Topic Cop

Saint Louis, MO

#101 Jun 19, 2012
Yvonnes? By VFW? What kind of food is it? Is it a local owner? BWW is a loud roudy place too and owners are same ones for BDaves- I guess they want the loud crowd which is fine but we all don't want loud. LOL

“Alis Grave Nil”

Since: Jul 11

United States

#102 Jun 19, 2012
Topic Cop wrote:
Back on topic please. This is about whether or not we like or don't like the grease being slung at Cat Gut Daves. HIV and Aids are not the same. Please, do your research like IHSP said...there are plenty of SVU episodes on cable to educate on the subject. Ok back to BaggerDaves...how about those appetizers? Are there any better in Cape besides the skins at BGs?
I love BDub's mini corn dogs
Chelsi Emmons

Cape Girardeau, MO

#103 Jun 19, 2012
Well, Lets have a round of applause for the complete douche canoe who decided to bag someone who works there. First off, do you know how many people that actually DO have aids has probably handled your food, considering one in four teenagers contract the disease and about 80% of fast food joints hire high school kids. But, it is not, however, grounds for unemployment to have the virus/disease. She most definitely does not have AIDS, but since you are so smart and know so much about everyone, how about you put your name on here and see how many diseases you magically contract.

Get a life.

Bagger Daves: Never ate there. But if lowlife incompetent assholes seem to hang out there like that royal asshat, I will stay away.=]
us too

Frisco, TX

#104 Jun 20, 2012
I've got one better for ya....we went to bagger Dave's Sunday. Got seated by the hostess and then sat there for nearly 20 min waiting for our waiter. Never even got asked if we wanted something to drink. While there were 20 or so people just standing around....including our waiter who was standing by the table right next to us watching the cardinal ball game. So we got up and left. We too went to Yvonne's and had a very good meal.

United States

#105 Jun 20, 2012
Typical conversation at Bagger Daves...

"wow look at these prices!"
"what?"
"I said, look at these prices!"
"huh?"
"I wonder if fries are included."
"I can't hear you."
"pardon?"
"it's really loud in hear."
"what did you say?"
"I said, IT'S REALLY LOUD IN HERE."
"huh?"
"what?"
"these burgers are really expensive."
"I can't hear a damn thing you are saying."
"WHAT???"
"hey look at that train up there."
"yes we need the rain. it's really dry."
"huh?"
"what?"

United States

#106 Jun 20, 2012
tjmaxx wrote:
abby moriss, blonde hair, heavy weight, soft preppy voice, she has aids! should NOT be handeling food! someone needs to tell the manager!
The state does not require testing for HIV/Aid or Hepatitis or STD's either. The only thing they actually test you for is drugs. If the proper safety precautions are being taken you don't have any worries. If you are afraid of that because you think you know something about one person you might want to stop eating out all together. If this person does have Aids do you really think that is the only person in Cape working in food service with HIV/Aids. Get over yourself and do the research I seriously doubt she is getting her body fluids on your burger.

New Roads, LA

#107 Jun 20, 2012
Yvonnes? By VFW? What kind of food is it? Is it a local owner? BWW is a loud roudy place too and owners are same ones for BDaves- I guess they want the loud crowd which is fine but we all don't want loud. LOL Yes Yvonne's by VFW. Their food is like good old days home cooked food. When I was in there this guy said he's eaten there every day for 9 years. The restaurant used to be in Benton. That's where he went. They have specials every day. A lot of food for very reasonable price. Our server was real nice. It was great to have a nice quiet meal and conversation. You can order ahead and pick up in the drive thru also.
just a thought

Jackson, MO

#108 Jun 21, 2012
Guest wrote:
Yvonnes? By VFW? What kind of food is it? Is it a local owner? BWW is a loud roudy place too and owners are same ones for BDaves- I guess they want the loud crowd which is fine but we all don't want loud. LOL Yes Yvonne's by VFW. Their food is like good old days home cooked food. When I was in there this guy said he's eaten there every day for 9 years. The restaurant used to be in Benton. That's where he went. They have specials every day. A lot of food for very reasonable price. Our server was real nice. It was great to have a nice quiet meal and conversation. You can order ahead and pick up in the drive thru also.
Where by the VFW is it? Just can't seem to find it
mice

Cape Girardeau, MO

#109 Jun 21, 2012
i have seen mice there on multiple occasions
angry

United States

#110 Jun 22, 2012
Food is awesome service is awesome!!! Fresh never frozen they don't even have a freezer!!! So all u broke ass haters go to the dollar menu at mcdonalds...u just mad cuz u broke and can't afford a good meal at a nice restaurant lol!!!!!!
Eddie

Cape Girardeau, MO

#111 Jun 22, 2012
us too wrote:
I've got one better for ya....we went to bagger Dave's Sunday. Got seated by the hostess and then sat there for nearly 20 min waiting for our waiter. Never even got asked if we wanted something to drink. While there were 20 or so people just standing around....including our waiter who was standing by the table right next to us watching the cardinal ball game. So we got up and left. We too went to Yvonne's and had a very good meal.
I call BS.
OMG

Cape Girardeau, MO

#112 Jun 22, 2012
This new place BDave's is not by the VFW - it is in the plazza and shares the same building as NARS.....We ate there on fathers day - yes I agree there were a ton of staff standing around. BUT that is always how it is on a new opening place....they are not sure how the public will be and don not want to be under staffed....the food was pretty good, unique style of making burgers - my child loved the chips with his cheese sand. Prices were a little high for a burger joint but you are also paying for the service you do not get at McD's and such........

Cape Girardeau, MO

#113 Jun 22, 2012
OMG wrote:
This new place BDave's is not by the VFW - it is in the plazza and shares the same building as NARS.....We ate there on fathers day - yes I agree there were a ton of staff standing around. BUT that is always how it is on a new opening place....they are not sure how the public will be and don not want to be under staffed....the food was pretty good, unique style of making burgers - my child loved the chips with his cheese sand. Prices were a little high for a burger joint but you are also paying for the service you do not get at McD's and such........
No one said Bagger Dave's is by the. VFW. They're talking about Yvonne's. Pay attention.

Haslet, TX

#114 Jun 22, 2012
OMG wrote:
what was unique about the burgers? is the service worth the inflated price?
us too

United States

#115 Jun 22, 2012
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>I call BS.
U can call BS all u want. We emailed the general manager, he replied within in an hr with an apology. Asked us to give them another shot on his bill.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#116 Jun 22, 2012
us too wrote:
<quoted text>U can call BS all u want. We emailed the general manager, he replied within in an hr with an apology. Asked us to give them another shot on his bill.
Funny how you didn't mention the email until now. Why not post it?
whatever

United States

#117 Jun 22, 2012
us too wrote:
<quoted text>U can call BS all u want. We emailed the general manager, he replied within in an hr with an apology. Asked us to give them another shot on his bill.
Ok so what's email address you emailed him at? What's his name? Why email when their number is in the front door? Why not call ? Yes I call it bs when gm's email address not listed anywhere not even in the web site....
guesty chesty

Haslet, TX

#118 Jun 22, 2012
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Ok so what's email address you emailed him at? What's his name? Why email when their number is in the front door? Why not call ? Yes I call it bs when gm's email address not listed anywhere not even in the web site....
their story could be legit. I've complained to franchise restaurants before via the corporate webpage and received a reply back from the local restaurant's gm.
us too

United States

#119 Jun 23, 2012
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Ok so what's email address you emailed him at? What's his name? Why email when their number is in the front door? Why not call ? Yes I call it bs when gm's email address not listed anywhere not even in the web site....
I'm sorry that we did not inspect the door to see of the phone number was on it. And yes we did email corporate and that's when we received an email from the gm. I'm not dropping his name on here so someone can tear him apart. He was very nice and did his best to "fix" the situation. I really don't know why ur getting so worked up about this. Its not like us not going is gonna shut the place down. We had a bad experience and won't be back. Plain and simple.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#120 Jun 23, 2012
us too wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry that we did not inspect the door to see of the phone number was on it. And yes we did email corporate and that's when we received an email from the gm. I'm not dropping his name on here so someone can tear him apart. He was very nice and did his best to "fix" the situation. I really don't know why ur getting so worked up about this. Its not like us not going is gonna shut the place down. We had a bad experience and won't be back. Plain and simple.
Okay, you didn't like the place but you won't say the manager's name because you're just too kind to do that. You're contradicting yourself. But I guess people who get caught lying do that sort of thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trump's wall 15 min Guest 163
old men 20 min Home 29
Steaknife 1 hr Stef 8
Dr. Uhls, Cape Girardeau, MO OBGYN (Aug '16) 2 hr Guest 14
Advice for KFVS 12 6 hr Gong Show 57
Delmonicos Jackson (Apr '12) 7 hr DeeDee 34
Dr Becking 11 hr Gurst 1

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance