated. Im thinking Zellner has the 1 customer won't make a difference attitude.
Cape Local

Poplar Bluff, MO

#125 Jun 27, 2012
Ate lunch there last week. Service was very good, food was very good. I ordered the American Cheeseburger, Fries and tea. My bill was $11.74 before tip. Although it is a nice place that is just too expensive for a hamburger joint. And to top it off they sell wine from River Ridge Winery in Commerce. They sell a $12.00 bottle of wine for $38!!! or $8 by the glass. Sorry I will drive to Commerce and pick up my own bottle for that price.
Home

Farmington, MO

#126 Jun 27, 2012
My husband and I thought the build your own burger aspect was cool, but the food tasted just like Wendy's at twice the price... plus add tip.
great place

United States

#127 Jun 27, 2012
Went there with my bf and son last week and for the three of us was under $30 and it wasn't loud and service was great. I guess all the ppl whining about it is ppl who eat at home and don't ever go out. And the noise is prolly from thier screaming kids who don't know how to go out and eat and b good. Just shut up and go somewhere else and not complain

Haslet, TX

#128 Jun 27, 2012
Myself and a few family members decided to try it last week for lunch. It was noisy, but it really didnt bother us. The food was good, nothing spectacular. Price was comparable to most other restaurants (Applebee's, Texas Roadhouse, etc) The only thing that disappointed us was service. Our waitress was too busy chatting it up with other servers instead of refilling drinks and getting us our check in a timely manner. Overall about a 6 or 7 out of 10.
unknown

Jackson, MO

#129 Jun 29, 2012
Guest 69 wrote:
Who gives a fly'n rip about 'building a burger'?! If I want to build a burger I'll eat at home and tell my mom what I want on it! LOL Place is like a Chuckie Cheese on roids!
Well go eat at home and don't come eat bc we have plenty of other ppl eatin there and they love it
unknown

Jackson, MO

#130 Jun 29, 2012
us too wrote:
I've got one better for ya....we went to bagger Dave's Sunday. Got seated by the hostess and then sat there for nearly 20 min waiting for our waiter. Never even got asked if we wanted something to drink. While there were 20 or so people just standing around....including our waiter who was standing by the table right next to us watching the cardinal ball game. So we got up and left. We too went to Yvonne's and had a very good meal.
Who was you waiter
unknown

Jackson, MO

#131 Jun 29, 2012
I think everyone should stop complaining get over it .. Not ever place is cheap at least we got a new restrant and that kids do love the train I see kids with the biggest smile on there face it makes my day .. Yes it expense but it worth it the hamburger are huge I can't eat the whole thing .. Second if you have a problem you can contact our manger not get on here and talk shit about bagger Dave's or talk crap about our waiter we was new we ain't gonna be perfect alright everyone is human .. And I'm very sorry about ppl who Waite for 10-20 mins to get drinks it must of been a mix up or something. All our rules are different from cape restrant.. I think parents on here shouldn't be bad mouthing a new store give it a chance it's the same price as Texas road house Applebee's Logan ect
unknown

Jackson, MO

#132 Jun 29, 2012
We are also fixing the noise problem we can't fix it right away but we are gettig it fixed soon very sorry for the noise but I think bww is very loud to

United States

#133 Jun 29, 2012
unknown wrote:
We are also fixing the noise problem we can't fix it right away but we are gettig it fixed soon very sorry for the noise but I think bww is very loud to
Omg you sound really dumb. What's your job there? Is it anything important???

“Alis Grave Nil”

Since: Jul 11

Haslet, TX

#134 Jun 29, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Omg you sound really dumb. What's your job there? Is it anything important???
Haha
Will not go again

Jackson, MO

#135 Jun 29, 2012
HORRIBLE food, extremely over-priced!
yummy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#136 Jun 29, 2012
I went there yesterday for lunch and i thought the classic cheeseburger was great! I didn't even have to order fries because I was full from the burger alone. The sweet tea was good. It was a little bit loud inside, but no worse than other local restaurants. At first, I was suprised by the fact they have their own soda, but I thought it was kind of unique. Overall, it may be a little on the expensive side, but I think it's definitely worth it!
hmmmm

United States

#137 Jun 30, 2012
Gone immediately. Yea he got caught doing something.

United States

#138 Jun 30, 2012
I have been there a couple of times. Food and prices were similar to everywhere else. Service was ok too. What concerns me is the attitude of some of the people commenting on here who must work there. First of all, your grammer is atrocious. Second, instead of attacking people for an honest review of the restaurant, why not try to improve things and encourage people to come back for another try.
Your comments are damaging and rude (employee) and most of the consumer comments I have read seem to be constructive criticisms which are always expected when a new business opens. I am sure the owners would be unhappy to see you attacking their customers on here.

United States

#139 Jun 30, 2012
it's too loud in there!!! and too expensive for burgers and fries!!!
us too

Haslet, TX

#140 Jun 30, 2012
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>Who was you waiter
That's just it. We never got a waiter. He never even came to take our drink order. I never bashed the place. In fact I said that by me and my party never going back it wouldn't hurt them one bit. U can call it what u want. We had crappy service so we CHOOSE not to go back to a place where SERVICE is the job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terrance Lane 1 hr Theone 11
Stupid lazy medicaid and food stamp people (Oct '11) 1 hr Everyone 159
Anyone ever had or let their wife be seduced by... 5 hr 3somefun 250
why dont white guys date black women 6 hr juan 13
cracker barrel sucks (Jul '12) 6 hr Jackson_sucks 67
Exel (Jun '14) 7 hr Guest 34
Pink up 7 hr Guest 18

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance