How can atheists be so gullible?

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
bibleisreal

Lockhart, TX

#1 Mar 27, 2013
They cant really believe this world came from a big bang where nothing exploded into nothing and made this complicated, and beautiful world?
lol

United States

#2 Mar 27, 2013
and it makes more sense to u that some supreme being made everything and all human beings came from adam and eve...yeah that doesn't make u gullible at all
bibleisreal

Lockhart, TX

#4 Mar 27, 2013
lol wrote:
and it makes more sense to u that some supreme being made everything and all human beings came from adam and eve...yeah that doesn't make u gullible at all
That is my whole point. This thread was written to make a point. If u notice there is a thread that asks how christians can be so gullible beliw mine.

It takes faith to believe that God created this world. It also takes just as much faith, if not more faith, to believe this world was caused by nothing and nothing exploding. Both take faith. Being gullible has nothing to do with it.
GUEST666

Jackson, MO

#5 Mar 27, 2013
bibleisreal wrote:
They cant really believe this world came from a big bang where nothing exploded into nothing and made this complicated, and beautiful world?
I thought the discovery of the god particle proved how life begun. makes more sense then what the bible say. google the god particle.
bibleisreal

Lockhart, TX

#6 Mar 27, 2013
I def will. But even that takes faith. We all need to grow up and quit belittleing one another because of beliefs. Any belief whether in God or no God or a God particle takes faith. Calling one another gullible or anything else is childish. We all have faith. We just have faith in different things.
Grossss

Edwardsville, IL

#7 Mar 27, 2013
bibleisreal wrote:
Because this isn't fairytale world, dumbass. That's a kids story. Do you still believe in Santa too?
bibleisreal

Lockhart, TX

#8 Mar 27, 2013
Grossss wrote:
<quoted text>
Because this isn't fairytale world, dumbass. That's a kids story. Do you still believe in Santa too?
Ur the dumbass who doesnt read beyond the first comment before u have to jump in there and make a fool out of yourself. Read all the comments and then tell me how nothing and nothing exploding is any less of a fairytale that needs faith to believe than believing in God

Sounds to me like yiu enjoy running ur mouth more than u do reading.
bibleisreal

Lockhart, TX

#9 Mar 27, 2013
GUEST666 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the discovery of the god particle proved how life begun. makes more sense then what the bible say. google the god particle.
Just read some articles on that. Interesting stuff. It doesnt seem to prove anything. Scientist have said its just more understanding and they have a lot more they need to understand. Eithrr way, its interesting and if a person chooses to out their faith in that then so be it. But it doesnt make them gullible. It just means they have faith.
Christianresearc h

Edwardsville, IL

#10 Mar 27, 2013
bibleisreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur the dumbass who doesnt read beyond the first comment before u have to jump in there and make a fool out of yourself. Read all the comments and then tell me how nothing and nothing exploding is any less of a fairytale that needs faith to believe than believing in God
Sounds to me like yiu enjoy running ur mouth more than u do reading.
You're actually confused. That's embarrassing, Christian.
Christianresearc h

Edwardsville, IL

#11 Mar 27, 2013
Christians are different from logical people, in that logical people don't claim to know the unknown. Christians pretend they know what happens when we die. That is cute, but impossible to know. Most likely, we will just rot. F$&@ers.
Christianresearc h

Edwardsville, IL

#13 Mar 27, 2013
And that is why Christians are insane!
bibleisreal

Lockhart, TX

#14 Mar 27, 2013
Christianresearch wrote:
And that is why Christians are insane!
Ur missing the point. One word :"faith". The bible even says that we know in part. It says we wont know fully until later. It takes faith. It takes faith for you to not have faith in God.

Heres how I see it.

Lets do an anology. You come across a fork in the road. The road on the left leads to nothing( thats what the sign reads anyway). The road on the right leads to 10 million dollars.(Thats what the sign reads anyway). If a person had faith that that sign was true and chose the road on the right, would u call him foolish or gullible? I would hope not. He may be wrong but if he is wrong he has lost nothing. If he is wrong, he ends up back on the same road u are on. If he is right, he is now 10 million dollars richer. However if u are right, u dont have 10 million dollars. If u are wrong, u still dont. It would take faith to believe those signs are true and to take road on the right. It also takes faith to believe those signs arent true.
RDNZL

United States

#15 Mar 27, 2013
Faith is based on 'gut feelings', not fact.
Science is based on empirical evidence and fact.
Therein lies the difference.
bibleisreal

Lockhart, TX

#16 Mar 27, 2013
The problem is that thr evolution theory is not fact. Its a theory. Still involves faith. Scientists admit they dont have all the answers. They cant answer many questions especially what created the whatever that banged into the whatever. So there comes the faith.
atheist

Jackson, MO

#17 Mar 27, 2013
Faith is believing in something that has NO evidence to back it up.

We do not say there is no god based on Faith that there is no god. We say there is no god based on Evidence that there is no god.

You say that just because we believe something, we base that belief on faith of our knowledge. No, it is not 'faith' of our knowledge, it's 'evidence.'

Faith is for santa, faries, and gods.
Evidence is for education.

I sincerely hope that has cleared up your confusion. I can't make it any easier, maybe someone else can...
atheist

Jackson, MO

#18 Mar 27, 2013
By the way, even THEORIES contain evidence. Although we don't know ALL the answers, we certainly don't claim to know anything through FAITH. We only claim to know what we can understand through Evidence, be that theories or facts. Also, we are never afraid to admit that we do NOT know something based on lack of evidence.

Sometimes, our theories may be proven wrong later...in which case, we don't reexamine our Faith, we reexamine our Evidence. We don't pray to someone asking for guidance, we seek through our papers and tests and observations for answers.
bibleisreal

Lockhart, TX

#19 Mar 27, 2013
atheist wrote:
Faith is believing in something that has NO evidence to back it up.
We do not say there is no god based on Faith that there is no god. We say there is no god based on Evidence that there is no god.
You say that just because we believe something, we base that belief on faith of our knowledge. No, it is not 'faith' of our knowledge, it's 'evidence.'
Faith is for santa, faries, and gods.
Evidence is for education.
I sincerely hope that has cleared up your confusion. I can't make it any easier, maybe someone else can...
We have the same evidence as you. We look at the same evidence and come to different conclusions based on faith. U see this beautiful world and come to the conclusion that everything evolved into this from some matter exploding into some other matter. This universe is evidence. We use this beautiful universe as evidence that someone had to create it. Same evidence. Different conclusion. Based mostly on faith.

Faith is not for fairytales. U use faith everyday. U sit on a chair and have faith that it will hold you. You go to pizza hut and order a pizza and put that in ur mouth having faith that a cook didnt poison it. It takes faith to believe that this beautiful designed world came about from an accident. It does. U cant get around that. It also takes faith to believe in a creator...all based on THE SAME evidence

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Mar 27, 2013
And immaculate conception ? NOT!
bibleisreal

Lockhart, TX

#21 Mar 27, 2013
Guest- if a person chooses to out their faith in an all powerful Fod who creates this universe rather than putting their faith into believing this world came from nothing exploding into nothing then why would it be so hard to believe that a God who created this universe could also plant a baby inside a woman.?

It takes faith. I can come back at u and say we were all monkeys at one point? Not! It takes just as much faith to believe ur great great great great great grandpa was a monkey as it doea to believe an amazing God planted a baby inside of mary.
bibleisreal

Lockhart, TX

#22 Mar 27, 2013
Sorry for the mispellings. Hate typing on my phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank you Missouri!! 3 hr Guest 18
Cherise hatfield 3 hr Kate 3
So sick of hearing about what's going on with j... 5 hr Jiffy 2
Poll Brown Bag Video --- Have You Been There ? (Feb '08) 8 hr Looneyfosho 1,872
Confederate War Memorial in Cape 15 hr Andy M16 4
Lazy people that live off of others (Apr '11) 17 hr Waste 25
Carlos Vargas safe campus statement 20 hr successful 9

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance